PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone like me.

Mitchell55
03-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Durring college football, I want everyone to shut up about it. I pay no attention to college football and then right when NFL offseason begins. Im online looking at who we should pick up and eventually know 75 percent of the players in the draft.

DraftBoy
03-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Durring college football, I want everyone to shut up about it. I pay no attention to college football and then right when NFL offseason begins. Im online looking at who we should pick up and eventually know 75 percent of the players in the draft.

Negative

RockStar36
03-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Ummm....no.

Mitchy moo
03-18-2008, 11:51 AM
One eye on college at all times.

Mr. Pink
03-18-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm really beginning to like college ball more than pro.

I'm a junkie and will watch any two teams play. It could be UNLV vs SDSU and I'll stay tuned in.

Mitchell55
03-18-2008, 11:57 AM
One eye on college at all times.

Surprising. I dont like football unless it comes down to either greatest teams, Playoffs, last second, or bills. I would rather watch a preseason NFL game than college games. Its probably because I live in austin so I am getting sick of seeing Longhorn and vince young crap every where.

ddaryl
03-18-2008, 11:59 AM
If the Bills aren't playing then I'm not watching.

I wouldn't even follow the NFL if the Bills didn't exist...

So I only keep an eye on college prospects during the offseason up to the draft...

DraftBoy
03-18-2008, 12:01 PM
I watch any and all football I can find, pro, DI, DI-AA, DII, DIII...its all fun to me! I watch way more college then I do pro.

RockStar36
03-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Every year I watch more and more college football. And IF the Bills ever decide to move, the NFL will be dead to me and NCAA will be top dog.

Mitchy moo
03-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Surprising. I dont like football unless it comes down to either greatest teams, Playoffs, last second, or bills. I would rather watch a preseason NFL game than college games. Its probably because I live in austin so I am getting sick of seeing Longhorn and vince young crap every where.

I live in FL and get bombarded with college info.

TacklingDummy
03-18-2008, 12:09 PM

Living in the North East doesn't give us much to root for.

Syracuse blows.

Mitchell55
03-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I live in FL and get bombarded with college info.

So me and you live in 2 of the biggest college football states. Which team do you live more near. Florida, Miami, or Florida State.

Mitchy moo
03-18-2008, 12:14 PM
So me and you live in 2 of the biggest college football states. Which team do you live more near. Florida, Miami, or Florida State.

Miami, :gag:

Mitchell55
03-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Miami, :gag:

We wont get mad. You probably dont here much about miami Dolphins any way.

PECKERWOOD
03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Me? Honestly, I watch college football when I can. I may not be the most informed poster on the board but when I see a player I like, I do try to remember their name(s) for the draft. Obviously I'm not a pro-scout so some of the players names that I see are new to me.. When it comes to Notre Dame, PSU, USC, LSU, Mizzou, West Virginia, VTech, GTech and popular schools like that I usually have a handful of players from each team I like. I remember last year I was really high on Posluszny coming out and even before that I thought Dan Connor was a stud and probably a better overall talent than Posz is, which is remarkable. So yeah, I do keep an eye on the top prospects when I can.

venis2k1
03-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Living in the North East doesn't give us much to root for.

Syracuse blows.

BC had a real good year.

Jaybird
03-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Sometimes the college game is better then the nfl...... i am from canada but i have been watching college my entire life....... GREAT GAme

venis2k1
03-18-2008, 02:27 PM
watch a bunch of kids play their hearts out or watch a bunch of millionairs collect a paycheck.

Mr. Miyagi
03-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Yup that's me. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
03-18-2008, 02:29 PM
watch a bunch of kids play their hearts out or watch a bunch of millionairs collect a paycheck.
Oh you think they're just a bunch of kids playing for the love of the game like pop warner.

College players play to get drafted, to become millionaires. Even high school these days. It's a business.

Al the Bills Fan
03-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I have to say that the last three or four years I am watching more and more College ball. It's kinda fun watching players move from College to the Pro's and seeing how they handle football at the next level.

I will say that some of the most entertaining football games I have seen in recent years have been College games.

Confused
03-18-2008, 03:35 PM

I' m just sick of vince young. He's a tight end that can throw side arm and the whole flippin league loves him.

Mitchell55
03-18-2008, 07:33 PM
I' m just sick of vince young. He's a tight end that can throw side arm and the whole flippin league loves him.

Yeah. I was in the mall and saw a store filled with longhorns jerseys. It was a Longhorn team store and it had Vince Young Titans jersey. There was only Vince Young. No Cedric Benson or any other former Longhorns.

venis2k1
03-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh you think they're just a bunch of kids playing for the love of the game like pop warner.

College players play to get drafted, to become millionaires. Even high school these days. It's a business.

The NCAA awarded 20,485 scholarships to college football players last year only counting 1-A and 1-AA teams. there is roughly 230 picks in the NFL draft.

I played Division II ball for AIC and i can tell you that not a kid on that team was playing to be drafted.