PDA

View Full Version : Another day, more draft drama

X-Era
03-17-2008, 04:26 PM
I will admit to being a bit antagonistic here.

The truth is that several of us are forming our opinions on who we want the Bills to draft. Im not set on any specific player yet, but a few people are.

Anyways according to East Coast Sports (:rolleyes:), heres a snapshot of what they are saying that goes more towards my way of thinking:

1) DRC is not getting alot of interest by the Bills

Its says the Jets, Giants, and Ravens are the most interested
2) Devin Thomas may be the 1st WR taken
3) Sweed is being looked at as an injury concern
4) Malcolm Kelly is coming to Buffalo on Tuesday as previously posted

To back track for a second,

I have no problem with DRC, although Im not convinced CB is our #1 need. Hence, picking him would be a BPA not most pressing need.

I admit that Im a bit worried about Sweeds injury situation. Kelly just happens to be hurt and hasnt shown the penchant that Sweed does for getting injured. Now, I think Sweed may have everything we need at WR and if the Bills agree, Im fine with that pick.

Im glad to here Kelly is coming here, its a sign that we are thinking about him. He has a workout on April 9th, I think will regain his status as the #1 WR after that workout. He still remains my favorite to be our #2 WR... But Devin Thomas at 11 wont bother me at all.

The Spaz
03-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Kelly and Thomas!!! I can dream...lol

jamze132
03-18-2008, 03:54 AM
I want Malcom kelly.

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-18-2008, 09:07 AM
I dont know much about Devin Thomas, what can you tell me?

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2008, 09:15 AM
I dont know much about Devin Thomas, what can you tell me?

Hes only a junior. He blew up for 79 catches this year which is pretty damn good for college. Not one of the bigger receivers available though. I think hes only like 6'1".

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Heres a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHbkz0IMIeA

mybills
03-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Not one of the bigger receivers available though. I think hes only like 6'1".
What's wrong with that? :up:

Michael82
03-18-2008, 09:40 AM
You do realize that many times the Bills draft a player that they never have for a visit. I'm pretty sure they never had Paul Posluszny, Trent Edwards, or even Donte Whitner here ahead of time....

DraftBoy
03-18-2008, 09:49 AM
You do realize that many times the Bills draft a player that they never have for a visit. I'm pretty sure they never had Paul Posluszny, Trent Edwards, or even Donte Whitner here ahead of time....
Poz and Whitner both came in pre-draft

Michael82
03-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Poz and Whitner both came in pre-draft
Hmm, you sure? Did Lynch? What about McCargo? This Chris Brown comment makes me wonder though....

As I've said before he's my favorite of the WR group this year, but a word of caution. Not every player that comes on a pre-draft visit is a lock to be a pick. Sometimes the team just hasn't had an opportunity to sit down enough with the player to have enough of a character book on them. We'll see. ---

Ed
03-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Hmm, you sure? Did Lynch? What about McCargo? This Chris Brown comment makes me wonder though....
Which WR is Chris Brown talking about? Kelly or Thomas?

DraftBoy
03-18-2008, 10:03 AM

Yea thats the stupidest thing he may have said. No teams picks a player without having a character book on them.

Michael82
03-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Which WR is Chris Brown talking about? Kelly or Thomas?
Thomas. He is in love with Devin Thomas for some reason.