PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Countdown New Mock

Bill Cody
03-18-2008, 03:20 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Has Buffalo taking CB Dominique Rogers-Cromartie. I would be excited with this pick. I think we need to finish the D before anything else and top flight corners are hard to find.

mayotm
03-18-2008, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with this. With WR being so deep, can pick somebody up in the 2nd round and TE in the third.

Confused
03-18-2008, 03:37 PM
PASS. LET SOME OTHER TEAM MAKE THIS MISTAKE. tHIS GUY HAS BUST WRITTEN ALL OVER HIM.

madness
03-18-2008, 03:38 PM
I really would like to see us take the best WR available but I have absolutely no problem with us drafting DRC.

justasportsfan
03-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Since Dick came in he's adressed the backfiled, Dl , OL rb ,Lb either by draft or FA. This scheme to go with our new DL won't need a top tier cb.

I say he gets weapons for the O via the draft since it wasn't addressed in FA.

IF we take DRC ,I can see us trading back to the late 1st rd. or early 2nd to get the wr we like.

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Id love this. I agree completely with their summary. There is no WR worth picking up at that spot. If we do end up going WR, we BETTER trade down. If we keep it, we should go after DRC and hope we can get Devin Thomas or Mario Manningham in the 2nd which is very possible.

PECKERWOOD
03-18-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm not entirely sold on DRC and that's because the level of competition he faced. Granted, the guy looks like he has all the tools to be successful but at the end of the day, you got to grab as close to a sure shot as you can with a pick that high in the draft. If we did decide to go CB in the 1st round, I'd like us to trade down and pick up Aqib Talib.

Things that made me scratch my head:

• Dustin Keller in the 1st? ( He is good but not that good. )
• Dan Connor falling to the 2nd? ( Better prospect than Poz, should be a 1st rounder. )
• Brian Brohm falling to the 2nd? ( Only one QB taken in the 1st? How often does that happen? )

PECKERWOOD
03-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Id love this. I agree completely with their summary. There is no WR worth picking up at that spot. If we do end up going WR, we BETTER trade down. If we keep it, we should go after DRC and hope we can get Devin Thomas or Mario Manningham in the 2nd which is very possible.

I wouldn't mind Mario Manningham in the 2nd, that would be an awesome pick, despite the poor combine.

Jan Reimers
03-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Is DRC really that much more of a "sure thing" than Kelly or Sweed?

Are we really in more need of a CB than a WR?

I say "no" and "no."

Luisito23
03-18-2008, 04:44 PM
I say "no" and "no."

And might I add..."No''.....:bandwagon

HHURRICANE
03-18-2008, 04:49 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Has Buffalo taking CB Dominique Rogers-Cromartie. I would be excited with this pick. I think we need to finish the D before anything else and top flight corners are hard to find.

How are we addressing WR??

Tatonka
03-18-2008, 04:52 PM
if we dont spent the whole first day of the draft on offense, we are going to suck balls AGAIN.

i can see drafting a corner, but cromartie is far from a sure thing.. especially with the level of competition being a big concern.

i dont want to hear about BAP.. i want offense.. hopefully our front office is not ****ing stupid.

The Spaz
03-18-2008, 04:58 PM
I agree with T we need offense at least the first rounds. Would love a Kelly, Davis, Keller.

The Spaz
03-18-2008, 04:59 PM
I agree with T we need offense at least the first 3 rounds. Would love a Kelly, Davis, Keller.

venis2k1
03-18-2008, 05:10 PM
I would only be ok with DRC/ Fred Davis in round 1 and 2 if we landed a decent FA WR.

historypete
03-18-2008, 05:13 PM
I don't think we should go CB in round one. There is no doubt we need help there, but I think WR is a more pressing issue even though it is a deep position this year.

I'd prefer WR in round 1, TE in round 2 the fill in at CB and RG/C/T the rest of the draft. I would also like us to sign Will James as a nickle back. I think Youboty is too risky with his injury history. Even though we are thin at the corner position I still would go offense in the first two rounds, we really need to upgrade the talent there, especially since we've already focused on the defense.

Jan Reimers
03-18-2008, 05:26 PM
PASS. LET SOME OTHER TEAM MAKE THIS MISTAKE. tHIS GUY HAS BUST WRITTEN ALL OVER HIM.
I know draft guides vary all over the place, but Scout.com has DRC as only the 4th best CB, and 32nd best prospect overall. Not a lock by any means.

Conversely, it has Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly as its 2 best WRs, at 16th and 17th best overall.

I'm just saying that there is no consensus that DRC is a can't miss guy, while every WR is a big reach at 11.

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Does everybody forget what Randy Moss did to us in just one half at home? We play him twice a year ya know. We were 29th in pass defense. I know I know, we have gotten better in the front 7 and in the cover 2 you dont need a lock down corner blah blah blah.....I dont care. Our cornerback situation is just as bleek as our WR situation. You gotta ask yourself, at the 11th spot, what are we going to get better value on? IMO, there is no WR worth taking in the top 20. I think we can get just as good WR in the 2nd, while addressing CB in the first. After a CB in the first, id go all Offense until the later rounds where id grab a DE or a safety.

Confused
03-19-2008, 06:37 AM
Trade down to the mid teens, get and extra 2nd. HARDY. DAVIS. D.Thomas. Those three picks on day one would improve our "O" a ton.

Confused
03-19-2008, 06:38 AM
Does everybody forget what Randy Moss did to us in just one half at home? We play him twice a year ya know. We were 29th in pass defense. I know I know, we have gotten better in the front 7 and in the cover 2 you dont need a lock down corner blah blah blah.....I dont care. Our cornerback situation is just as bleek as our WR situation. You gotta ask yourself, at the 11th spot, what are we going to get better value on? IMO, there is no WR worth taking in the top 20. I think we can get just as good WR in the 2nd, while addressing CB in the first. After a CB in the first, id go all Offense until the later rounds where id grab a DE or a safety.

If you think a rookie CB will shut the Moss down, yer on drugs.

Mitchy moo
03-19-2008, 06:47 AM
I hope the Bills take whoever the heck the find has the best chance to make us better this season. I am sick of being depressed in january and getting to look forward only to the draft, playoffs or bust.

alohabillsfan
03-19-2008, 06:58 AM
Trade down to the mid teens, get and extra 2nd. HARDY. DAVIS. D.Thomas. Those three picks on day one would improve our "O" a ton.

If you think you can trade down into the mid teens and get an extra 2nd your on drugs... To get a second we would have to land about 19 or 20. I can live with that but you need a partner....

FlyingDutchman
03-19-2008, 07:32 AM
If you think a rookie CB will shut the Moss down, yer on drugs.

You think Jabari Greer's midget ass will? He got smoked for 4 TDs in one half.

FlyingDutchman
03-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Also, who says a rookie WR is going to come in here and make a tremendous impact?

alohabillsfan
03-19-2008, 07:45 AM
WR is deeper than CB IMO If I had my choices they would be ...
1) CB DRC Middle Tenn. St
2) WR James Hardy IU
3) WR Jordy Nelson Kansas St
4) TE Jacob Tamme Kentucky
4)* DE B. Johnston Gardner-Webb
5) C Cory Licchtensteiger
6) FB Jacb Hester LSU
7) OT Mike Gibson Cal
7) LB Ahijah Lane Fresno State

* Projected Comp Pick

We need offense weapons, Dick and company go out and get them... Thoughts?

DraftBoy
03-19-2008, 07:49 AM
I like the DRC pick, our situation realistically sucks like the past two years when it comes to our draft posistion in Round 1. Really no matter who we take we are reaching to some degree.

Akhippo
03-19-2008, 11:53 AM
This is going to be an intriging draft on the bills part. We are on the outskirts of the top talent which sucks. I think buffalo should shop their pick as hard as possible. This would be a good year to stock picks and maybe get an extra first next year. I would be on the phone with ATL to see if they might want to move some of those seconds.

A DB would bring a more instantaneous return while a WO would take a while and might not see the field till midseason.

TedMock
03-19-2008, 12:25 PM
We're in a tough spot at 11. A WR is a need, but this is certainly too high to grab one. If we somehow trade down, I can see us going WR in round one. Otherwise, take the BPA. The WR pool is deep with 2nd - 4th rounders. If we trade down in the first, we can certainly get a good CB in the 2nd. If not, take a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. A TE in the 2nd through 4th also makes sense depending on BPA rankings. If we take DRC or McKelvin, should he fall, and Hardy is available in the 2nd, we should grab him. As for TE's, I'd imagine there's a chance of either Bennet, or Carlson slipping to the 3rd, but it's risky. I still say a DT in the 4h (Dre Moore UMD or Red Bryant TX A&M may still be there) and DE in the 5th (Chris Harrington TX A&M, or Chase Ortiz TCU may still be there) makes sense. FB or OG/C in the 6th and 7th.

Draft Boy probably has a better idea as to the reality of this than I do.

mysticsoto
03-19-2008, 12:44 PM
We're in a tough spot at 11. A WR is a need, but this is certainly too high to grab one. If we somehow trade down, I can see us going WR in round one. Otherwise, take the BPA. The WR pool is deep with 2nd - 4th rounders. If we trade down in the first, we can certainly get a good CB in the 2nd. If not, take a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. A TE in the 2nd through 4th also makes sense depending on BPA rankings. If we take DRC or McKelvin, should he fall, and Hardy is available in the 2nd, we should grab him. As for TE's, I'd imagine there's a chance of either Bennet, or Carlson slipping to the 3rd, but it's risky. I still say a DT in the 4h (Dre Moore UMD or Red Bryant TX A&M may still be there) and DE in the 5th (Chris Harrington TX A&M, or Chase Ortiz TCU may still be there) makes sense. FB or OG/C in the 6th and 7th.

Draft Boy probably has a better idea as to the reality of this than I do.

I'm not DB, but if you will entertain me for a second...I think Carolina might be in a good position to trade with us. Carolina would like OT Ryan Clady but Denver, right before them, will likely pick him. They can get their trade pick by moving up to our pick. This has a strong likelihood as a possibility, but even so, it only gets us down to #13 and maybe...an extra 4th rd pick, but I'd do it in a second. That could be our extra WR pick up and we lose nothing and can still take whatever top WR they have on their draft board.

TedMock
03-19-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm not DB, but if you will entertain me for a second...I think Carolina might be in a good position to trade with us. Carolina would like OT Ryan Clady but Denver, right before them, will likely pick him. They can get their trade pick by moving up to our pick. This has a strong likelihood as a possibility, but even so, it only gets us down to #13 and maybe...an extra 4th rd pick, but I'd do it in a second. That could be our extra WR pick up and we lose nothing and can still take whatever top WR they have on their draft board.

Not a bad idea. There's a 100 point "value" difference between 11 and 13. Carolina picks 74th in the 3rd which is 220 points. So, yes, a 4th is more realistic. If by some miracle we scum an extra 3rd, I'm all over it. If we settle for the 4th, I'm seriously considering it.

Bill Cody
03-19-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm fine with DRC or Derrick Harvey at 11. Anyone who disagrees needs to plug in our game with NE until reality sinks in about our D.

We need to resign Evans and we can't afford 2 big money receivers. There will be #2 type WR's available in rd 2.

Night Train
03-19-2008, 06:05 PM

Ding,Ding Ding.

We have a winner !

coastal
03-19-2008, 07:14 PM
if we dont spent the whole first day of the draft on offense, we are going to suck balls AGAIN.

i can see drafting a corner, but cromartie is far from a sure thing.. especially with the level of competition being a big concern.

i dont want to hear about BAP.. i want offense.. hopefully our front office is not ****ing stupid.I am a big fan of using all of our first 3 picks on one side of the ball... let's build at least one thing that is dominant.

That being said... my preference would be to build the D, but would have no problems if the Bills decided they were going to do something along the lines of...

1.) Devin Thomas
2.) Martellus Bennett
3.) Adarius Bowman

Now tell me... who the **** covers all of that with Evans and Lynch on the field too?