• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Ocho Cinco needs a "fresh start"

Yes please. I'd give up the #2 pick quite quickly to get him.

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: Ocho Cinco needs a "fresh start"

No thanks. He had a few concussions this season and is also a distraction.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
      • Oct 2002

Good player, big jackass.. No way on him..

Comment

• evol4276
        • Oct 2005

but he's a proven producer and was i believe the league leader for wr's in yards 2 years ago. and he's not really a distraction. now if he was going out getting in trouble all the time, then i'd agree. he and lynch almost seem to have the same sense of humor so i don't see as that being a bad thing. however i do agree with the concussion thing, but he definately is a phenom. id love it, but, uh.. doubt it

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by madmaxwell

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
          A fresh start to start making a whole new team rotten? As good as he is, and I think hes top 2, Im saying screw him.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

No thanks.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by madmaxwell

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
              Watch the a-hole Pats go and trade for him.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Bring him in for a fresh start here. Moss was a a-hole forever, looked like crap ever since he left minny and then last season he pulled his stuff together by getting direction from the coaches.

Get the coaches to work with OC and have him play / focus on his game not his mouth. Moss shut it last year and was arguably one of the best to play at WR via total output. OC can get it together as well.

Comment

• evol4276
                  • Oct 2005

wth moss was a "rotten apple" and look what he did this last year. 85 has been on an immature team, so i think in a different system he can tone down the antics but he never seems like he isn't focused on football. so what if he does commercials and has antics? freakin clinton portis dresses up as various characters during press interviews, though people find that okay. and when has he become a detriment to any team? i must be completely blind if i've failed to notice this

Comment

• capitolneal
                    • Sep 2003

I would give my 1st for him

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                      Bring him in for a fresh start here. Moss was a a-hole forever, looked like crap ever since he left minny and then last season he pulled his stuff together by getting direction from the coaches.

Get the coaches to work with OC and have him play him focus on his game and not his mouth. Moss shut it last year and was arguably one of the best to play at WR via total output.
                      So Moss goes to a multi year super bowl team with what many think is the top QB in the game, goes undefeated in the regualr season, and almost wins the superbowl

and

He didnt complain?

Wow, I will bet the Pats let out a big whew when they dodged that bullet.

Seriously, what in the love of jobe could he complian about.

But you think CJ would come here, with a 2nd year QB, after a 7-9 season, and quietly watch as we try to build toward a playoff game?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                        So Moss goes to a multi year super bowl team with what many think is the top QB in the game, goes undefeated in the regualr season, and almost wins the superbowl

and

He didnt complain?

But you think CJ would come here, with a 2nd year QB, after a 7-9 season, and quietly watch as we try to build toward a playoff game?
                        You have to understand that Minny did make the playoffs with Moss on the roster, as a matter of fact they almost made the SB. He was a total JO the whole year, team was really good but yet he opened his mouth.

I cannot honestly say how OC would behave, no one can really. I think you have to add alot of performance clauses in any contract with him so he knows the score going in.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                          You have to understand that Minny did make the playoffs with Moss on the roster, as a matter of fact they almost made the SB. He was a total JO the whole year, team was really good but yet he opened his mouth.

I cannot honestly say how OC would behave, no one can really. I think you have to add alot of performance clauses in any contract with him so he knows the score going in.
                          But your asking for a player that has been a clown (and yes, it used to be in a good way) to completely change his character.

If that doesnt happen and hes going on ESPN or NFLN trashing our team, how would the move look then? What real tangible evidence do we have that he wont in fact do just that?

Comment

• evol4276
                            • Oct 2005

and

He didnt complain?

he never said anything about him wanting to come here, but it's no different than wanting any unrealistic FA like what we always see on here. and i know he's not a FA im just saying. now with the moss deal, there was much stipulation with him at the beginning of the year if you remember correctly.

well TO was the same way, and correct me if im wrong, he went on a team with a good qb. no he's not a brady, but he's not a bum (he just sucks at preparing for playoff games). the Cowboys have been a playoff team both years, right? and while he was quiet this year and seemed to mature a little bit more, he still had that first year in which you couldnt turn espn on without hearing about him and his troubles. not every person's the same, and i never really thought Moss was that much of a trouble-maker. or at least not as much as a TO. And Johnson, well, he isn't even in the same boat as these fellas. sure he loves the media, but he seems to be the counter-opposite of that. if anything i think houshmanzadeh is more irritable than he, and i like him too.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

and

He didnt complain?

Moss after getting buried by the Giants in 2001-

Three things we learned after the Vikings-Giants game

Click here for more on this story
                              Posted: Sunday January 14, 2001 7:56 PM
                              Updated: Monday January 15, 2001 8:21 AM

Daunte Culpepper (right) was only able to find Randy Moss twice for 18 yards in a stalled Vikings offensive effort. AP

By Don Banks, Sports Illustrated
                              EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- In what may have been the NFL equivalent of a perfect game, the New York Giants left Minnesota beaten, dazed and confused in Sunday's NFC title game, burying the Vikings 41-0 beneath a blizzard of first-half points. Here are three observations from the game:
                              1. A frustrated Randy Moss didn't say it directly, but in so many words he put his finger on what a lot of people are starting to think: Minnesota will never win a Super Bowl until it starts devoting as much attention and resources to its defense as it does its star-studded offense.
                              Moss went so far in the losing locker room to predict there would be a Super Bowl in his future, but perhaps not with the Vikings.
                              "It's going to be hard for us to win a Super Bowl in Minnesota," Moss said in his usual blunt style. "I don't want to really say Minnesota is never going to win the Super Bowl, but it's going to be hard for them to get it. ... I can't really say I'm going to be a Minnesota Viking in a couple years."
                              SI's Don Banks
                              Insider: On a day he has waited a football lifetime for, Kerry Collins discovered that sometimes the mistakes of the past can be made up for in one glorious afternoon.

If that sounded strangely like the opening salvo in Moss's upcoming contract extension talks, it was in all likelihood no accident. Moss also added that he hoped fellow receiver Cris Carter returns to the team next year, and doesn't retire, as long as he doesn't do so with Super Bowl expectations.

Comment

Working...
                              X