PDA

View Full Version : Not overly impressed. See us running in place.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Well, we got an above average LB and an above average, injured, DT.

We released Price and Tripplett.

Why am I supposed to believe we are better than 7-9 again?

The draft is going to get us a Peeless replacement and a secound round CB.

The Spaz
03-18-2008, 04:49 PM
I won't assume anything until we get to TC.

feelthepain
03-18-2008, 04:51 PM

Well since Tom Brady wasn't drafted till the 6th round and you build the core of a team through the draft, I'd say there's a reason to be optimistic!

ddaryl
03-18-2008, 05:10 PM
hhurricane's weekly gloom and doom post..

historypete
03-18-2008, 05:19 PM
I think Phase II of FA has been a gross dissapointment. I'm not exceptionally disappointed by Johnson not signing. I really think we tried, but his agent has led him down a bad path. The Hackett thing bothers me a bit, but he does have an injury history that is a problem, but a two year contract for 3 million sounds reasonable especially with all our cash to cap room.

I'm more concerned that we didn't take a look at Utecht, but signed Anderson. I think Utecht has much more upside and playmaking ability.

I think they really need to focus on the secondary with the rest of FA. Signing Scott today is okay, he was actually a decent backup, but I'd rather have had McCree and I think we dropped the ball on that. I think James would be a good addition at CB, he would bring some depth, but we've seem to let that fly by.

So, I can understand the questions brought forth by HH. My only response would be that by cutting Price and Tripplett, we are adding by subtracting. We need to address the offense in the draft to upgrade the team enough to challenge for a Wild Card spot.

mayotm
03-18-2008, 05:23 PM

The draft is going to get us a Peeless replacement and a secound round CB.I read several articles stating that primary off-season goal of the Bills front office was to impress you.

feelthepain
03-18-2008, 05:26 PM
I think Phase II of FA has been a gross dissapointment. I'm not exceptionally disappointed by Johnson not signing. I really think we tried, but his agent has led him down a bad path.

His agents job is to get him the most money he can, that's it that's all. It's up to the player to make the final decision. If Johnson wanted to be a Bill he would have been a Bill. Maybe the Bills weren't even in the ballpark, hard to say since none of us were actually at the table.

Mr. Miyagi
03-18-2008, 05:31 PM

You're quickly becoming a Wys replacement yourself.

SquishDaFish
03-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Dude your are almost on Wys level

Yasgur's Farm
03-18-2008, 06:23 PM

The draft is going to get us a Peeless replacement and a secound round CB.Stop with the negatives...
1) 14 or so returning from IR... POS, Peters, Ko, Kelsay/Denney to name a few.
2) 7 to 8 fresh rookies with potential upgarde to our starting WR's, TE's and CB's.
3) Stroud > Triplett
4) Mitchell > Ellison
5) Johnson > Hargrove/Williams and maybe > McCargo
6) James > Thomas and maybe > Greer
7) Scott > Lenhard.

HAMMER
03-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Spencer Johnson was a very good signing that many on this board refuse to acknowledge. Why? Oh that's right, he isn't a huge NAME.

historypete
03-18-2008, 06:43 PM
His agents job is to get him the most money he can, that's it that's all. It's up to the player to make the final decision. If Johnson wanted to be a Bill he would have been a Bill. Maybe the Bills weren't even in the ballpark, hard to say since none of us were actually at the table.

If his agents job is to get him the most money or best deal he really screwed him. His agent is banking on the fact Johnson will have a big year next year. That is fine, but to take that chance in SF is stupid. Their offense was worse than Buffalos. I'm not saying he should have signed here or that we made a compedative offer. I'm just saying his agent really did his client a disservice by telling him to take a 1 year deal in SF, because if he tanks which is likely considering the way they played last year his market value falls even farther than it did this offseason.

Mad Max
03-18-2008, 06:45 PM

For all the misery that this team's put us all through, I don't blame anyone for feeling pessimistic. But having said that, I am quite optimistic about the team.

For example we didn't get one good linebacker addition this offseason, we got two. The Poz is back.

We got rid of dead useless weight in Tripplett. Stroud if only 70% of his former self is still much better than Tripplett.

Fairchild wasn't working, now he's gone. His replacement couldn't do worse.

As for the draft, this is the NFL we're talking about not the NBA. In the NFL (championship) teams are built primarily through the draft. I'm excited about the possibilities.

Let's go BUFF-A-LO!

John Doe
03-18-2008, 06:50 PM
I gues that someone is compelled to start a thread like this every other day.

I think that it is some kind of by-law.

And so it goes: all the injuries from last season will re-occur, last year's rookies and second year men will fail to develop further, the free agents will bust, all the draft picks will be clueless, character and continuity mean nothing.

YardRat
03-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Can't help but be excited about the defense this year. The offense? Entirely different story...

raphael120
03-18-2008, 07:03 PM
The only thing that bothers me is that while we think we're getting better, I really think the teams around us are getting that much better too, plus some.

Look at what Cleveland did, theyre ready for the playoffs next year. Jets made a lot of moves too, but we'll see how that pans out...Miami...eh...I'm not expecting much, and the Pats are the Pats.

I think the margin of error will be very small this season, we need 10 wins or more, anything less is a disappointment.

X-Era
03-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Can't help but be excited about the defense this year. The offense? Entirely different story...

Help is on the way! maybe we can wait another 40 days to decide?

streetkings01
03-18-2008, 07:25 PM

The draft is going to get us a Peeless replacement and a secound round CB.If we were 7-9 with a below avg WR and below avg DT why wouldnt you believe we could be better than 7-9 with an above avg LB and above avg NT?

Goobylal
03-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Well since Tom Brady wasn't drafted till the 6th round and you build the core of a team through the draft, I'd say there's a reason to be optimistic!
When FTP becomes the voice of reason, it's time to realize something is wrong with you.

justasportsfan
03-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Dude your are almost on Wys level
wys was way smarter

feelthepain
03-18-2008, 09:15 PM
If his agents job is to get him the most money or best deal he really screwed him. His agent is banking on the fact Johnson will have a big year next year. That is fine, but to take that chance in SF is stupid. Their offense was worse than Buffalos. I'm not saying he should have signed here or that we made a compedative offer. I'm just saying his agent really did his client a disservice by telling him to take a 1 year deal in SF, because if he tanks which is likely considering the way they played last year his market value falls even farther than it did this offseason.

It's all about "guaranteed money". If Johnson is going to play his way to a big contract, you'd have to think Buffalo isn't that place. The Bills have had a pretty bad offense the last few years players want to go to a place that will showcase them.

Goobylal
03-18-2008, 09:19 PM
It's all about "guaranteed money". If Johnson is going to play his way to a big contract, you'd have to think Buffalo isn't that place. The Bills have had a pretty bad offense the last few years players want to go to a place that will showcase them.
Um, the 49'ers had the worst offense in terms of both yards AND points per game last year. While the Bills weren't that much better, they were still better and Johnson would have been best-served going to Buffalo for what would have been more money they'll he'll probably ever see now.

Dr. Lecter
03-18-2008, 09:33 PM

While he will be showcased in San Fran, it certainly is not a place where a WR will put up good numbers, most likely.

THATHURMANATOR
03-19-2008, 12:58 AM

So if we got Malcom Kelly in the first he would mearly be a replacement for Price who barely even played last year. What the **** are you talking about?

You also fail to mention we get POZ back who virtually missed the entire season as well.

BillsFanInNM
03-19-2008, 01:38 AM
wys was way smarter

Using big words in posts that rival War & Peace in length doesn't necessarily make one smarter lol

jamze132
03-19-2008, 03:33 AM
Why are you all of the sudden posting positive comments and not always slamming the Bills whenever you get a chance? I'm proud of you, FTP.

jamze132
03-19-2008, 03:38 AM

You do realize that getting rid of Tripplett is addition by subtraction, right? Price as well? It's not like he played last year so how does him not being here now, make a difference.

Let's see... We no longer have to have Keith Ellison or DiGorgio starting..., Ko Simpson will be back, we will finally have 3 semi-competent CBs on the field, and we did sign a guy named Marcus Stroud. Oh, I almost forgot, we get Denney back so there will always be a fresh DE on the left side. Remember how many sacks our DEs had a couple years ago when Kelsay and Denney could switch in and out to stay fresh? I think Schobel had over 16 and the other two guys had 11 or so?

How are we not better thus far?

HHURRICANE
03-19-2008, 09:24 AM
You do realize that getting rid of Tripplett is addition by subtraction, right? Price as well? It's not like he played last year so how does him not being here now, make a difference.

Let's see... We no longer have to have Keith Ellison or DiGorgio starting..., Ko Simpson will be back, we will finally have 3 semi-competent CBs on the field, and we did sign a guy named Marcus Stroud. Oh, I almost forgot, we get Denney back so there will always be a fresh DE on the left side. Remember how many sacks our DEs had a couple years ago when Kelsay and Denney could switch in and out to stay fresh? I think Schobel had over 16 and the other two guys had 11 or so?

How are we not better thus far?

Guys, I'm very concerned. The Bills aren't in a vacuum. Playeres will get injured and when you look at the overall talent and depth on this team it's still really weak.

Getting Kelly in the draft may be better than Price but as a rookie it won't be significant. Who's replacing some of the other weak spots on our team???

You're telling me that you couldn't see this team going 7-9 again? Where are the offensive weapons???

feelthepain
03-19-2008, 10:24 AM
While he will be showcased in San Fran, it certainly is not a place where a WR will put up good numbers, most likely.

Which leads you to believe his agent got him the best deal in SF. I would believe SF isn't afraid to spend money. Maybe of all the teams interested, SF gave him the best offer and was the most talented.

hydro
03-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Guys, I'm very concerned. The Bills aren't in a vacuum. Playeres will get injured and when you look at the overall talent and depth on this team it's still really weak.

Getting Kelly in the draft may be better than Price but as a rookie it won't be significant. Who's replacing some of the other weak spots on our team???

You're telling me that you couldn't see this team going 7-9 again? Where are the offensive weapons???

What would have been your ideal offseason?

ddaryl
03-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Spencer Johnson was a very good signing that many on this board refuse to acknowledge. Why? Oh that's right, he isn't a huge NAME.

I honestly feel Spencer will outshine Stroud and be able to play more downs etc...

We definitely needed more then one DT addition, We have a past pro-bowler and 2 other potential pro bowlers at DT with Spencer and McCargo IMO

The Vikings D never missed a beat when Spencer came in, and he was already playing behind 2 top DT's. This may very well be our best offseason move.

THATHURMANATOR
03-19-2008, 11:28 AM
EXACTLY!

Romes
03-19-2008, 11:47 AM
I am lost, we have lost scrubs and added above average players and we are running in place?

This post sounds just like complaining for the sake of complaining. Sure, other teams have improved but they have also lost...we have only gained. If the Bills have really lost ground to most other teams name 5-10 other teams that have done better.

justasportsfan
03-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Games are won in the trenches and we've upgraded both sides in the last 2 years.

BuffaloRanger
03-19-2008, 12:43 PM
The Bills are running in place because they missed the chance to improve the offense.

Does anyone remember how bad the offense was last season? Cowboys game - one offensive FG?

Yes the moron OC is gone, but that leaves us with a rookie OC.

Where is the TE, #2 WR? Another decent CB?

Would adding these during FA have been so much of a risk? Nobody can convince me that not adding FAs and waiting for the draft is better then signing FAs and STILL adding quality thru the draft.

Building thru the draft takes more then a season. What if that 1st rd WR gets hurt like Poz did? Will the offense struggle again?

It's not like the Bills are up against the cap. The Bills are one of the 3 worst teams in the entire NFL this decade. When they miss chances to potentially improve by adding FAs it's frustrating.

ddaryl
03-19-2008, 12:51 PM
The Bills are running in place because they missed the chance to improve the offense.

Does anyone remember how bad the offense was last season? Cowboys game - one offensive FG?

Would adding these during FA have been so much of a risk? Nobody can convince me that not adding FAs and waiting for the draft is better then signing FAs and STILL adding quality thru the draft.

Building thru the draft takes more then a season. What if that 1st rd WR gets hurt like Poz did? Will the offense struggle again?

It's not like the Bills are up against the cap. The Bills are one of the 3 worst teams in the entire NFL this decade. When they miss chances to potentially improve by adding FAs it's frustrating.

Would blowing huge insane bucks to add a FA WR or a lack luster TE with major injury concerns have really made the difference. Would not having that money available to extend our own and continue to build the team over the next couple of years made us good enough this year to dominate and win the superbowl ???

NO

We ARE DEFINTELY NOT RUNNING IN PLACE, and if you think we are then your just being a whiney *****. Our ability to stop the run and pressure the QB just increased considerably, and that alone makes us a better team. A team capable of winning 2-3 more games this season.

The Bills have a done a solid job of picking up FA's and drafting well since 2006 when Levy reshaped the front office. I don't see why we cannot continue with the improvements this season under the same fashion.

ParanoidAndroid
03-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Games are won in the trenches and we've upgraded both sides in the last 2 years.

http://www.prweb.com/prfiles/2005/01/11/196401/Bull.jpg (http://www.prweb.com/prfiles/2005/01/11/196401/Bull.jpg)

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44493000/jpg/_44493224_green_eye203.jpg

justasportsfan
03-19-2008, 01:05 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44493000/jpg/_44493224_green_eye203.jpg

My new sig seems to be running in place :idunno:

Goobylal
03-19-2008, 01:19 PM

The Bills added another decent CB. His name is William James.

As for WR, outside of Moss (who wasn't leaving NE for Buffalo), none of the other guys were any great shakes. And guys like Walker, Porter, Berrian, and Stallworth got ridiculous deals, so they were never a consideration.

Would Johnson have been nice for 1-year? I don't know. The Bills didn't think he was worth it and didn't offer him a big long-term deal, so I doubt they viewed him as the answer as a #2 WR.

WRT TE, there were no great ones available. The best was probably Crumpler, who has age, weight, and knee problems. Better off using the draft here anyway.

colin
03-19-2008, 01:29 PM
why we are better:

O -- line together for one more year, healthy (peters was out for a couple games, that hurt us bad).
-- we had 3 RBs in their first nfl or rookie pro year, big step up
-- our qb was a rook, now he is the man coming into camp. with a smart qb learning all year that as an enormous change for the better.
-- new OC > stepchild
-- we will draft a WR and a TE (after having signed a better TE already). that's a lot of firepower to add

D
-- added a CB, will prolly add another in draft
-- getting back our DBs who got hurt, including ko all season
-- poz over dipizza -- more size, speed, and talent. aggressive young guy at MLB
-- mitchell is a physical force at WLB, and loses very little in coverage over ellison.

- DE -- kelsay and denney are healthy. that helps. johnson will do the hargrove DE/DT thing so we have another fresh body with size and push
-- DT well, stroud over williams as a starter is HUGE, willaims over that dude as a back up is nice as well. that's a lot of extra push in the middle
-- mccargo being healthy having a full TC is a big upgrade over trips who never panned out, and johnson will be rotating in so we have 2 legit 1 tech and 2 legit 3 tech.

on special teams our kickers are all the same (and are both very good) our young guys like wendling are getting better, and elison and di pizza are now available for extra push.

i am assuming we get at least 2 bodies to contribute to our O in the draft, but with our picks that is a fairly safa assumption.

rookies growing up and accross the board improvement in our D, along with the rookies we will be drafting, you have to be on crack not to see that as a big improvement.

TedMock
03-19-2008, 01:40 PM

There are more reasons that others have stated, but I think you've answered your own question here - sort of. We should be better, but I don't know if that means the record will reflect that. It depends on how the other teams did. Miami and the Jets also made some moves. We'll see how that pans out. As for us being better - you said we signed an above average LB and an above average DT (I'd say he's a top-tier DT when healthy). These two are replacing a below average LB and a below average DT. Instant upgrade!

Price was a non-factor, so we won't possibly be any worse off. Better is the only option here. We've added depth to the DB positions and I think a round 1 or 2 CB will be fine with the improved front 7.

bflojohn
03-19-2008, 01:43 PM
I am of the opinion that the front office weighed the offensive free agents versus the talent available in the draft and made a conscious decision to wait until the draft! The beauty of this strategy is the FACT that the draft is DEEP exactly where we need help!! The WR, CB, and TE positions are stocked this year, IMO, and that simple evaluation is prompting the Bills to hold their water and NOT overspend for inferior talent in free agency. The combined effect is going to build both the offense and defense enough to compete for a playoff spot barring injury. I do agree that depth at OT and DT/DE are still draft day considerations that can and should be addressed....But I do not think the Bills are running in place, I'd say that their offseason to date is a B- and the draft probably will push it into A territory!!!

justasportsfan
03-19-2008, 01:52 PM
I am of the opinion that the front office weighed the offensive free agents versus the talent available in the draft and made a conscious decision to wait until the draft! The beauty of this strategy is the FACT that the draft is DEEP exactly where we need help!! The WR, CB, and TE positions are stocked this year, IMO, and that simple evaluation is prompting the Bills to hold their water and NOT overspend for inferior talent in free agency. The combined effect is going to build both the offense and defense enough to compete for a playoff spot barring injury. I do agree that depth at OT and DT/DE are still draft day considerations that can and should be addressed....But I do not think the Bills are running in place, I'd say that their offseason to date is a B- and the draft probably will push it into A territory!!!
I agree which is most likely why the very first players they went after in FA were the players they really wanted and they were defensive players.

The offensive ones were probably the so-so players they didn't mind having but weren't gonna overpay for. the type of players the bills wouldn't lose any sleep over if they didn't land them.

I believe they will be addressed via the draft. Don't know what they are gonna do for the fb position though. It'll be hard for a rookie to just come in and plow away at the pro level.

TacklingDummy
03-19-2008, 02:16 PM

The Jets and Fins also improved this off-season the Bills might not be 7-9 again. Considering 4 of the Bills wins were against Jets/Fins, 1 against the Bengals, Ravens, and Skins.

Philagape
03-19-2008, 04:05 PM
The offseason key will be how fast the rookies on offense are ready to make an impact, if any. The D should be significantly better, which puts us in 8-8 territory, and if they score in the draft and upgrade the offense, that should mean playoffs.
All that's assuming Trent takes the next step, which isn't a given, not that anything is.

Marvelous
03-19-2008, 05:18 PM

Why are you? Are we supposed to? Nobody told me that i was supposed to assume post 7-9 is a must? I must be outta the loop.

hydro
03-19-2008, 05:32 PM

:tap:

HHURRICANE
03-19-2008, 06:08 PM

I will answer your question because it's fair.

But bofre I do my point is that this off-season is looking like the last two which produced back to back 7-9 seasons. Hoping that rookies will get us to the promised land is somewhat unrealistic. Look at POZ. He was supposed to address a key need and he was gone after 2 games. If we draft Kelly we have to prey that he can start and stay healthy all season? Not a desirable situation to be in.

As for the off-season I like the three moves on D although I believe Mitchell is a small upgrade coming form a great defensive team. We saw what Tripplett looked like when he had a different supporting cast.

I certainly would have signed a TE and at least 2 WRs. Considering how inept our offense was it's mind-boggling that we could just ignore an area where we ranked almost dead last. Evans-Kelly-Reed-Parrish-Royal-Gaines is not going to win us very many games.

THATHURMANATOR
03-19-2008, 06:11 PM

But bofre I do my point is that this off-season is looking like the last two which produced back to back 7-9 seasons. Hoping that rookies will get us to the promised land is somewhat unrealistic. Look at POZ. He was supposed to address a key need and he was gone after 2 games. If we draft Kelly we have to prey that he can start and stay healthy all season? Not a desirable situation to be in.

As for the off-season I like the three moves on D although I believe Mitchell is a small upgrade coming form a great defensive team. We saw what Tripplett looked like when he had a different supporting cast.

I certainly would have signed a TE and at least 2 WRs. Considering how inept our offense was it's mind-boggling that we could just ignore an area where we ranked almost dead last. Evans-Kelly-Reed-Parrish-Royal-Gaines is not going to win us very many games.

You didnt even answer the question at all. WHO would you have brought in?

Goobylal
03-19-2008, 06:13 PM

Okay then, the next question is, what FA WR('s) and TE would you have signed and how can you be sure they would have been more than "small upgrades?" You seem to want to discount the additions of Stroud, Mitchell, and Johnson, yet you're making it sound like there were great WR's and TE's to be had this off-season, which was hardly the case.

THATHURMANATOR
03-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Mitchell is not a super star I know but I think he is more than a slight upgrade over Ellison... :shakeno:

Lexwhat
03-19-2008, 06:19 PM

I somewhat agree with you.

I like the moves we made this offseason, but I don't think our offense is gonna be much better than last year. The problem is that Free Agency didn't have much to offer, although we should've signed at least 1 WR.

Building through the draft is fine, but I doubt we will make the playoffs this year relying on offensive rookies. Maybe 2009 will be a good year.

The main reason we probably won't make the playoffs:
- There are at least 6 AFC teams that are still significantly better than us. Sure, the schedules could work in our favor, but I don't count on it ...

1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Browns
4. Colts
5. Jaguars
6. Chargers

IMO, we are not much different than the Broncos, Titans, or Bengals either.

HHURRICANE
03-19-2008, 06:31 PM
You didnt even answer the question at all. WHO would you have brought in?

The list is long but Ryan, Utecht, Hartsock, Crumpler at TE comes to mind. McCardell, Stallworth, or Perry for WR.

FA is always a crap shoot but lettting Gaines walk and picking up Anderson isn't exactly improving. The Bills needed to shore up their weakest area with a player or two. Now we are stuck with hoping a rookie improves the worst offense in the league. Think about it.

HHURRICANE
03-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Mitchell is not a super star I know but I think he is more than a slight upgrade over Ellison... :shakeno:

I said he was an upgrade. What's your argument?

THATHURMANATOR
03-19-2008, 06:39 PM
The list is long but Ryan, Utecht, Hartsock, Crumpler at TE comes to mind. McCardell, Stallworth, or Perry for WR.

FA is always a crap shoot but lettting Gaines walk and picking up Anderson isn't exactly improving. The Bills needed to shore up their weakest area with a player or two. Now we are stuck with hoping a rookie improves the worst offense in the league. Think about it.
None of those TE excite me AT ALL. You talk about a surrounding cast make the player better in Mitchells case then you bring Utecht. Look at the team he was on. Crumpler has a degenerative knee condition and is 30.

Keenan Mcardell? Isnt he like 40? Stallworth maybe but I am not sold on him without brady throwing and Moss on the other side. Perry? Not a fan

Yes Anderson and Gaines are one in the same I will agree with that.

Goobylal
03-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Since you answered my question as well, I'll respond to this post.

McCardell or Perry? Surely you can't be serious. McCardell is as done as Price was and Perry is a nobody. And Stallworth for what he got? No way. The only guy the Bills should have pursued were Wilford and Bryant Johnson, and neither was even a clear-cut #2 WR given their histories with their former teams.

As for TE, Crumpler is the only one worthwhile that you mentioned. But he's no spring chicken and there are questions about his knees.

Marvelous
03-19-2008, 10:48 PM
There's always those fans who are seek us to be like Washington... The Bills fan who cares soo much about TE says alot about the btching. <IMO..
--I see 10 wins last year if it weren't for the " 17 on IR...
---We did get Marcus freakin Stroud and Mitchel.. Not too shaby EH.

Why you boohooing bro?

jamze132
03-20-2008, 03:07 AM

Our offense will be upgraded in the draft. Our defense, if healthy will be much better than last years.

Think about this... Most of the players on our defense last year had no business starting anywhere in the NFL. For the most part, they are backups. So this year, granted we are healthy, those players who were forced to play last year, gained some valuable experience filling in.

That is great depth which a lot of teams don't have due to not having as many injuries as we have had. So if we have an injury or two, we KNOW we have someone who can step in and play at a resonable level. A lot of teams don't KNOW what they have behind the starter. At least now we do, and that is an advantage for us.

By them playing last year, we also found out what certain players can't do as well. So we don't have to find out on the fly that someone can't play man to man by giving up a huge play with a score. We can avaoid certain situations by knowing who we have and what their capabilities are. It's a luxury most teams don't have.

colin
03-20-2008, 07:47 AM
There's always those fans who are seek us to be like Washington... The Bills fan who cares soo much about TE says alot about the btching. <IMO..
--I see 10 wins last year if it weren't for the " 17 on IR...
---We did get Marcus freakin Stroud and Mitchel.. Not too shaby EH.

Why you boohooing bro?

exactly.

everyone wants who they thought was good before because "you never know with rookies". well that's true WE never know, but a good front office can get rookies who can make a positive solid and growing contribution.

the giants would not have won without smith's contribution late. gonzalas was a real player for the colts as well. it might take a rook a while to come on, but they CAN come on late in the year and often have the fresh legs and speed to make vets look like they are standing still (see pats D).

i wanted some of the fa wr's, but either we sign a guy cheap and draft one, or we trade for a stud like roy williams. no reason to drop 7 a year on porter.

feelthepain
03-20-2008, 10:12 AM
The Jets and Fins also improved this off-season the Bills might not be 7-9 again. Considering 4 of the Bills wins were against Jets/Fins, 1 against the Bengals, Ravens, and Skins.

I'm not sure how much the Dolphins have improved, but I don't think the Bills have been winning against Miami because they're better. I think the games just happened to go the Bills way. In the last two seasons Miami has beaten much better teams then the Bills, so it's not likely the Bills beat the Dolphins because they are better.

2 of the 4 games the Dolphins have lost to the Bills the last 2 years Miami should have won. Miami played better and put up better numbers and 2 of those 4 games Ronnie Brown didn't even play. I think Miami has made a push this offseason to get younger, bigger and faster. Do I think the players we've signed a super talented? No, but we have made a huge push to improve ST, and depth positions. I also think the attitude the new coaching staff brings will make a difference. How much? We'll have to wait and see.

Romes
03-20-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure how much the Dolphins have improved, but I don't think the Bills have been winning against Miami because they're better. I think the games just happened to go the Bills way. In the last two seasons Miami has beaten much better teams then the Bills, so it's not likely the Bills beat the Dolphins because they are better.

2 of the 4 games the Dolphins have lost to the Bills the last 2 years Miami should have won. Miami played better and put up better numbers and 2 of those 4 games Ronnie Brown didn't even play. I think Miami has made a push this offseason to get younger, bigger and faster. Do I think the players we've signed a super talented? No, but we have made a huge push to improve ST, and depth positions. I also think the attitude the new coaching staff brings will make a difference. How much? We'll have to wait and see.

:rofl:

Your attempts at being objective are hilarious.

justasportsfan
03-20-2008, 10:51 AM
but I don't think the Bills have been winning against Miami because they're better. I think the games just happened to go the Bills way. In the last two seasons Miami has beaten much better teams then the Bills, so it's not likely the Bills beat the Dolphins because they are better.

If it was a 1 year thing then I'd understand. We've owned you for a while now and it's because "we're better" . Give it a rest. The results don't lie. FACTS DON'T LIE!

1-15. Not only were we better , the fins WERE the WORST in the league. The fins are drafting first! If that doesn't give you a clue I don't what will.

Jan Reimers
03-20-2008, 10:54 AM
I've found the Ignore feature fits feelthepain like a glove.

feelthepain
03-20-2008, 11:43 AM
:rofl:

Your attempts at being objective are hilarious.

Not nearly as hilarious as Bill fans boasting every signing will ensure certain playoff status.

Romes
03-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Not nearly as hilarious as Bill fans boasting every signing will ensure certain playoff status.

Objectively speaking, they are about equal. :up:

hydro
03-20-2008, 12:10 PM

Oh and posters on finheaven does nothing of the sort? Puhhhleaseeee

mysticsoto
03-20-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure how much the Dolphins have improved, but I don't think the Bills have been winning against Miami because they're better. I think the games just happened to go the Bills way.

:lolabove: