• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Possible Help For our TE ranks??

5. Kris Wilson, TE, Kansas City Chiefs
    The Chiefs loved the versatility of Wilson, a former second-round choice. Drafted as a tight end, he's helped out as an H-back, a fullback and a blocking tight end. What's valuable for interested teams is his ability to catch passes. He caught 15 passes in 10 starts in 2006 and had 24 catches last season. A team needing a tight end can use him exclusively as a pass-catcher, but he's also valuable as a blocker. Plus, at 26, he's just entering his prime.

Despite a flurry of signings, the free-agent market isn't completely tapped. John Clayton looks at the five best players still available.

I just think the Anderson and Johnson are nothing more than camp fodder, and if we really want someone capable of contributing at least to the extent of Gaines, u only got Schouman with potential and i think they will keep him as the backup FB, cause Barnes is a bum too, hence we need to draft a FB as well
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Re: Possible Help For our TE ranks??

Wilson isn't a pure TE, more of an H-Back. He is a versatile guy who can line up in the backfield or in the slot, but can't block like a TE. He tries to block but gets run over, and isn't a guy you are going to match up on a DE. Last year KC used him mostly as a FB. His best quality is that he is a good athlete with soft hands, although he hasn't really developed in the passing game like KC hoped. They aren't bringing him back.

Coming out of college I thought he could be a Chris Cooley-type of threat in the passing game, but he just didn't develop like that as a receiver and proved to be a sub-average blocker. Seattle and Green Bay have shown interest in him, and he still has potential in an H-Back type role. He may be a tweener-type who isn't a TE or FB, despite having some skills.

He would come cheap and is worth a look just because of his potential as a receiver. Like I said, the ideal would be a Chris Cooley kind of player, but it just never materialized. Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs.

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by NE39
      Wilson isn't a pure TE, more of an H-Back. He is a versatile guy who can line up in the backfield or in the slot, but can't block like a TE. He tries to block but gets run over, and isn't a guy you are going to match up on a DE. Last year KC used him mostly as a FB. His best quality is that he is a good athlete with soft hands, although he hasn't really developed in the passing game like KC hoped. They aren't bringing him back.

Coming out of college I thought he could be a Chris Cooley-type of threat in the passing game, but he just didn't develop like that as a receiver and proved to be a sub-average blocker. Seattle and Green Bay have shown interest in him, and he still has potential in an H-Back type role. He may be a tweener-type who isn't a TE or FB, despite having some skills.

He would come cheap and is worth a look just because of his potential as a receiver. Like I said, the ideal would be a Chris Cooley kind of player, but it just never materialized. Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs.
      Also got to take into consideration his Qbs havent been that hot since he got in KC, i am not looking for a blocker at TE, we need some one to get open in the middle of the feild consitently, Royal is suppossed to be the blocker, schouman can also block,
      i gotta say i like his potential over 2 guys who werent in the league last year
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

I'd certainly take a very long look at Kris Wilson

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Like I said, I liked him a lot coming out of Pitt. I thought he would be a terrific H-Back type like Chris Cooley or Owen Daniels. For whatever reason, it hasn't happened for him.

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. I do think he is a much better receiver than his numbers would indicate.

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

Like i said, could be do to horrible Qb play for the last 4 yrs there, and at his age i would be willing to roll the dice on him over Anderson and Johnson
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

The only problem is he may not be a TE. KC had pretty much moved him to FB.

His most recent visit was with Tampa Bay, Last week:

LINK

Prior to that, Green Bay and Seattle were two teams reportedly showing interest in him.

Those are all WCO teams, which means they may be looking at him as a FB/HB type player.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Well i wouldntmind him at FB either considering we signed that bum from the Jets Barnes, and Schouman is in the same type of mold h-back/fb, anything is really better that what we have

I am looking to upgrade positions, not keep bringing in other teams castoffs
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

NFL.com lists him as a FB. he's pretty quick on his feet and has excellent hands, but if he struggles as a blocker, that's an issue that any team signing him has to take into consideration.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Wilson is visiting the Eagles today:

LINK

They are apparently looking at him as a FB/TE hybrid player. He is from Pennsylvania.

Interesting, another WCO team showing interest. That makes one think he might best fit in that system.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

I still think this guy could help us
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

According to Adam Schefter, he has agreed to terms with the Eagles.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

well **** on my parade
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                          X