PDA

View Full Version : BPA

hydro
03-15-2008, 07:25 PM
I have seen people state that we might want to take the best player available at #11. What exactly are our realistic options for a BPA not factoring in our needs?

OpIv37
03-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I don't know enough about who's available to answer your question, but at this point we have some SERIOUS holes and we desperately need a WR. Good teams have the luxury of going BPA in the early rounds- we don't.

Philagape
03-15-2008, 07:34 PM
My draft philosophy is JRMNS.

Josh Reed Must Not Start.

hydro
03-15-2008, 07:35 PM
I don't know enough about who's available to answer your question, but at this point we have some SERIOUS holes and we desperately need a WR. Good teams have the luxury of going BPA in the early rounds- we don't.

That's how I feel too but was wondering if with taking a player tailored to our needs will require us to miss a better prospect.

YardRat
03-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Barring a real surprise 'reach' that nobody can foresee, I think we're fortunate to a certain extent that our main areas of need are also deep in talent in this draft, so arguably who we actually pick could line up with perceived BPA.

DraftBoy
03-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Top Players at positions minus obvious not need areas or where there aren't players even worth looking at with the 11th pick;
WR-Kelly, Sweed, Thomas, Hardy
DE-Harvey, Merling
DT-Sims, Laws
OLB-Rivers
ILB-Connor
CB-DRC, Jenkins, Talib, Cason, McKelvin
S-Phillips