03-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Kelly

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T9W7nTi4JFQ

Sweed

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4AHAhZsrEL4

Disscuss?

gr8slayer
03-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Having watched both for a couple of years I can tell you that Sweed is by far the better run blocker and much more physical,

justasportsfan
03-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Having watched both for a couple of years I can tell you that Sweed is by far the better run blocker.

Evans doesn't need that.

TacklingDummy
03-15-2008, 01:00 PM
:yawn:

What good is drafting an WR when TE has a rag arm and won't be able to get him the ball?

justasportsfan
03-15-2008, 01:02 PM

What good is drafting an WR when TE has a rag arm and won't be able to get him the ball?
says who?

blackonyx89
03-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Kelly

Sweed

Disscuss?

I'd go with Sweed. Moneywise, he's going to be cheaper and as far as
his skills, he's got great speed and I like his unorthodox receiving skills,
especially when it comes to adjusting the ball when thrown awkwardly or
underthrown. BTW, Trent doesn't have a "rag arm" and he's gonna
have to learn to play in nasty cold weather.

Mitchy moo
03-15-2008, 01:09 PM

After reading this post, discussion is over.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-15-2008, 02:02 PM
I'd choose Sweed over Kelly. However, my feelings lie with James Hardy. When its all said and done, I think Hardy will statistically amount to a superior NFL player than any other WR in this years class.

SquishDaFish
03-15-2008, 04:06 PM
I was pro Kelley but after watching those videos I say Sweed is the better WR

Jaybird
03-15-2008, 04:13 PM
i think they all will be ok, but just ok

Oaf
03-15-2008, 04:15 PM
I was pro Kelley but after watching those videos I say Sweed is the better WR
Same, although some say Devin Thomas could be the next Boldin. But I don't think Thomas makes it to our 2nd either.

yordad
03-15-2008, 04:22 PM
I'd go with Sweed. Moneywise, he's going to be cheaper and as far as
his skills, he's got great speed and I like his unorthodox receiving skills,
especially when it comes to adjusting the ball when thrown awkwardly or
underthrown. BTW, Trent doesn't have a "rag arm" and he's gonna
have to learn to play in nasty cold weather.Moneywise? How?

Having watched both for a couple of years I can tell you that Sweed is by far the better run blocker and much more physical,This could be a tie breaker. I have to admit though, I haven't watched them here. And, it would be interesting to check out Hardy's run game too.

PECKERWOOD
03-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Sweed is more physical and has more speed. I think both Kelly and Sweed are worthy of the #11 pick though.. If we take either one I'm happy.

yordad
03-15-2008, 04:32 PM
I think WR is a bigger need than CB. Heck, TE is probably a bigger need. But, I can see how it might be better value wise to go CB.

How many second round CBs will be an opening day starter? IMO, there could be a handful available in the first. It might be better to grab a CB in the first, and hope there isn't a run on WR. Another argument is how expansive a good CB is. Seems they get record contracts. And, DRC wouldn't be much of a reach here, if at all.

There are a handful of WRs I think will start opening day and have the potential to really produce (especially in the red zone). And, at the same time be effective in the run game. Those guys are projected to be gone by our second pick at this point too. But, there are about 10 more who could be starting very soon, and become legit #2s.

It is crazy how all these guys shot up on mock drafts. Hardy, Thomas, Sweed, Kelly. But not all the way up. All would seem like a reach at 11.

Oh, and our TEs are so bad, and this draft is so deep, we could choose between 3 to 10 starter in the third.

Leaving us with one more glaring offensive need. FB. I like Owen Schmitt. Which would leave us longing for a better center... John Sullivan can push Fowler.

That CB, WR, TE, FB, C, combo could get us 5 first year starters out of one draft.

For me, the deciding fact is McKelvin, Jenkins, DRC, Talib, Cason and Flowers will all be gone by our second. While Doucet, Caldwell, Nelson, and maybe one of the higher prospects previously mentioned, will be available in the second.

Moss still has to be played twice a year.

DRC is the tallest CB in the draft. Had the highest CB vertical. The farthest long jump. One of the top 5 40 times.

AND

He scored as many TDs as a freshman CB as he gave up to the guy he covered all four years combined.

So,

It would be way better to trade back. Trade our third and first to the Cowboys for their two first rounders. Throw in a 7th to sweeten it if we have to. It works points wise. If only McFadden would fall to us, the cowboy would be all over that deal.

Then we get Sweed, Kelly, Hardy, or Thomas (in that order), and one of those CBs mention. Oh, and if DRC is available at 22, WR waits til 28.

So, come on McFadden. Your like one tiny domestic dispute away.

Confused
03-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Trade down and grab Hardy.

jamze132
03-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I just don't think it really matters what we decide to do when we are on the clock. It's always nice to acquire more picks if possible but since the draft is such a craps-shoot, who knows what is the best solution for us?

We need to get lucky and get a good WR, CB, C, TE, and DE. I am all for picking BPA throughout the draft.

ParanoidAndroid
03-15-2008, 05:43 PM
As for 2nd round CB's, Porter would not be a bad choice. Is William James still in play as a late FA signing? If he does sign, we go WR all the way and hopefully trade down.

Night Train
03-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Kelly

Sweed

Disscuss?

We probably won't pick either one of them.

TigerJ
03-15-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't know. I thought Kelly got a little better separation and maybe had a little better body control. Both show the ability to make the tough catch. Of course, you don't see the drops in a highlight video. According to what I've heard, Sweed is intelligent, humble and very coachable, but isn't a real crisp route runner. That may account for his tendency not to gain as much separation. I wonder How much of that is coaching.

As for Hardy, he's a little taller than Sweed or Kelly, and certainly was prolific at Indiana. I've heard he drops a few more, and there is that bit of a cloud over him in that alleged incident with a girlfriend. I get the feeling he might not be as much of a high character guy as Sweed. It's not enough of a wart to disqualify him from consideration, especially since he was never charged, but it's certainly something he needs to explain satisfactorily to the Bills before they consider drafting him.

The Jokeman
03-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Pre-injury Sweed was the more thought of WR in the draft. Kelly's definitely moved up the charts but until he runs a forty I'm apprehensive as just good he can be. Though not sure if either one deserves to be taken with pick #11 and hope we can convince a team in the late teens to trade up with us.

justasportsfan
03-15-2008, 09:48 PM
you guys have to consider something, if the bills are set to build a team around Trent, which wr would best compliment Trents style of play?

What type of wr do you think we are looking for? Another burner or one thats big and plays big up the middle ?

:idunno:

The Jokeman
03-15-2008, 09:54 PM
you guys have to consider something, if the bills are set to build a team around Trent, which wr would best compliment Trents style of play?

What type of wr do you think we are looking for? Another burner or one thats big and plays big up the middle ?

:idunno:
Kelly's arguably faster then Sweed but they both offer size and have chances to be very good #1 WR in the league but neither has been shown to be all world and don't expect a rookie WR to make a major impact in his first year. That said if going to compliment Trent I'd go with Sweed as feel he's the tougher guy more reliable hands guy that can be counted in down in down out. Yet much rather take a guy like CB Cromartie in Round 1 and take a guy like Andre Caldwell or Early Doucet in Round 2.

Mitchy moo
03-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Kelly's arguably faster then Sweed but they both offer size and have chances to be very good #1 WR in the league but neither has been shown to be all world and don't expect a rookie WR to make a major impact in his first year. That said if going to compliment Trent I'd go with Sweed as feel he's the tougher guy more reliable hands guy that can be counted in down in down out. Yet much rather take a guy like CB Cromartie in Round 1 and take a guy like Andre Caldwell or Early Doucet in Round 2.

:bandwagon

blackonyx89
03-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Moneywise? How?
This could be a tie breaker. I have to admit though, I haven't watched them here. And, it would be interesting to check out Hardy's run game too.

Everyone's drooling over Kelly and he's been getting the most exposure and when he's drafted first, he's going to ask for a ridiculous amount of money. If Sweed is pick after him,the signing price should go down a bit. Makes sense to you?

:respect:

yordad
03-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Everyone's drooling over Kelly and he's been getting the most exposure and when he's drafted first, he's going to ask for a ridiculous amount of money. If Sweed is pick after him,the signing price should go down a bit. Makes sense to you?

:respect:Actually no. The pay is almost entire predetermined by the selection number, regardless of who it is. Either would be a WR selected 11th. They would likely get the exact same contract. The only factor that would change it (and, not much) would be if one had an agent easier to work with.

blackonyx89
03-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Actually no. The pay is almost entire predetermined by the selection number, regardless of who it is. Either would be a WR selected 11th. They would likely get the exact same contract. The only factor that would change it (and, not much) would be if one had an agent easier to work with.

I did not know that. Thanks.