PDA

View Full Version : Will we continue the trade up streak?

X-Era
03-18-2008, 06:48 AM
For those of you DRC fans, you just may get your wish.

I could easily see us drafting DRC at 11, then immediately working the phones to trade our 2nd and 3rd to get back into the 1st for Devin Thomas.

Then in the 4th we draft Kellen Davis.

Some are saying Devin Thomas is worthy of the 11 pick. I can easily see the Bills making that move that many may call a reach. But, after drafting guys like Whitner and McCargo earlier than some projected, It must be considered a possibility. Another guy has risen more and could upgrade our secondary, DRC.

We like Devin Thomas, we also like Kellen Davis. Davis looks to be a solid 4th round type TE.

So here we are with DRC being a mid 1st rounder, Devin Thomas being a mid to late 1st rounder, and Kellen Davis being a 4th rounder.

Hence, draft DRC at 11, move back up to 17-25 range and draft Devin Thomas by giving up our 2nd and 3rd, then draft Kellen Davis in the 4th.

Sounds crazy except we have done just that the last two years in a row.

Kenny
03-18-2008, 07:20 AM
But, after drafting guys like Whitner and McCargo earlier than some projected, It must be considered a possibility.

I never liked the Whitner pick, and though he's a decent player, I still dont think he was worth the #8 pick. And Im undecided on McCargo.

IMO, Whitner has been a bit of a dissapointment given that he was the #8 pick, and I hope the Bills dont make the same mistake this year.

Mahdi
03-18-2008, 08:10 AM
I never liked the Whitner pick, and though he's a decent player, I still dont think he was worth the #8 pick. And Im undecided on McCargo.

IMO, Whitner has been a bit of a dissapointment given that he was the #8 pick, and I hope the Bills dont make the same mistake this year.
When you play SS behind a weak DL chances are you wont look too good. I hope he gets the opportunity to play some FS this year behind our improved DL because he would make a lot of plays ala Reed and Dawkins.

Kenny
03-18-2008, 11:06 AM
When you play SS behind a weak DL chances are you wont look too good. I hope he gets the opportunity to play some FS this year behind our improved DL because he would make a lot of plays ala Reed and Dawkins.

Not talking about his lack of ball hawking skills (not saying he cant, but he hasnt shown anything)... Im talkinga bout his missed tackles last season (in particular the Giants game, and that Ravens game).

bigbub2352
03-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Whitner has been the victim of lack of supporting cast, see how good ur stats are aplying next to a midget white boy, and a Wr converted to FS, Wilson did ok, but was burned regularly deep cause he is slow, same reason he sucked at WR, also the fact that our dline was a joke and he had to committ to the run first all the time which kept him backpedalling in the pass, he is solid and is only gonna be 23, not even in his prime, McCargo is the same boat, playing next to a midget white boy and a bum, he got the double tema all the time, and when given a chance showed he can make plays and agian is only 23-24

Mahdi
03-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Not talking about his lack of ball hawking skills (not saying he cant, but he hasnt shown anything)... Im talkinga bout his missed tackles last season (in particular the Giants game, and that Ravens game).
Every safety misses tackles now and then... you cant make them all... Overall Whitner is a solid tackler and he did make many plays behind the LOS.

justasportsfan
03-18-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm all for doing it all over again. We have to keep up with the pats. We need quality staters now.

Al the Bills Fan
03-18-2008, 02:45 PM

EXACTLY! No SS in this league could come up with big numbers behind the DL that we have put on the field in recent years. I think Whitner is a great player and having a better D this year will certainly help him! If you noticed, we sucked so bad against the run that Whitner spent a good amount of his time this past year up in the block supporting the run defense. It's hard to make plays on the ball when you are forced to play like a fourth LB.