PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers-Cromartie

FlyingDutchman
03-15-2008, 11:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80739054

Bone
03-16-2008, 12:03 AM
If he does not go to New Orleans at 10, hes ours.

Mitchy moo
03-16-2008, 12:15 AM
If he does not go to New Orleans at 10, hes ours.

New O fell down big time this year, they will take the most talented player available at the time with their pick.

Bone
03-16-2008, 12:32 AM
New O fell down big time this year, they will take the most talented player available at the time with their pick.

True, I could see them taking a running back for some reason, I don't think deuce is going to be the same player after his injury..

Mitchy moo
03-16-2008, 12:33 AM
True, I could see them taking a running back for some reason, I don't think deuce is going to be the same player after his injury..

I think your on the right path now, a more likely scenario.

FlyingDutchman
03-16-2008, 12:52 AM
I know WR is a desperate need, but Im not impressed with the options at WR in the draft. Randy Moss scortched us for 4 TDs in one half for gods sake. We NEED a solid corner. We could still grab a WR in the early 2nd that would be just as serviceable as some of questionable top WR picks. I think Manningham would be there. Id love a draft of DRC, Manningham, Dustin Keller, Owen Schmitt, best possible OL.

On a side note: I really think the surgery of Jonathan Stewart could help us if we're looking to trade back in the draft. The RBs in the draft just became pretty slim. Teams may want to go after Mendenhall and swap with us.

bigbub2352
03-16-2008, 01:08 AM
I hate to say it but with the upgrade on the Dline and Poz and Ko coming back to the D, the more pressing need is WR and TE by far, our FO has forgot our O in FA, so we need to add the best players we can thru the draft, Plus the Cover 2 scheme puts less importance on a shut down corner,

i agree a vet or a mid round draft pick of a CB should be made, and i would luve James in here the guy we just brought in, he would be an upgrade of Kiwakee,

We got Youboty, Greer, Mcgee, and Fox-who i thought showed talent and good ST skills, he was also a former 3rd round pick out of OSU, i just really think reaching for Devon Thomas, Sweed or Kelly would be completely exceptable we need better options for Trent

and i think we go TE in the 2nd hopefully Bennett, or the kid form Purdue, and DT in the 3rd i like Bryant there, and FB Schmitt in the 4th and i think we made the necesary adjustments for some solid growth with all the young players and a whole lot of talent

kernowboy
03-16-2008, 06:19 AM
I really don't think we need to reach for a WR.

What we need to evaluate is the fall of in talent between the No1 ranked guy and the No10 ranked guy.

Kelly and Sweed might be ranked No1 but are they so much better than Manningham and Bowman who could be available in the 3rd round especially as we need a No2 not a No1 WR

Davis might be ranked the No1 TE but is he massively better than Carlson, currently considered a 4th rounder, who provides different size options.

How much better is Rodgers-Cromartie than Patrick Lee, a 6ft CB who'll probably be around in R3.

Personally I'd go

R1. DRC
R2. Dre Moore - as he's a 100% flexible DL man
R3. Adarius Bowman WR
R4. John Carlson TE