1. Mike Jenkins
2. Martellus Bennett
3. Jordy Nelson
4. Paul Hubbard
5. Brian Johnston
6. Peyton Hillis
7a. Fernando Velasco
7b. Jamie Silva

One new name is Brian Johnston. He's a small college prospect, but he's got good size at 6'5" and 276 lbs and had a great workout on March 11, running the 40 in 4.66 seconds. Had he been at the combine, his 40 time would have been 4th best, and the best time for any DE over 260 lbs. He also had an eyepopping 10 yard time, a 35 inch vertical jump, and a 4.18 second 20 yard shuttle to tie the best number for a RUNNING BACK at the combine for that particular drill. As you would hope for a small school guy, he dominated his level of competition.

I'm not as impressed with Jamie Silva. He sounds like another Jim Leonhard. productive with good instincts, but terrible measurables. Guys like him have a role in the NFL, but usually to fill holes in your depth when you can't get anyone better.

Oaf
03-17-2008, 11:25 PM
I like that draft. Nelson and Hubbard? That could be better than one Sweed or Kelly.

DraftBoy
03-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Bennett is going too early and while I like Nelson Im not sure about him. He put up big numbers at Kansas State but as there only weapon. Im just not completely sold on the guy.

PECKERWOOD
03-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Not a bad draft but I would rather take Early Doucet in the 2nd and grab a TE like Rucker or Davis in the 3rd/4th. Also, we need LB depth and a guy like Ali Highsmith might drop to the 4th maybe even 5th round because of his crappy combine! We got to look at him in the 4th if he is still there.

Confused
03-19-2008, 06:45 AM
WAiting till the 3rd round for a WR is a sure-fire way to guarentee anothe 7-9 year. Jordy, wasnt he that dude with the aircleaner over his eyes on star trek the next gen?