PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm Kelly has knee issues?

The Spaz
03-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma. He was not able to work out at the combine or at Oklahoma's pro day because of a quadriceps injury, but his knees present a bigger problem. One has been reconstructed and another is arthritic. Kelly, once considered the highest-ranked receiver in the draft, now could have a problem passing some team's physical exams, and his draft stock could drop precipitously. Kelly is scheduled to work out April 9.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-080315-pompei-scout-talk,1,7751937.story

If this is a problem then I don't want him at all. Devin Thomas may not that be that much of a "reach" anymore.

kernowboy
03-16-2008, 06:23 AM
Interesting

Night Train
03-16-2008, 06:31 AM
So we won't be attending his coronation on Draft Day ? I thought his selection was a given ? [/sarcasm]

YardRat
03-16-2008, 06:37 AM
I was going to wait a few days to start a thread asking which projected top player everybody thought might drop through the first this year, but this may make the point moot if it turns out to be true.

Jayhawk
03-16-2008, 07:16 AM
hell he's got a knee injury. I'll take him. (ie Lee Evans)

ddaryl
03-16-2008, 09:07 AM
an arthritic knee would worry me. That's a chronic condition that can become considerbaly worse.

bone on bone grinding in the NFL... not good.

Looks like Limas or Hardy become the top tall WR's if this is true, of course it could be Sweeds agent or some other leaking questionable news for his clients.

Mr. Miyagi
03-16-2008, 09:13 AM
Who knows if this is true at all. This is called pre-draft jockeying. Some teams may "leak" things about certain players to make their stock drop so they fall to these teams.

Don't believe anything anyone says within 6 weeks of the draft.

historypete
03-16-2008, 09:30 AM
If true give me Limas Sweed. The reconstructed knee isn't as big a worry as the arthritic one in my opinion. Lee had an ACL and he is still a burner, but the arthritis is a long term problem that will only get worse.

I think they are both very good. I'd prefer Kelly actually, but since Sweed is healthier I would think that may be the overriding decision between them.

Jan Reimers
03-16-2008, 09:38 AM
I'd be careful with Kelley, but I'd sure take a shot at him if he fell into the 2nd day.

Mr. Miyagi
03-16-2008, 09:41 AM
I'd be careful with Kelley, but I'd sure take a shot at him if he fell into the 2nd day.
LOL second day?

I too would take a long shot at Chris Long if he feel to the second day.

Jan Reimers
03-16-2008, 10:02 AM
LOL second day?

I too would take a long shot at Chris Long if he feel to the second day.
Me too, but Long is generally rated a top 3 pick who doesn't have a quad problem, a reconstructed knee and an arthritic knee. If Kelly has serious knee issues - particularly if he can't work out in April - I could see him lasting until the third round.

Mitchy moo
03-16-2008, 10:16 AM
hell he's got a knee injury. I'll take him. (ie Lee Evans)

In the 3rd round.

X-Era
03-16-2008, 10:43 AM
So we won't be attending his coronation on Draft Day ? I thought his selection was a given ? [/sarcasm]

Not a given but a distinct possibility.

I will trust our docs more than the Chicago Tribune.

If they say hes fine, thats more than enough for me.

It certainly isnt good to hear though.

PECKERWOOD
03-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Like I said, I've always liked Sweed more than Kelly but this just makes it that much clearer that Sweed is more worthy of going higher.

ddaryl
03-16-2008, 11:50 AM
until I read this info from multiple sites.. then this IMO is BS draft posturing...

Maybe it was the Bills who floated this information for there own gain... More then likely it was an agent for another WR who is looking to move up spots and make a few million more.

never under estimate what anyone is willing to do for a million bucks.

So until it is documented fact that Kelly has an arthritic knee then I'm just going to ignore it..

Bmax
03-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Lee evans did have a couple of knee surgeries ...However he played a full season his senior year and put up good numbers...He also worked out at the combine and ran a 4.39 -40..

Kelly still hasn't worked out and missed some games this season... He is off my list unless his workout shows great results.

If i were drafting i would be looking at three players at 11

1. DRC-CB
2. Mckelvin-CB
3. Thomas-WR

I would also look at these 3 WR'S in round one

1. Thomas
2.Sweed
3.Hardy

Trading down to select Sweed and Hardy......in the teens or high 20's

Bmax

TigerJ
03-16-2008, 07:36 PM
If Kelly's got knee issues, the Bills will know about it.

DraftBoy
03-16-2008, 08:58 PM
I like how everybody jumps on Kelly's back on this rumored knee condition but so many are so quick to ignore Sweed's very real and very apparent wrist injury which was supposed to be healed well over 3 months ago now. Just something to point out and note...

TigerJ
03-16-2008, 09:56 PM
I seem to recall rumors of a degenerative hip condition (or whas it knee) in regard to Josh Reed before he was drafted. That turned out not to be his problem as much as the fact he's just not that good.