PDA

View Full Version : If Evans doesn't resign let's go after Boldin

jpdex12
03-18-2008, 03:52 PM
There are rumblings that Boldin's agent Rosenhaus will want a better contract for his client Boldin who has arguably had a better career so far than the $40 Mill Fitzgerald. You know Drew's clients tend to hold out for this reason. Do you think that the cash strapped Arizona Cardinals have the bucks to sign another top dog WR? NO.

Anyone think going after Boldin would be wise? Let Lee play out his contract and trade him while drafting a big WR this year in the draft to be ready to start in the #2 spot next year? This idea is getting me very excited. Of course we would have to trade Arizona a high pick to get Boldin but we'd get this pick back from the Evans trade. Pull the trigger. We could seriously upgrade our WR corp.

bflojohn
03-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Easier said than done! The premise is that Lee Evans is likely out the door, and the Bills NEED a #1 reciever. The obvious answer is simply sign him! However, Anquan Boldin is difficult because he is going to demand, from a new team, a contract somewhere in the "zip code" of his soon to be former teammate, Larry Fitzgerald. So THAT can and usually is a hang-up to any potential deal. Then there is the compensation to the Cardinals in trade. You can bet that a 1st rounder is the starting point. My solution is draft 2 recievers this year in the 1st or 2nd round, followed up with a pick in round 5 or 6. Killing two birds with one stone is the optimum answer to me.....

bflojohn
03-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Easier said than done! The premise is that Lee Evans is likely out the door, and the Bills NEED a #1 reciever. The obvious answer is simply sign him! However, Anquan Boldin is difficult because he is going to demand, from a new team, a contract somewhere in the "zip code" of his soon to be former teammate, Larry Fitzgerald. So THAT can and usually is a hang-up to any potential deal. Then there is the compensation to the Cardinals in trade. You can bet that a 1st rounder is the starting point. My solution is draft 2 recievers this year in the 1st or 2nd round, followed up with a pick in round 5 or 6. Killing two birds with one stone is the optimum answer to me.....

Yasgur's Farm
03-18-2008, 06:42 PM
1) If the Bills aren't gonna be able to re-sign Lee, they already know it and will franchise him in 2009.
2) They could aquire Boldin (for #11 and maybe a 3rd back from Arizona) and sign him long term regardless of the Evans situation.
3) Given 1 and 2... The Bills would be set at WR for 2008 and 2009. What's to say they don't franchise Lee again in 2010?

Mitchy moo
03-18-2008, 07:30 PM
1) If the Bills aren't gonna be able to re-sign Lee, they already know it and will franchise him in 2009.
2) They could aquire Boldin (for #11 and maybe a 3rd back from Arizona) and sign him long term regardless of the Evans situation.
3) Given 1 and 2... The Bills would be set at WR for 2008 and 2009. What's to say they don't franchise Lee again in 2010?

Wow, this is exactly one of the thing I posted before, It's freaking genius. You have 2 guns and roscoe that will outrun everyone. We have a better offense and have a higher probability of winning.

venis2k1
03-18-2008, 10:15 PM
There are rumblings that Boldin's agent Rosenhaus will want a better contract for his client Boldin who has arguably had a better career so far than the $40 Mill Fitzgerald. You know Drew's clients tend to hold out for this reason. Do you think that the cash strapped Arizona Cardinals have the bucks to sign another top dog WR? NO.

Anyone think going after Boldin would be wise? Let Lee play out his contract and trade him while drafting a big WR this year in the draft to be ready to start in the #2 spot next year? This idea is getting me very excited. Of course we would have to trade Arizona a high pick to get Boldin but we'd get this pick back from the Evans trade. Pull the trigger. We could seriously upgrade our WR corp.

I stopped reading after Rosenhaus.

jamze132
03-19-2008, 04:19 AM
I love the thought of Boldin playing for the Bills but let's be honest. His agent is the Boras version of football. Buffalo isn't going to win a bidding war with Dallas for his services. We should just extend Lee and be happy. Pay him what he's worth.

Confused
03-19-2008, 06:41 AM
I love the thought of Boldin playing for the Bills but let's be honest. His agent is the Boras version of football. Buffalo isn't going to win a bidding war with Dallas for his services. We should just extend Lee and be happy. Pay him what he's worth.

If we offer him what he's worth, he'll leave.

jpdex12
03-19-2008, 09:34 PM

You forgot about Ocho Cinco! He will get traded to Dallas this year. That's where all of the delinquent WR's go for rehab. Jerry will trade for him and his side show antics to go along with TO and they will be perfect for eachother. Actually that tandem would be freakin scary!

This all makes sense though...Boldin to Buffalo, we draft Malcom Kelly this year along with Brandon Flowers in the second round and then Martin Rucker and Jermichael Finley in rounds 3 and 4 and we tag Evans next year and he either plays or we trade him for a high draft pick. By that time we have Kelly, Rucker and Finley with a year under their belts and our offense is instantly awesome.

Boy would this bring in more suite ticket holders in Buffalo.

jamze132
03-20-2008, 02:58 AM
You forgot about Ocho Cinco! He will get traded to Dallas this year. That's where all of the delinquent WR's go for rehab. Jerry will trade for him and his side show antics to go along with TO and they will be perfect for eachother. Actually that tandem would be freakin scary!

This all makes sense though...Boldin to Buffalo, we draft Malcom Kelly this year along with Brandon Flowers in the second round and then Martin Rucker and Jermichael Finley in rounds 3 and 4 and we tag Evans next year and he either plays or we trade him for a high draft pick. By that time we have Kelly, Rucker and Finley with a year under their belts and our offense is instantly awesome.

Boy would this bring in more suite ticket holders in Buffalo.
Well, whatever you are on, pass that ****...

jamze132
03-21-2008, 02:53 PM
If we offer him what he's worth, he'll leave.
He's worth more to us then his stats show so far. Hence we should offer him what's he's worth.