PDA

View Full Version : Numminen back before the season ends

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-18-2008, 04:10 PM
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Teppo Numminen (TEH'-poh NOO'-mih-nen)
rejoined the Buffalo Sabres today. The team's training staff will
be evaluating the veteran defenseman to determine whether he can
resume playing six months after open-heart surgery.

Coach Lindy Ruff says it's too early to determine whether the
39-year-old Numminen will be cleared to play before the end of the
regular season.

Buffalo has nine games left in the final three weeks of the
2007-2008 campaign. The Sabres are coming off back-to-back wins and
are just one point back of Philadelphia, which currently holds the
eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

Numminen had surgery in September to repair a faulty valve,
which was discovered during a routine checkup ahead of his 19th NHL
season.
http://www.wgrz.com/sports/sports_article.aspx?storyid=56403

JD
03-18-2008, 04:14 PM
**** that.

Keep the young kids up here. They have heart, and coincidentally, Teppos is failing.... :ontome:

bigbub2352
03-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Waste of time and money

Nighthawk
03-18-2008, 05:10 PM
What a joke! Didn't we try this route last year with Connolly and he sucked ass in the playoffs because he hadn't played all year. Don't bring him back...let the kids play.

Mitchy moo
03-18-2008, 06:03 PM
The way he looked at it, if he can just make it to season he'll get paid and free medical. I hope he enjoys the rest of his life, away from the ice.

RockStar36
03-18-2008, 06:49 PM
I don't agree with this at all

OpIv37
03-18-2008, 08:39 PM
The only good I see in this is that we're so short at D that one injury could completely hose us. If it comes down to it, at least Numminen has some experience.

Regardless, with his age and injury I don't expect much from him and I hope he only sees the ice as an insurance policy if we're completely depleted at D.

Mitchy moo
03-18-2008, 08:59 PM
The only good I see in this is that we're so short at D that one injury could completely hose us. If it comes down to it, at least Numminen has some experience.

Regardless, with his age and injury I don't expect much from him and I hope he only sees the ice as an insurance policy if we're completely depleted at D.

You think he came to the Sabres with the intent to play this season?? This is milking 101 and after not playing all season I'll safely say he'll be rusty.

OpIv37
03-18-2008, 09:05 PM
You think he came to the Sabres with the intent to play this season?? This is milking 101 and after not playing all season I'll safely say he'll be rusty.

I'm sure he will be rusty, but a rusty Numminen is better than no one. Hell, a few games back we had defensemen putting in 38 minutes and Pratt had like 24. That's not exactly a winning formula. I don't expect him to do anything but give our better guys a breather in the event of more injuries (which are almost inevitable with this team's luck).

And it really doesn't matter anyway- we're not going to make the playoffs so he won't be ready in time.

BlackMetalNinja
03-18-2008, 10:52 PM
Depth is the only plus here... i hate it when somebody is out the entire year and they try to throw them in at the last minute thinking it'll be helpful.