• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

I like the idea of...

Building from within. I think bringing in just a few key pieces through FA is a great idea. We got our big run stuffing/pass rushing DT and we got a solid LB to play strong side LB on defense. Now I just think we need to add some more guys through the draft and hopefully have our 2nd-3rd year players step up for us this year. It's amazing how people want FA options a, b, c and all of the above, to me that logic doesn't make sense. We still have one of the youngest teams in the NFL and we have alot of young guys with experience under their belt. Sometimes the best move you can make, is no move at all. I would be very pleased if we just added depth guys from here on out, the rest we can add at little costs via draft. Honestly, what exactly are we missing? WR, TE, FB and CB? WR and CB are obviously the 2 positions that we will need to address within our first three picks, but other than that we can find very good TE's and FB's on day 2 of the draft! You can say DE is a need for the Bills but I think Stroud is really going to help free up our DE's and as a result I could see Kelsay and Schobel having monster seasons. I think that McCargo was really coming on strong by the end of last season and if he continues we should have a young dominant DL in place for next year. We got 17 guys coming off the IR which is going to provide even more depth and talent than we had last year.. This includes MLB Paul Posluszny and FS Ko Simpson. Granted, we still have some holes in our game, but what team doesn't at this point in the year? I feel very comfortable going into the draft with what we have now, the rest of our signing's, in my mind should be depth and camp fodder, the rest can be had in the draft.
Working...
X