PDA

View Full Version : A couple veteran WRs to consider

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-17-2008, 11:40 AM
***actually just one now, DJ Hackett off the market!
Tim Carter of the Browns.
I follow the Browns, watch them when I can...my buddy is a huge Browns fan with Sunday Ticket....
This guy has skills. Not a real big guy, but he has great hands and he'll jump up and battle for the ball.
The Browns are effectively replacing him with Donte Stallworth, but I think this guy is legit.

I am not in favor of an old WR like Moulds/Brown/Dwight/McCardell.
That's just not what this franchise needs right now.
But this guy is young enough and talented enough that he might actually help us.

Tatonka
03-17-2008, 12:01 PM
jackson is the only option if we go FA.. but we wont.. we will settle for another year of rookies determining the production of our offense and it will be in the bottom half for sure again.

i hope they just spend the first pick on a CB now because we are going to need an incredible defense to stay in games..

dink and dunk from edwards again.. king field goal.. marshawn will face 8 men in the box all year again and get hurt again due to his physical running style.. our TE's suck and no rookie is going to make an impact immediately, considering the best TEs in the league currently were never threats as rookies.. and wr is no different.

i really had high hopes for the team after the first week of free agency, but we have completely dropped the ball.. so much for dick saying we were going to get a "big" wr via free agency..

sucks.. another rebuilding year with rookies starting at key positions again.

justasportsfan
03-17-2008, 12:04 PM
***actually just one now, DJ Hackett off the market!
Tim Carter of the Browns.
I follow the Browns, watch them when I can...my buddy is a huge Browns fan with Sunday Ticket....
This guy has skills. Not a real big guy, but he has great hands and he'll jump up and battle for the ball.
The Browns are effectively replacing him with Donte Stallworth, but I think this guy is legit.

I am not in favor of an old WR like Moulds/Brown/Dwight/McCardell.
That's just not what this franchise needs right now.
But this guy is young enough and talented enough that he might actually help us.
well we do have our resident browns fan here. Wonder what FTY's opinion of Carter is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=3574

YardRat
03-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Any description that includes "not a real big guy" in it....I don't want any part of it.

mysticsoto
03-17-2008, 12:07 PM
jackson is the only option if we go FA.. but we wont.. we will settle for another year of rookies determining the production of our offense and it will be in the bottom half for sure again.

i hope they just spend the first pick on a CB now because we are going to need an incredible defense to stay in games..

dink and dunk from edwards again.. king field goal.. marshawn will face 8 men in the box all year again and get hurt again due to his physical running style.. our TE's suck and no rookie is going to make an impact immediately, considering the best TEs in the league currently were never threats as rookies.. and wr is no different.

i really had high hopes for the team after the first week of free agency, but we have completely dropped the ball.. so much for dick saying we were going to get a "big" wr via free agency..

sucks.. another rebuilding year with rookies starting at key positions again.

And what was the alternative? To overpay Johnson so he could come here and possibly be a flop? He's never produced much and there's no way of knowing if he will produce any more than a rookie coming in would. Who else? Hackett? Word is, they don't like his work ethic and they also feel he is a slot receiver and nothing else. Considering we have both Reed and Parrish there, I think that position is covered. When it all comes down to it, there wasn't as much available as it seemed.

If you think about it, we are likely going to get one of Sweed, Kelly or Thomas. And either of those 3 will produce more than Reed/Parrish did at #2 last year. So although I don't see a huge gain, I don't see us moving backward either. And if they get Thomas (which is where I feel they are leaning toward) and teams start playing 8 up in the box, he and Evans (who are just about the same speed) will burn them up and make them pay!

Tatonka
03-17-2008, 12:08 PM
it really doesnt matter.. the bills wont do anything to get him.

they are going to put all their eggs in the draft basket and hope that whoever we pick is going to be great as a rookie.. even though everyone knows that unless you got randy moss or get lucky as balls with a guy like colston, your not going to get much out of a rookie wr.

look at the last 10 years of wrs drafted.. like 10 guys actually made a difference immediately.. the other 1000 guys were nothing to worry about.

TigerJ
03-17-2008, 12:10 PM
He's 6' even according to NFL.com, and in his best season had 26 catches. Translation-he sounds like more of what we have already.

Tatonka
03-17-2008, 12:12 PM
im just pissed.. hackett was the one guy i really wanted in FA.. and then to see another team sign him for less than 99% of the guys on our roster.. it just kills me.. for 4 million bucks, he would have come here considering the chance to be a starter.. just disappointing..

they better draft 3 wrs this draft and hope that one of them, by some miracle of god, actually does something worth mentioning.. lets not act like it is common for a rookie wr to come in and come close to 1000 yards.

Ickybaluky
03-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Tim Carter drops the ball too much. Crappy hands.

Darrell Jackson is a good player if the medicals check out. He is probably the best out there.

Beyond that, you are talking Reche Caldwell/Peerless Price territory. Not a whole lot there.

Bmax
03-17-2008, 06:18 PM
June 1st after the draft may bring some more names ... NFL teams will be drafting guys then after mini camps they may release some more Vets to save money before June 1st .. Could be our chance to Find a Fill in... one year vet to bring some exp to the roster..

Bmax

pintonick96
03-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Alright serious, great job by the Bills FO.

Bryant Johnson is a bust. Im a HUGE Penn St fan and he wasnt even that good there. Granted he had the ****tiest QB ever named Zach Mills but still he was outplayed by Tony Johnson who would've been great if cocaine didn't smell amazing to pro athletes.

DJ Hackett is more of what we have already in Buffalo, a slot guy. We have 2 of those. Hackett would suck balls here so shut the **** up and let him go.

Lastly, Kelly/Sweed will put up big numbers for us. Big fast receivers ready to go buck wild on a depleted NE defense, as well as a ****ty Miami D.

**** anyone who doesn't think we're winning the Super Bowl this year.

venis2k1
03-18-2008, 02:14 AM
Chad Johnson for 2009 2nd and 5th round picks.

Mr. Pink
03-18-2008, 09:25 AM
:rofl:

Tim Carter is absolute garbage.

Can't run routes well, can't catch a cold and in Cleveland's high powered passing offense made zero impact. I can't even count on one hand the amount of plays he made during the year.

DraftBoy
03-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Id look at Samie Parker from KC