PDA

View Full Version : A league in need of nicknames: The AFC East

The Spaz
03-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Buffalo Bills.
Marshawn Lynch → Beast Mode Lynch. Marshawn was once asked to describe his attitude, and he replied with two words: Beast Mode. I think "beast mode" has some connections in the video game, comic, and rap worlds.

All I know about it is that it sounds pretty bad-ass, and there's no reason we can't all be admiring Beast Mode Lynch for the next 10 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/A-league-in-need-of-nicknames-The-AFC-East;_ylt=Alyc.U6haMC1.NdUIjrfgy9DubYF?urn=nfl,72232

The Spaz
03-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Ronnie Brown got "Doo Doo Brown"!:lol::rofl:

feelthepain
03-18-2008, 01:55 PM
So Lynch gave himslef his nickname? That's even sader then Browns nickname.

Mitchy moo
03-18-2008, 02:15 PM

How do you know he didn't get that from another person naming him that?

Mr. Miyagi
03-18-2008, 02:20 PM
No he described his attitude, not giving himself a nickname.

DrGraves
03-18-2008, 02:32 PM
BEAST MODE!!!!!! WOOOOOOO

The Spaz
03-18-2008, 02:52 PM

Doo Doo :oops:

RockStar36
03-18-2008, 03:26 PM

The sadder thing is people that can't spell the word sadder.

feelthepain
03-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Doo Doo :oops:

As long as he continues to run over the Bills, you can call him whatever you like.

madness
03-18-2008, 04:00 PM

He never gave himself a nickname. He used "Beast Mode" when once asked to describe the type of running style he has.

Hardcore Lynch fans know his real nickname is "Money".

feelthepain
03-18-2008, 04:49 PM

Or sadder yet, being the fan of a team that just refuses to win a game that defines the sport and give their fans something to be proud of. :candle:

The Spaz
03-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Or sadder yet, being the fan of a team that just refuses to win a game that defines the sport and give their fans something to be proud of. :candle:

Or being the team that can't beat the supposed ****ty team.

feelthepain
03-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Or being the team that can't beat the supposed ****ty team.

Yeah you just let me know when the Bills reach a "solid decade" of domination over the fins, like the Fins did to the Bills and we can talk.

The Spaz
03-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Yeah you just let me know when the Bills reach a "solid decade" of domination over the fins, like the Fins did to the Bills and we can talk.

Keep living in the past, it won't help you now.

feelthepain
03-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Keep living in the past, it won't help you now.
And what has the present done for you? Missing the playoffs for almost a decade now? Or lowered your expectations of winning to beating a 1-15 team? See Bill fans also have little to be happy about, so you beat the Dolphins. It's not like your team was beating a playoff team and division leader. Miami has still been far more successful this decade then the Bills.

Buffatexas
03-18-2008, 05:28 PM
And what has the present done for you? Missing the playoffs for almost a decade now? Or lowered your expectations of winning to beating a 1-15 team? See Bill fans also have little to be happy about, so you beat the Dolphins. It's not like your team was beating a playoff team and division leader. Miami has still been far more successful this decade then the Bills.

neither has won a superbowl or for that matter even made an appearance this decade so, unless you are arguing who had better seats at the SB, this point it moot.

feelthepain
03-18-2008, 05:44 PM
neither has won a superbowl or for that matter even made an appearance this decade so, unless you are arguing who had better seats at the SB, this point it moot.

FYI, your favorite team winning a SB never goes away. It is and always will be a championship, Miami fans have had far more to be happy about since day one then Bill fans. Why should we stop talking about it? It still counts. I'll guarantee if the Bills had won 4 in a row instead of losing 4 in a row their fans wouldn't be letting people forget. It comes with the territory.

Buffatexas
03-18-2008, 05:59 PM
FYI, your favorite team winning a SB never goes away. It is and always will be a championship, Miami fans have had far more to be happy about since day one then Bill fans. Why should we stop talking about it? It still counts. I'll guarantee if the Bills had won 4 in a row instead of losing 4 in a row their fans wouldn't be letting people forget. It comes with the territory.

ok fine, then congrats to the Bills back-to-back AFL Champs and we won our before the Fins did....nanny nanny boo boo

See, that does absolutely no good with this argument.

You are entitled to your opinion, but personally, unless you were there for 1972, no Phin fan should run their mouth about it or any other SB they won when debating such topics as this. The same as the Bills winning their back-to-back titles or their 4 AFC Championships. Only the fans that went through the seasons prior and/or the season of the accolade can truly appreciate what happened and should be bragging about it. Otherwise, it is kind of like saying George Washington was our best General/President only by going on a history lesson

As a side note, I would much rather hear about the 72 fins season then what would we all would have heard if the pats went undefeated.

Now back to the topic at hand....I think they should "reinstate" nicknaming certain players or units on teams. It was pretty cool when you had "the Electric Company" and other names...

realdealryan
03-18-2008, 06:40 PM
No one has ever explained this to me.

Why the F**K are Dolphins fans on this site? I know our franchise isn't that great overall and is in a playoff drought. Why do Fins fans care? My friends have a passing interest in the Bills because I love them. I have a similar interest in the Colts. But none of us have any interest in trolling other boards.

feelthepain
03-18-2008, 07:40 PM
FTP,

1-15 Kid, suck it!

Mature...as usual.

jamze132
03-19-2008, 04:32 AM
As long as he continues to run over the Bills, you can call him whatever you like.
He has to actually play without getting hurt to do that. You better keep Ricky!

DrastiK
03-19-2008, 06:36 AM

haha i was just going to say that.

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2008, 03:42 PM

Wow. And the phins were lucky to win 1 game...what does that make you?

thats right. A pathetic phin fan.

BTW: Having games of 97, 22 and 70 yards against us, not to mention 3 games he missed cuz he was hurt, in NO way indicated him "Running all over us", i think it was you said.

Marshawn has nearly as many yards as Doo Doo does in 2 games agains your phins. Good.

yordad
03-19-2008, 05:37 PM
FYI, your favorite team winning a SB never goes away. It is and always will be a championship, Miami fans have had far more to be happy about since day one then Bill fans. Why should we stop talking about it? It still counts. I'll guarantee if the Bills had won 4 in a row instead of losing 4 in a row their fans wouldn't be letting people forget. It comes with the territory.Where you born yet when that happened?

shelby
03-19-2008, 05:47 PM
No one has ever explained this to me.

Why the F**K are Dolphins fans on this site? I know our franchise isn't that great overall and is in a playoff drought. Why do Fins fans care? My friends have a passing interest in the Bills because I love them. I have a similar interest in the Colts. But none of us have any interest in trolling other boards.
We have a wicked badass message board.:up:

Buffatexas
03-21-2008, 06:43 AM
seriously, especially f@gs like FTP, when alls he has to say is bad mouthing the bills, when his ****ty dolphins went 1-15 this season..like, you won one game..and you come here talking ****? that really doesnt make sense to me..i understand like the cool fans of other teams like NE39 an stuff..but FTP really has to go, he's just a ****ing ***** who talks about a SB he wasnt even around for..

Look at it this way, I would much rather have a fan of another team talking trash about the Bills on this board then someone who declares themselves a Bills fan and talks a lot worse about the Bills than FTP does.

justasportsfan
03-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Look at it this way, I would much rather have a fan of another team talking trash about the Bills on this board then someone who declares themselves a Bills fan and talks a lot worse about the Bills than FTP does.
FTP pretended to be a bills fan until he got caught? Where's DUHbilz AKA FTP these days?

mikemac2001
03-21-2008, 01:12 PM
"AND DOO DOO BROWN IS SPREADING THE STANK ALL OVER THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE!"

realdealryan
03-21-2008, 07:53 PM

I disagree. There have been and there will be plenty for us to criticize about OBD and play on the field. As a Bills fan, I'm here to comment about the good AND the bad.

Fins fans, well, are here to maybe say that we did something well, but in the back of their mind, they are waiting to spring something about how the Dolphins are great or the Bills suck in this way. It's kind of like talking to a girl. I'll ask her how things are and listen. But I'm really only waiting to talk.

When they are *****talkers, I don't care what they have to say or what their tilted perception is of our team unless we JUST played them. As far as I'm concerned, I'd like to hear from Fins fans two weeks out of the year. Aren't there enough other forums out there? I've got like 12 bookmarked and I don't hit them all in one day. That would be too much computer time.

/rant

Buffatexas
03-21-2008, 08:16 PM
I disagree. There have been and there will be plenty for us to criticize about OBD and play on the field. As a Bills fan, I'm here to comment about the good AND the bad.

Fins fans, well, are here to maybe say that we did something well, but in the back of their mind, they are waiting to spring something about how the Dolphins are great or the Bills suck in this way. It's kind of like talking to a girl. I'll ask her how things are and listen. But I'm really only waiting to talk.

When they are *****talkers, I don't care what they have to say or what their tilted perception is of our team unless we JUST played them. As far as I'm concerned, I'd like to hear from Fins fans two weeks out of the year. Aren't there enough other forums out there? I've got like 12 bookmarked and I don't hit them all in one day. That would be too much computer time.

/rant

I hear ya man, but with the recent rash of BS on this board coming from those who state their own opinions as factual events, well, FTP's comments are a "welcome" distraction from that. At least his points can be debated.

I say let 'em talk **** cause no one talks **** like the fans of the Buffalo Bills!!!

djjimkelly
03-22-2008, 04:09 AM
how about trent "***" edwards lol theres a nick name

Crisis
03-22-2008, 04:13 AM
ronnie brown running all over us? like when he fumbled away his first game vs us?

!Papacrunk!
03-23-2008, 12:56 AM
the Ronnie Brown hurdle for a touch down in the come back from 3 TD win was decent at least:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/PapaCrunk/Brown3.jpg