PDA

View Full Version : Candidates Elaborate

mybills
03-17-2008, 10:34 AM
PC Times 11:35 am est.

Good morning, readers and voters. Things are moving along quickly in the race to become the Zone's first President. We now have FIVE candidates instead of SIX. I have asked each of them to clarify something that they had previously stated. I hope this gives you a better understanding of what they meant. I will begin with candidate Gunzlingr, as he was the first to reply to the Press.

"No, I don't want to be a Mod. I want to be the voice of the people, the president. As a mod it wasn't possible to be the voice of the people, but as a regular citizen the sky is the limit." - Gunzlingr

PCT: You have stated that you don't want to be a Mod, but that comes with the Presidency. If you refuse this "prize" how can you help someone who's being mistreated by other zoners?
Gunzlingr: Mods are cops. They have a job to do, and the people's wishes have nothing to do with that job. Elected officials represent the people, not cops.

"I will listen to all Zoner concerns and address each and present to the Admin staff, having 2 Admins on my staff makes the consulting process in decision making to make realistic change possible." - L.A. Playa

PCT: How would this be any different than the way things are done now?
L.A. Playa: As anyone who has been in leadership in the past knows, it is not always the quali idea that leads to change but rather than the way the idea is presented that makes change happen.

I have been in a leadership position in my life for years, the way I get new policies to help my company move forward with positive change is knowing how to present the policies so my CEO and VP wil lse the benfit of the change and approve it.

Having 2 Admin and a Mod on my staff lend me a unique perspective of how the staff in general feels about my proposed ideas and how to present them for them to approve changes.

This is an advantage I have over all other candidates to not only promise change but to actually have those changes occur.

"I have been campaigning for a while now not for President but to simply be a Moderator. I have got the chance to speak to a lot of you over the past year, through IM, PM and obviously on here. The appeal to me was never the power, it was to be able to express the concerns of the zoners in the moderator forums. My Moderator campaign never really worked out but instead of quitting I conformed and started PM the moderators our concerns. This wasn't ideal but it prevented controversy in the public forums and provided the answers that were needed. - MBBedard

PCT: In the bold part of this statement..did the higher ups ever tell you to stop bothering them with pm's, and if not, why wasn't it "ideal"?[/b]
MBBedard It wasn't ideal because some Mods work more than others. Over time you start to figure out who to go to but this isnt their job and you can't expect people to be at your becking call.[/b]

"While I may support one of your opponents I believe that it is important to have a strong selection of candidates from across the zoner spectrum, so I wish you all the best in the election. - Dujek"

PCT: Before you announced your candidacy, you stated the above. Who were you referring to, and why did you support them?
Dujek I was referring to all candidates in general. Everyone has some points I agree with and at the time I wasn't really thinking about standing. However I felt that the zone needed an independent, international candidate, and so I threw my own hat into the ring.

"It's time to bury the hatchet and have Phil come home. I think we are the only team that can make this happen. Thurm has always been very friendly with Phil, and I will do everything in my power to return The_Philster to his place of prominence here. Phil was what was right about the Old Zone that I am seeking a return to." - Earthquake Enyart

PCT: Can you elaborate on the last 7 words of this statement? It seems as though you will leave again if you lose the election.
Earthquake Enyart: If this goes the way of the Zone Apprentice (where the Zone jumped the shark, IMHO), I may vanish again. If I win I will obviously be a force for positive change.

After reading their answers, I can think of many comments, but since I cannot vote in this election, I will leave the comments to you, the voter.

~The PC Times

Valerie
03-17-2008, 10:44 AM
I love how Earthquake will stick around if he wins but will leave again if he loses. :rolleyes: That statement makes me want to vote for everyone but Earthquake! :D

mybills
03-17-2008, 12:09 PM
In all fairness, Valerie..he said, "If" and "May".

casdhf
03-17-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm voting EE.

clumping platelets
03-17-2008, 12:18 PM
EE has lost my vote

mybills
03-18-2008, 06:36 AM
EE has lost my vote
Does that mean he had it?