PDA

View Full Version : Jets sign Bubba Franks

patmoran2006
03-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Jets | Team agrees to terms with Franks
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:09:15 -0700
Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets (http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl) have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent TE Bubba Franks (http://www.kffl.com/player/776/nfl) (Packers), according to a source. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will be the backup to TE Chris Baker (http://www.kffl.com/player/14793/nfl).

Dont know if anyone here liked him anyway. But regardless, another TE off the market. IT's not obvious (at least hopeful) that the Bills will address TE with the draft.

chernobylwraiths
03-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Do the Jets have any money left for the 6th pick?

Goobylal
03-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Probably just as well. There were no great TE's available this off-season.

Mitchy moo
03-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Do the Jets have any money left for the 6th pick?

They are a team that we might be able to trade up in the draft with.

YardRat
03-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Another one bites the dust. I'd like to know what the contract details are.

chubluv
03-16-2008, 07:33 PM
How much $ did they have ? It seems like they spent an awful lot of cash, or was it mostly back loaded contracts?

patmoran2006
03-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Why would we trade up with ANYBODY.

We need a WR or CB most, and most if not all the top players at those positions will be on the board anyway.

We've done NOTHING offensively in FA, so why would we trade up and LOSE picks when the guys we need are there anyway.

Makes no sense.... If we traded up with the Jets, WHO would be trading up for that's worth giving up probably 3 picks to get there.

Scumbag College
03-16-2008, 09:05 PM
There are some good TEs that can be had in the second or third round. I think that the Bills draft Martellus Bennett in the second round, he starts opening day, and produces more than any TE has in Buffalo since Riemersma. I'm disappointed more that the Bills didn't get a WR in free agency, but this is the guy I really want in Buffalo with the second round pick.

venis2k1
03-16-2008, 10:44 PM
If the bills trade up, its gonna be with balt at 8 to get a sliding DT.(I know, Stroud. But he is 30 and has some questions. If a guy like dorsey falls to balt who has little need at DT, moving our 3rd to get him hurts, but would be nice long term)

jamze132
03-17-2008, 03:39 AM
We are not trading up with them, it's pointless and useless. We can grab our WR at #11.

jamze132
03-17-2008, 03:42 AM
If the bills trade up, its gonna be with balt at 8 to get a sliding DT.(I know, Stroud. But he is 30 and has some questions. If a guy like dorsey falls to balt who has little need at DT, moving our 3rd to get him hurts, but would be nice long term)
I would not trade up with anyone above us. I would entertain the thought of moving down, but not up. It cost too much and it's just not worth it. I say we stay at #11, take the best WR available and be done with it. Unless, Dorsey falls to us, then we take him. We move back into the first round and grab the best WR available.

At the end of the day, we need to really hit on getting a WR and TE. We can't miss anymore.

ddaryl
03-17-2008, 08:12 AM
We are not trading up with them, it's pointless and useless. We can grab our WR at #11.

heck it would be smarter still to trade down so we can pick up 2 WR's a TE and a CB in the 1st 3 rds.

there is 0 reasons to trade up. We have to many holes to fill in, and too many depth needs.

gr8slayer
03-17-2008, 08:34 AM
He's done for.

mybills
03-18-2008, 08:46 AM
The Jets are lucky to have him. He still has some juice left in him, and he's experienced and talented.

Ickybaluky
03-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Franks can still block some, but he is really slow. He was never a fast guy, but in recent years he has lost more speed and just doesn't separate.

He is a big guy who is willing to block, and his height makes him a red zone option still, but he isn't going to threaten anyone in the passing game. He is a guy you can cover with a LB, without giving any extra help. He isn't sudden at all, and isn't running away from anyone.

mybills
03-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Franks can still block some, but he is really slow. He was never a fast guy, but in recent years he has lost more speed and just doesn't separate.

He is a big guy who is willing to block, and his height makes him a red zone option still, but he isn't going to threaten anyone in the passing game. He is a guy you can cover with a LB, without giving any extra help. He isn't sudden at all, and isn't running away from anyone.

That's ok for a back up.
"He will be the backup to TE Chris Baker."