X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xXSpIkes5IXx
    • Mar 2006

Don't forget we had 17 injuries last season

Ive read threads saying we havent done enough to improve our team this offseason, and that we will have a 7-9 record again this coming season.

I just don't see it, we have a more favorable schedule, we get players like Ko and Poz back on defense plus the aquisitions Stroud, Johnson, Mitchell, and now James..you have to agree that the defense cant be worse, even after releasing Tripplett, who did absolutely nothing in his two years here.

On offense, you have to hope that Trent will be better, and the offense will perform with continuity at the QB position. Plus you add in the effect of a probable first round wide reciever, not to mention utilizing Fred Jackson for a whole season instead of the last 5 games.

Another overlooked factor is that last season our special teams suffered because guys who came into the season as special teamers like Digiorgio were taken off the unit because they were needed on defense.

I just don't see how this team is not better off... can someone explain this?
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Re: Don't forget we had 17 injuries last season

Originally posted by xXSpIkes5IXx
    On offense, you have to hope that Trent will be better, and the offense will perform with continuity at the QB position. .

I think thats the problem most people have. Not too many key injurys to the offense last year. Price. Peters for one game. Lynch for 3.

we stunk on offense last year and have done nothing to improve.

To say Lets hope edwards gets better, and a rookie can play doesnt make me want to go out and get season tickets.

Comment

• xXSpIkes5IXx
      • Mar 2006

Can we really be WORSE on offense?

My point is that the team is better off next season, i didnt say we are going to turn into the colts

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

Get used to it man. I made a similar thread and got ZERO replies. Everybody wants to live in their own fantasy land. We should go out and sign every FA available because we don't have any home grown talent on our roster worth a damn.

I agree with ya!

I'm happy with Stroud and Mitchell as our big signings.. Let's get more depth and let's build through the draft, we are in a great position to do so.

Comment

• DrGraves
          • Mar 2008

Good post... I agree with you that we are overlooking the injuries... and the D will DEFINITELY be better... and i think you're right about trent showing more improvement and the situation with jackson... but even with jackson for 16 games, and with trent playing more solidly... i still dont think the bills are a team that can consistently get into the endzone 3 times a game (or even twice really). We need to do something more to get us there, then I will believe.

Comment

• acehole
            • Jan 2006

None are forgeting this except those who blame the QB.
            Ive read threads saying we havent done enough to improve our team this offseason, and that we will have a 7-9 record again this coming season.

I just don't see it, we have a more favorable schedule, we get players like Ko and Poz back on defense plus the aquisitions Stroud, Johnson, Mitchell, and now James..you have to agree that the defense cant be worse, even after releasing Tripplett, who did absolutely nothing in his two years here.

On offense, you have to hope that Trent will be better, and the offense will perform with continuity at the QB position. Plus you add in the effect of a probable first round wide reciever, not to mention utilizing Fred Jackson for a whole season instead of the last 5 games.

Another overlooked factor is that last season our special teams suffered because guys who came into the season as special teamers like Digiorgio were taken off the unit because they were needed on defense.

Hated by the stupid..
            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• pintonick96
              You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by venis2k1
              I think thats the problem most people have. Not too many key injurys to the offense last year. Price. Peters for one game. Lynch for 3.

To say Lets hope edwards gets better, and a rookie can play doesnt make me want to go out and get season tickets.
              Not getting season tickets? Go root for someone else then. Ive had seasons since 92 and have been through the ups and downs and I still love this team and will continue to have seasons until I die. You wanna be a band wagon fan? Go root for NE. I want real fans at the games with me.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by venis2k1

Going from a rookie QB to a non-rookie QB is a huge upgrade. As for the O-line, Brad Butler barely worked-out or played in the off-season/pre-season, and should be much better this year, while Dockery and Walker will have had a full year in the system. At WR, the Bills will be adding one in the draft as well as a TE. And Lynch won't be a rookie anymore either. I also think that Schonert will be an improvement over Fairchild.

And with an improved defense, as they say, "the best offense is a good defense."

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

You make some good points, especially regarding Jackson.

However, our WR's and TE's couldn't get open and alot of it had to do with Reed and Price being slow, Pariish getting man-handled at the line, and having no threats at TE or the #5 position. Shutting down Evans became super easy and left us with no other options.

So we are not improved if we can't get at least 2 high caliber WRs. I could easily see another 7-9 season without this not getting address. Time to put our egos away and trade for Ocho.

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Tripplett- In the last two years has: 68 Tackles/3.5 sacks/10 passes defended/1 int.

Stroud- In the last two years has: 42 tackles/5.5 sacks/3 passes defended/ 0 int's

You claim "Tripplett has done absolutley nothing in his 2 seasons with the Bills", what do you have to say about Stroud? I think Bill fans continue to believe Stroud is what he was three years ago. You can't count on him being that player till he rebounds and proves to still be that player. If anything he's a big question mark, not a big upgrade.

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by feelthepain
                      Tripplett- In the last two years has: 68 Tackles/3.5 sacks/10 passes defended/1 int.

Stroud- In the last two years has: 42 tackles/5.5 sacks/3 passes defended/ 0 int's

You claim "Tripplett has done absolutley nothing in his 2 seasons with the Bills", what do you have to say about Stroud? I think Bill fans continue to believe Stroud is what he was three years ago. You can't count on him being that player till he rebounds and proves to still be that player. If anything he's a big question mark, not a big upgrade.
                      The difference is that Tripplett played in and started 32 games the past 2 years, and Stroud played in and started 20 games the past 2 years. Multiply Stroud's stats by 1.6 and then see what you get.

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
                        The difference is that Tripplett played in and started 32 games the past 2 years, and Stroud played in and started 20 games the past 2 years. Multiply Stroud's stats by 1.6 and then see what you get.
                        So Stroud missing time due to injury and drug suspension and not helping the Jags doesn't really matter or count, casuse Bill fans will just make up numbers to make his signing seem terriffic? But Tripplett actually playing and helping the Bills doesn't mean squat, because he's not "Stroud"? Got it!!

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by feelthepain
                          So Stroud missing time due to injury and drug suspension and not helping the Jags doesn't really matter or count, casuse Bill fans will just make up numbers to make his signing seem terriffic? But Tripplett actually playing and helping the Bills doesn't mean squat, because he's not "Stroud"? Got it!!
                          Not exactly. You gave numbers over the past 2 seasons, without regards to number of games played. That's like me saying that Lynch outrushed Ronnie Brown this past season, thus he's clearly a better RB.

As for the injury and drug concerns, I'm not worried about him failing another test. But injury is a concern, and it's always a concern for any player. But when healthy, there's no comparison between Stroud and Tripplett.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

We should be at a point where we can do more than exclaim 'Whoopee! We got a new OC and a few players that aren't rookies anymore! Can't wait for the draft!' regarding the offense.

But...it is what it is.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
                              We should be at a point where we can do more than exclaim 'Whoopee! We got a new OC and a few players that aren't rookies anymore! Can't wait for the draft!' regarding the offense.

But...it is what it is.
                              Exactly. It is what it is. Free agency wasn't great for WR's and TE's.

Comment

Working...
                              X