Trade down scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Trade down scenario

Philly trades up, above Denver, Carolina, and Chicago who could all be looking at OT, to get Ryan Clady. We get #19 and their 2nd (#49) in exchange for #11 and our 5th rounder. They have had too much trouble protecting the QB. Even without the trade, Buffalo may end up taking Sweed at #11. In that case, Caldwell is not in play but Hubbard may be later.

1. Limas Sweed (WR) Has all the tools and a good set of intangibles. He will help immediately opposite Evans. Alt: Kelly, Merling, Rogers-Cromartie
    2a. Reggie Smith (DB) Versatile. Played both CB and Safety. Should become Buffalo's nickel CB by the end of camp and could push for a starting spot. Can also start in a pinch at safety. Alt: Doucet, Tracy Porter
    2b. Andre Caldwell (WR) Steady producer, polished, excellent blocker, fast. Very NFL ready and will help at #2. Alt: Doucet, Pat Sims
    3. Jermichael Finley (TE) Well rounded, no-nonsense football player.
    Alt: Rucker, Jordy Nelson
    4.Mike McGlynn (G) Provides depth with a dash of upside. He's versatile, can backup G and RT, perhaps LT in a pinch. Alt: Hubbard
    6. Ryan O'Hara (QB) A potential sleeper at QB. He can hold the clipboard as well as anyone. Oh....6'5" 235 and a good arm means he can probably become someone's pet project.
    7a. Jehuu Caulcrick (FB) I can't seem to resist this guy's story, not to mention his athleticism for a 6 foot 254lb cannonball. Forget Owen Schmitt. For the 2007 season, Jehuu was a team captain, gained 872 yards and set Michigan state's season TD record with 21 TD's as a #2 back.
    7b. Marcus Richardson (OLB) Has a chance to work his way to a backup spot, but it's a longshot.

This draft gives the offense some serious weapons. A young offense with Edwards, Lynch, Sweed, Caldwell, and Finley developing together with Evans as a leader, looks good to me.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Trade down scenario

I dont see Clady still being there at 11. Kansas City badly needs an OT and if Jake Long goes before Atlanta and they want to get an OT (which I think they want) they move back 2-3 spots to take Clady.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

That means they might have to move for Otah....humor me. What about this draft outcome?

Comment

• Confused
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jun 2007

Swap Sweed for HArdy, Reggie smith for Martellus Bennett, Finley for Tracy Porter and Im happeir than a pig in poop

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍