PDA

View Full Version : This could be an interesting scenario

Buffalogic
03-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Ponder this.

Let's say that the bills choose to select their big receiver at number 11 whether it be Sweed or Kelly.

What happens if less receivers go in the first round than anticipated? Pick 41 rolls around and there is a player like Thomas or Hardy available. Although unlikely, I believe this could be a possible scenario.

Could you see this happening and if it does do the bills select WR back to back with their first two picks?

Jaybird
03-17-2008, 07:31 PM
only the detroit lions would do that

Mitchy moo
03-17-2008, 07:41 PM
only the detroit lions would do that

Call me cat crazy, I hope so.......

ParanoidAndroid
03-17-2008, 07:45 PM
That would be kind of ironic given who we almost signed. The Arizona Cardinals did that. Johnson in the 1st, Boldin in the 2nd.
If you like both, take 'em.

Scumbag College
03-17-2008, 08:00 PM
It'd be pretty fun to watch Kelly/Sweed, Hardy on the outside, Evans and Parrish going in the slots and running a 4 WR set in that scenario. Having Lynch coming out of the backfield too would be pretty awesome.

Don't see it happening, but still fun to think about.

Mitchy moo
03-17-2008, 08:03 PM
It'd be pretty fun to watch Kelly/Sweed, Hardy on the outside, Evans and Parrish going in the slots and running a 4 WR set in that scenario. Having Lynch coming out of the backfield too would be pretty awesome.

:dance:

HAMMER
03-17-2008, 08:18 PM
That would be all right with me, how about TE in the 3rd for the hell of it? We did a good job in FA on defense, time to stock the cupboard and light the board.

OpIv37
03-17-2008, 08:22 PM
We have no depth at receiver. If there are two good receivers available with our first two picks and not much at the other positions of need (CB, TE), go for it. With Lynch, the way our OL pass blocked last year, and a full crop of receivers, Edwards will have everything he needs to succeed.

RockStar36
03-17-2008, 08:24 PM

It would take a pretty good QB to take advantage of such weapons

Mitchy moo
03-17-2008, 08:32 PM
We have no depth at receiver. If there are two good receivers available with our first two picks and not much at the other positions of need (CB, TE), go for it. With Lynch, the way our OL pass blocked last year, and a full crop of receivers, Edwards will have everything he needs to succeed.

To see a post like this from OP means he is tipping a tub and speaking some blarney at the ole' pub.

Hamilton Billsfan
03-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Ponder this.

Let's say that the bills choose to select their big receiver at number 11 whether it be Sweed or Kelly.

What happens if less receivers go in the first round than anticipated? Pick 41 rolls around and there is a player like Thomas or Hardy available. Although unlikely, I believe this could be a possible scenario.

Could you see this happening and if it does do the bills select WR back to back with their first two picks?

YES!..............................if he's BPA

Tatonka
03-17-2008, 08:50 PM
that is really the only way i am going to be happy with the 100% lack of improvement via FA regarding the offense.. 2 wrs and a TE on day one.

YardRat
03-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't think we're going WR in the first anyway, especially considering the depth of this year's crop. I could see the scenario more likely playing out in the second and third, but not the first and second. Actually, if we do go WR at #11 and someone happens to fall to our pick in the second, instead of grabbing another wideout it's a bigger possibility we trade out of the pick with someone who covets the receiver and wants to move up.

DrGraves
03-17-2008, 10:00 PM
best player available. always.

Mitchy moo
03-17-2008, 10:03 PM
best player available. always.

QB?? RB?? http://media.buffalonews.com/smedia/2008/03/17/15/320-paterson_sworn_in_LOCAL_PATERSON_SWORN_IN.embedded.prod_affiliate.50.jpg

Oaf
03-17-2008, 11:14 PM
The Bills specifically would DEFINITELY do that. I could see them lean for need round 1 and go BPA in the 2nd. Or maybe, depending on their board, at 11, Sweed WILL be the BPA.

Oaf
03-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Sweed and Thomas?! :drool:

Buffalogic
03-18-2008, 12:09 AM
I don't believe all of these projected first round receivers will actually go in the first round, there are too many. I mean Devin Thomas has had his stock rise incredibly as of late with the media, but that doesn't always correlate on draft day. Teams could be afraid that he is a one year wonder.

Any seed of doubt and a player slides, sometimes exponentially. Should be interesting to see how Kelly works out in April, it will give us a better idea on who goes where.

Back to back WR sounds unlikely, but it's something I would be happy with unless one of the receivers we pick is Desean Jackson or Mario Manningham. Count me out on those guys.

jamze132
03-18-2008, 03:37 AM
I wouldn't care if we pick the best WR at #11, then jumped back into the first round and grabbed the best reciever still available.

kernowboy
03-18-2008, 04:17 AM
Hardy smacks women around

I'd want him in a Bills shirt about as much as I want to catch bubonic plague

Mitchy moo
03-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Hardy smacks women around

I'd want him in a Bills shirt about as much as I want to catch bubonic plague

Rats.

X-Era
03-18-2008, 06:26 AM
Ponder this.

You wont get many saying its a smart move due to other needs being skipped in that case.

However, if Thomas is at 41, hes BPA IMO.