PDA

View Full Version : At this point @ WR, we might as well resign EMo

jpdex12
03-16-2008, 10:12 PM
There wasn't much in the line of starting talent at the WR position in FA this off season so knowing if we didn't strike fast we wouldn't get our #2 WR.

Well, you'd be better off starting Ralph at the #2 WR spot then plucking any of the scrubs left in FA now.

Terrence Copper (6'-0" 207lbs)
DJ Hackett
D Jackson

I think that Hackett is the only legit option left and he hasn't talked a lick about Buffalo nor has Buffalo revealed any interest in him. He'll end up back in Seattle where he wants to be.

I checked all of the depth charts on every team in the NFL except our own division for players that would be likely options to trade for or any FA WRs floating around and there is nothing. The only player that perked my interest that could be lured away realistically was James Jones from the Packers. They have plenty of depth and Jones was undrafted. We would have to lure him away with a draft pick. Maybe a 4th with his potential in such a young career so far. He could be a #2 WR and do well IMO.

With the crao left in FA for WRs I am convinced that we are going to grab a WR and TE early as we all suspect at this point and I am not holding my breath on much improvement in our offense in 2008. I'm always realistic and optimistic but it'll be touhg to show improvement on that side of the ball unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat from the draft and you all know how often that "rookie" rabbit comes along. We really needed to pick up a veteran WR and TE. Might be one more year away from the playoffs unfortunately...

clumping platelets
03-16-2008, 10:17 PM
I still have his jersey :up:

The Spaz
03-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Can you say **** no...:puke: Guy was good until the end with us, but he has nothing left in the tank IMO.

jpdex12
03-16-2008, 10:21 PM
it was a joke...

venis2k1
03-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Ive said it before, and ill say it again. If we resign moulds, it better be a 1 day contract so he can retire. But i get your point, not a whole lot out there. Dont count out a draft day trade with Chad Johnson though(not sayin us, but someone)

The Spaz
03-16-2008, 10:46 PM
it was a joke...

Sorry just read the title to be honest...:beers:

patmoran2006
03-16-2008, 11:01 PM
He couldnt make an impact with TENN< who desperately needed help from the WR position.

He's done.. Sorry

jpdex12
03-16-2008, 11:37 PM
repeat...it was a joke...copy?

Johnny Bugmenot
03-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Ahem... there's still the DRAFT.

jamze132
03-17-2008, 03:32 AM
We don't HAVE to sign anyone. We tried and it didn't work. There aren't enough viable options left for us to go get someone. I'll take Malcom Kelly please...

bigbub2352
03-17-2008, 09:08 AM
I think we need to bring in a few vet bodies at the position, i dont think i am to comfortable with Reed, Parrish, Evans, then Jenkins, Mayle, Huggins, that is not solid depth, i would not mind still bringin in someone with some NFL Exp. to compete in camp

TacklingDummy
03-17-2008, 12:32 PM
He couldnt make an impact with TENN< who desperately needed help from the WR position.

He's done.. Sorry

2 Words: Vince Young

Mr. Miyagi
03-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Darrell Jackson is out there. He'll sign for cheap I bet.

raphael120
03-17-2008, 01:10 PM
:spam:

DrGraves
03-17-2008, 01:21 PM
just sign moulds for fun because hes awesome. but draft sweed still too. moulds can just go out on 3rd and long situations and maybe snag a few over the middle or something

Night Train
03-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I bet 6-5 Chris Burkett would give up his Dairy dept. job for another shot at the big time.

X-Era
03-17-2008, 04:35 PM
There wasn't much in the line of starting talent at the WR position in FA this off season so knowing if we didn't strike fast we wouldn't get our #2 WR.

Well, you'd be better off starting Ralph at the #2 WR spot then plucking any of the scrubs left in FA now.

Terrence Copper (6'-0" 207lbs)
DJ Hackett
D Jackson

I think that Hackett is the only legit option left and he hasn't talked a lick about Buffalo nor has Buffalo revealed any interest in him. He'll end up back in Seattle where he wants to be.

I checked all of the depth charts on every team in the NFL except our own division for players that would be likely options to trade for or any FA WRs floating around and there is nothing. The only player that perked my interest that could be lured away realistically was James Jones from the Packers. They have plenty of depth and Jones was undrafted. We would have to lure him away with a draft pick. Maybe a 4th with his potential in such a young career so far. He could be a #2 WR and do well IMO.

With the crao left in FA for WRs I am convinced that we are going to grab a WR and TE early as we all suspect at this point and I am not holding my breath on much improvement in our offense in 2008. I'm always realistic and optimistic but it'll be touhg to show improvement on that side of the ball unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat from the draft and you all know how often that "rookie" rabbit comes along. We really needed to pick up a veteran WR and TE. Might be one more year away from the playoffs unfortunately...

If Eric comes in at the vet minimum, expecting nothing more than a fair shot at the #2 WR spot, knowing full good and well that we are drafting aguy early to be that #2 either this year or as soon as possible, than hey, why not.

Guess what, I dont see that happening until Eric is still out of work late in July.