• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schobel94
    The Sack Master
    • Jan 2003

Dallas Clarke

Call me crazy, but I think we should pick this guy up in the first round if the right DE is not there, or even if he is. He's just what we need. He fast, agile, strong, has good hands, gets off blocks, and most importantly gets open. He won't be there in the 2nd round probably (if he is that would be awsome), but I would take him over Witten. I think we can get a DE in rd 2 if necessary, there will be a couple decent ones, plus after hearing how well Jones's rehab is going, he might turn out pretty well. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Schobel94; 04-12-2003, 05:29 PM.
    Beware the sack master!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

You're crazy

A TE in the first round might be a bit of a stretch but you never know. I think we'll just go for best available.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I think you have it backwards, Schobel94 .

We grab the best available DE in the forst round, and Clark or Whitten will be there in rd 2.

The drop off in talent between Clark and Whitten is small compared to the big drop in abilities in the DE you get at #23 compared to #46.

Comment

• Schobel94
        The Sack Master
        • Jan 2003

Just to add on look at his times:
        3.85 shuttle, only one guy, CB Terrance Newman, ran a better shuttle at the combine at 3.83.
        6.33 cone, no one at the combine ran a better cone
        4.61 40, now thats pretty fast for a TE, thats WR fast

And he's a Jr, I always love picking up younger guys. I've been bitten by the Clarke bug.
        Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Schobel94
          The Sack Master
          • Jan 2003

Witten and Clarke will be gone in Rd. 2, most definately. Just look at what a good TE did for NYG. Shockey is a great athlete who did wonders for his team. I think Clarke is a lot like Shockey, without the attitude. I think a decent DE will be there in rd. 2 like Redding, but Clarke wont be.
          Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Yeah- but what I'm saying is, he will be there with the #2

spending a #1 on him is a waste. If you want to trade down with GB or oakland, then grab Clarke really late - then I'm for it. But don't blow your wad early.

I'd rather get a DeWayne White or Jerome McDougal in Rd 1 and then take my chances with Dallas Clarke in Rd 2.

BTW- They don't play against cones in the NFL.

Comment

• Winfield_26
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

I agree Dozer, I dont think both Witten and Clark will be gone come our pick in rd 2. Im not so sure on taking a DE there with the #23 but thats another topic. Taking Dallas Clarke at #23 is a wasted pick.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Throne Logic
                Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                • Aug 2002

There is no way in hell TD drafts a TE in the first round. I'd be surprised if he drafted one in the second round.

Shockey is a rare talent. And a head-case, I might add.
                Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Schobel94
                  The Sack Master
                  • Jan 2003

I bet 2000 zonebucks both will be gone by our 2nd round pick. Any takers?
                  Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Doc
                    • Dec 2002

If Clark is the target, trade down to the end of the 1st round. Pick up an extra 3rd.

Comment

• Bert102176
                      • Aug 2002

I think it would be very possible to trade and get both of Oaklands picks at the end of the first and there we could get a DE, and 1 of the 2 TE's or a WR
                      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Bert102176
                        • Aug 2002

I would really like Clark though myself, and a WR I say a DE can wait.:dolfelon:
                        Last edited by Bert102176; 04-12-2003, 06:50 PM.
                        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Well, tell me who will take these guys with their picks ahead of the Bills?

And more importantly, who will be NOT taken by these teams falling to us?

Comment

• Schobel94
                            The Sack Master
                            • Jan 2003

St. Louis will probably take him, they need a TE, theirs left. Philly might also, so would NO. I would love to trade down. Hell, if we traded with Oakland for their two picks, that would be awsome!! Although that would never happen. I would be for trading down for an extra 3rd or 4th.
                            Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Schobel94
                              St. Louis will probably take him, they need a TE, theirs left. Philly might also, so would NO. I would love to trade down. Hell, if we traded with Oakland for their two picks, that would be awsome!! Although that would never happen. I would be for trading down for an extra 3rd or 4th.
                              New Orleans Offense is in pretty good shape- their defense was horrid. They could not stop the run. They are a prime candidate to use both their picks on defense. TE is their 4th or 5th priority on the list. I bet they take somebody like Sullivan and EJ Henderson.

Philly needs to address the loss of Hugh Douglas. Again, TE is not #1 on their list. But they are the strongest case you can make for picking the first TE in the draft. If a run on QB's occurs freeing up a DL or two, they may go for it.

God knows what St Louis would do. But logic says the Rams fix some of their holes on defense. I'm guessing a LB. Martz is a wild card and does make picks out of left field. TE would be a stretch, even for him. Teyo Johnson of Stanford would be more his speed, a TE that is WR fast and camn play multiple positions.

Don't get me wrong- Clark would be a great addition to the team- if he's there at #2 I grab him in a second. But Gilbride never uses his TE's in his offenses, so why waste a #1 on one?

Comment

Working...
                              X