PDA

View Full Version : Some more FAs that could help the Bills...

Mahdi
03-18-2008, 10:34 AM
There is a lot of good safety help to be had right now especially in the restricted FA market........

UFA: Mike Doss: He is still only 26, has a lot of experience in our defense and can play SS which would allow Whitner to move to FS.

RFA: James Butler SS, NY Giants: He was a very solid player for NY and his size is impressive at 6'3 215... He was undrafted also which means no compensation

RFA: Brandon McGowan SS, Chicago: Came in and replaced Archuleta and was a huge improvment. He has great speed and can make plays in the secondary as well. In 9 starts he had 68 tackles and 2 ints. Also undrafted.

RFA: C.C. Brown SS, Houston: Very good young player. Has a lot of speed and nice size as well @ 6' 204. He beat out Michael Boulware for the starting spot. 6th round compensation.

RFA: Gerald Sensabaugh SS, Jacksonville: Did a great job replacing Donovan Darius last year but got injured for the year. Very good all-around safety. 5th round compensation.

UFA: Donnie Nickey S, Tennessee: Dont know much about him but he has great size at 6'3 210 and he's from Ohio State which means he should be on our roster.

Any of these guys can come in right away (not sure bout Nickey) and allow Whitner to move to FS. Would make our Defense better IMO.

kernowboy
03-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Why do we want to move Whitner to FS when we have more than capable FS in Ko Simpson and a potential decent player in John Wendling?

This team has far greater needs.

bigbub2352
03-18-2008, 11:10 AM
I really like Doss, i think we could play either Spot at Saftey and would be nice to have in a nickel and dime package as well, he has some exp i think playing cb as well, and comes form a solid school, and was regardly highly coming out of college, at 26 he would be an excedllent signing and give Ko some competition

Oaf
03-18-2008, 12:51 PM
What happened to Doss? Thought he was gonna be a star.

TigerJ
03-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Why do we want to move Whitner to FS when we have more than capable FS in Ko Simpson and a potential decent player in John Wendling?

This team has far greater needs.It appears the Bills are giving that serious consideration. It seems they believe Whitner has great ability to be a playmaker and cause turnovers, but the system does not afford him as many opportunities to do that as a SS than it does as a FS.

justasportsfan
03-18-2008, 01:20 PM
no thanks, we're drafting for a safety with our first pick.

MTBillsFan
03-18-2008, 02:53 PM
I think he ended up suckin in Minnesota...

Mr. Miyagi
03-18-2008, 02:56 PM
I think he ended up suckin in Minnesota...
I think he was coming back from a major injury last year. ACL maybe? Before that he was pretty good with the Colts.

Al the Bills Fan
03-18-2008, 03:01 PM
I like Doss as well! I may be shot for saying this but I like Whitner and KO.

tampabay25690
03-18-2008, 04:21 PM

INJURED