PDA

View Full Version : After signing William James (Peterson).....

BILLSROCK1212
03-18-2008, 08:02 PM
We should probably trade back in round 1 draft a WR and then take a TE and Antoine Cason with our following picks. This is my best guess towards our strategy in the draft because it wont make much sense to say at 11 I think we almost NEED to trade back.

evol4276
03-18-2008, 08:07 PM
that wuld make sense. lay back in the 1st and grab a non-reachable wr and be as fine with that as we would have been if we picked them at 11. unless someone somehow falls to us, no need to sit at 11 imo

acattack15
03-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Trade back till 20's and draft Devin Thomas or whichever WRthat drops a bit(Limas Sweed/Malcolm Kelly). The grab a TE- Fred Davis/Kellen Davis/ and a solid CB or DE also, i really like Antoine Cason, w solid CB with OK 40time, whos underrated.

i like the idea of trading down tho

BILLSROCK1212
03-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Antoine Cason is made for a Cover 2, I am not the best talent evaluator by watching footage but he definitely seems like he would fare well in our system.

venis2k1
03-18-2008, 08:43 PM
You cant trade down without a partner. We tried in 2006, couldnt and drafted whitner. It makes sense to move down, but the only way we will is if there is a player on the board a team is willing to give up multiple picks for. At this point, i just dont see that happening at 11.

askabry
03-18-2008, 08:49 PM
James can play some. Didn't break the bank to get him; and I have to wonder if our FO sees him as the quality we need at CB. I'm not convinced he takes us out of position to drafting a CB in the first.

I *do* think his signing opens us up to moving down now in the first.

mysticsoto
03-18-2008, 08:56 PM
You cant trade down without a partner. We tried in 2006, couldnt and drafted whitner. It makes sense to move down, but the only way we will is if there is a player on the board a team is willing to give up multiple picks for. At this point, i just dont see that happening at 11.

People always make it sound like trading down is so easy. Somebody has to fall such that a team will want to give up drafts picks in order to trade up. Not easy at all and often unlikely...if it happens, great. But the odds are very against it.

Oaf
03-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Trade back till 20's and draft Devin Thomas or whichever WRthat drops a bit(Limas Sweed/Malcolm Kelly). The grab a TE- Fred Davis/Kellen Davis/ and a solid CB or DE also, i really like Antoine Cason, w solid CB with OK 40time, whos underrated.

i like the idea of trading down tho

Okay, I'm starting to get steamed a bit now. Stop this trade down talk. Because, no one wants to trade up these days. Draft picks are more valuable than ever and everyone looks to get picks and pay less than vice versa. So why speculate when 95% of the time it doesn't even come close to happening. After round 1 is a different story. Believe it or not, we have to mentally ready to pick someone at 11, BPA or need based even if it's a slight reach.

jamze132
03-19-2008, 04:13 AM
I say we stay at #11 and gaurantee we get one of the, if not the top WR in the draft. With our 2nd rounder, we need to get the best TE available.

Night Train
03-19-2008, 04:23 AM
I say we stay at #11 and gaurantee we get one of the, if not the top WR in the draft. With our 2nd rounder, we need to get the best TE available.

Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed better be the savior that many make them out to be. The manlove of some here creeps me out. " He's a Freak, Beast, my boy ! "

Both have injury historys and Sweed looked terrible, dropping multiple balls at the combine. If his wrist is STILL a problem, he won't be the #11 pick. Neither will Kelly, if he physically doesn't check out. Christ, he STILL can't even work out ! Major red flags.

I'm well aware of their height but that doesn't mean they're automatically the 2nd coming of Plaxico.

The Draft doesn't begin and end with Kelly & Sweed.

jamze132
03-20-2008, 02:57 AM
Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed better be the savior that many make them out to be. The manlove of some here creeps me out. " He's a Freak, Beast, my boy ! "

Both have injury historys and Sweed looked terrible, dropping multiple balls at the combine. If his wrist is STILL a problem, he won't be the #11 pick. Neither will Kelly, if he physically doesn't check out. Christ, he STILL can't even work out ! Major red flags.

I'm well aware of their height but that doesn't mean they're automatically the 2nd coming of Plaxico.

The Draft doesn't begin and end with Kelly & Sweed.
The draft is a complete craps-shoot. So all we can do is do the research and pick the best WR available.

Mahdi
03-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Okay, I'm starting to get steamed a bit now. Stop this trade down talk. Because, no one wants to trade up these days. Draft picks are more valuable than ever and everyone looks to get picks and pay less than vice versa. So why speculate when 95% of the time it doesn't even come close to happening. After round 1 is a different story. Believe it or not, we have to mentally ready to pick someone at 11, BPA or need based even if it's a slight reach.
Thats not true at all... teams trade up all the time... For that reason the Pats have an extra 1st as do the cowboys. Teams will pay when they want a player bad enough. We traded up twice in the last 2 years also.