PDA

View Full Version : Zone Presidential Debate Rules

shelby
03-17-2008, 04:26 AM
Tomorrow evening i will post the topic of the first Zone debate.

This is how the debate will work:

i will start a thread posting the debate question for each candidate, so there will be 6 debate threads. The question will be the same for all candidates.
Each candidate will respond to the debate question in his own thread. Feel free to confer with your staff before posting your response to the debate question.
The opponents will then have the opportunity to post a rebuttal in all the other candidates' threads. Only one rebuttal post per candidate, per thread, please.
Each candidate will then post responses to each rebuttal made in their own thread. One response per rebuttal, please.
You will have 24 hours to complete the debate.If you have any questions, please post them here. Thank you.
shelby
Supervisor of Zone Elections

mybills
03-17-2008, 07:51 AM
Is it possible to have a general poll after completing this first debate, to see how strong each candidate is?

Dozerdog
03-17-2008, 07:54 AM
You are the press- commission one!

mybills
03-17-2008, 07:55 AM
I kinda wanna add to it if I start the poll. Like, the lowest two are out of the race? :idunno:

BlackMetalNinja
03-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Oh boy, I just can't wait for some Mass Debating!

L.A. Playa
03-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Tomorrow evening i will post the topic of the first Zone debate.

This is how the debate will work:

i will start a thread posting the debate question for each candidate, so there will be 6 debate threads. The question will be the same for all candidates.
Each candidate will respond to the debate question in his own thread. Feel free to confer with your staff before posting your response to the debate question.
The opponents will then have the opportunity to post a rebuttal in all the other candidates' threads. Only one rebuttal post per candidate, per thread, please.
Each candidate will then post responses to each rebuttal made in their own thread. One response per rebuttal, please.
You will have 24 hours to complete the debate.If you have any questions, please post them here. Thank you.
shelby
Supervisor of Zone Elections

Thank you Madame Supervisor, I acknowledge having read these rules and look forward tto teh forum of the open debate.

L.A. Playa

shelby
03-17-2008, 02:34 PM
There will be a primary election after the first debate.

northernbillfan
03-17-2008, 03:41 PM
I kinda wanna add to it if I start the poll. Like, the lowest two are out of the race? :idunno:Your poll will be like the media polls. They are good at grading where people stand, but they can not be used in any official capacity of the election. So your polls can not get people out of the race.

mybills
03-17-2008, 05:04 PM
That's why I asked. :up:

The King
03-17-2008, 05:08 PM
There will be a primary election after the first debate.

eliminating how many?

mybills
03-17-2008, 05:13 PM
It's an odd number now, so that makes things suck. If Lawsome isn't joking about being an independent write in, it would even things up again.

shelby
03-17-2008, 05:25 PM
After the initial primary, there will be three candidates left. They will have more debates before the another primary reduces the race to two final candidates. A final debate will be held before the final vote.

Earthquake Enyart
03-17-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm too busy planning my inauguration to read all these stupid rules.

LtFinFan66
03-17-2008, 09:57 PM
odd number doesn't matter:idunno:

Valerie
03-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Are we allowed to ask questions of the candidates? If so, I have one....

If elected, will you bring the groan button back?

R. Rich
03-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Are we allowed to ask questions of the candidates? If so, I have one....

If elected, will you bring the groan button back?

Only if:

The_Philster returns
pmacla returns
Billsology returns
Miss Buffalo returns
Jaded7 returns

and Thurm leaves

mybills
03-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I won't be home from work until around 8:30. :(

Gunzlingr
03-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Madame Supervisor, it seems that the established debate rules are not being very well followed.

mybills
03-19-2008, 10:07 AM
oh she'll see it. Heads are gonna roll! :chuckle:

shelby
03-19-2008, 03:05 PM
i'm not surprised.

BTW the debate will end at 7 pm LA time in honor of Playa.