PDA

View Full Version : Are Bills fans now getting to greedy? YES OR NO?

Buffalo Billy Bison
04-12-2003, 07:37 PM
My question is. "Are Bills fans getting to greedy"? After the obvious success the Bills have had up to this date, many Bills fans don't seem happy or appriciative of what TD has done to make our 2003 Buffalo Bills the best that they can be! Atleast on paper.

If your happy with the present team, please reply YES or NO if your not. Elaborate if you want or just respond with yes or no.

:confused:

Ð
04-12-2003, 07:40 PM
Show me the ring :D

Dozerdog
04-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Yes- I'm estatic!

I think most fans on the boards would agree with me.

After the obvious success the Bills have had up to this date, many Bills fans don't seem happy or appriciative of what TD has done to make our 2003 Buffalo Bills the best that they can be!

You have me at a loss here- where is this dissatisfaction you tell me about? Let's hunt them down and kill them...:jk:

kgun12
04-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Yes, just remember Bills fans are never happy. When we win our first SB (when ever that is) people will complain that we should of won it by more points! lol

Ingtar33
04-12-2003, 08:03 PM
No...

I for one am ecstatic with the change... and think we could go out right now and compete with any team in the league... every person we draft or sign from this point on will just be gravy, and will be a further addition which might bring us a ring.

ublinkwescore
04-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Haven't been this happy in a long time.

Mr. Miyagi
04-12-2003, 08:36 PM
I'm happy as a Bills fan at this point, but when those Cheesy Packer fans around here ask me "So how many SuperBowls did the Bills win again???", I don't have an answer for them. I won't be completely satified until I can say "More than the Packers won." :)

ublinkwescore
04-12-2003, 09:01 PM
With TD in power, that might be in the very near future - maybe we should clone TD, Moulds, Henry - but give him bigger hands a la Antowain Smith, Big Mike, PW, Spikes, Schobel, Bledsoe, Wire, Clements, and Winfield.

Captain gameboy
04-12-2003, 09:06 PM
I'm real happy, but I think there might be a bit of irrational exuberance showing. We'll have a lot of new faces in the starting lineup on defense, and that might take some time to come together.

Our offense didn't play particularly well in a few games at the end of the season, and we've got to make up for the Price loss.

Nonetheless, I haven't been this optimistic since 91.

XNOUGHT
04-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Pats......Super Bowl Champs

Bills.......In progress

:pet: ;)

Schobel94
04-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Correction: Pats... used to be SB Champs... not any more if you remember they didn't even make the playoffs. That title belongs to TB now lol

BillsFanInMass
04-12-2003, 09:23 PM
yes i am happy

Buffalo Billy Bison
04-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Mr. Miyagi, the problem with Packer fans in Wisconsin is they forget the saying of, "those who live in the past a dumed to fail, or what have you done for me lately?

You could ask them, when was the last time the Packers won 4 NFC Championships in a row?

Maybe you can just describe a comparison between the Bills off season and the Packers?

Sometimes you just get locked up :dolfelon: in living in the past and have to wait and see.

Don't know is any of this helps, but I thought it was worth as try.

Thanks for listening!

:gobills: :lol!:

imbondz
04-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Of course I'm happy. Couldn't be more psyched. But, it all depends on how well they all play together. I think Bledsoe's leadership skills will have to get to the next level, whatever that means. And, Spikes will have to take the reigns on D.

Doc
04-12-2003, 10:59 PM
Greed is good. Greed works.

If anyone is unhappy with or unappreciative of what Donahoe has done this off-season, they need to take their haldol. However I want more! I want Gary.

Typ0
04-12-2003, 11:12 PM
I think it's great to be so happy about everyting...but I want to see some delivery before I am content. Here are my expectations:

1) A playoff appearance. If we were in any other division in the league I would expect nothing less than a division win and I would feel very strongly we should get a first round bye. However, this division it tough and the teams match up well. If we can't win the division I expect a wild-card to come out of this division this year and if it's not us than I am not happy.

2) A playoff win. We need to not only get to the playoffs but we need to win a game in the playoffs this season. There are some criticisms we can cite about Greg Williams. Who cares? I want to see him produce and many of the strenghts people highlight with him indicate he should be able to win a playoff game this season.

3) That is my criteria for an end result. However, throughout the season I expect to see a team that is very strong out of the start and continues to get better. No problem if there are some hiccups, but I expect the hiccups to be turned around into strenghts. Furthermore, I expect a team that starts the season off strictly focused on gaining home field advantage throughout the playoffs. That is the bread and butter and I expect everyone to be on that page when we go out and try and win on opening day.

Those are the things that would make me happy. Sure winning it all would make me happy. Before you can win it all you have to position yourself appropriately. If we get in a position to win that will make me happy because if we don't win it all we need to prove we can position ourselves to win. As long as we can do that, we will have the ability to win one. If we have some issues that keep us from getting to the final win I can live with that. But if we shoot ourselves in the foot then I am not happy.

mush69
04-13-2003, 07:13 AM
I am quite pleased with the Defensive players that we have aquired. It should be a solid unit and depending how they gell together. Should be an improvement over last year. Gotta get some chemistry going here, we definately have the physics going!

Offense I'm still not sure, It kinda sputtered at the end of the year. Sam Gash is going to be a good addition. Losing Price doesn't scare me because I think Josh Reed is going to step right in. Josh is a different type of receiver than Price so we won't see the same routes but they will use him to his advantages. I really see Josh becoming the possesion reciever across the middle. Moore is a good TE and he will do well (when KG figures out what a TE is). I hope Drew settles down and sees he has a team behind him, He doesn't have to do it all like he did so many years in NE.

Overall I'm happy with what the upper management has done with our team. With the sun shining today and it warming up I can wait for football season. Football means winter is coming and I have had enough of that.

WG
04-13-2003, 03:10 PM
I don't know how anyone can be dissatisfied w/ what TD has done. I wanted to sign Adams last year but we have him this year and for much less too. Or at least he'll only get paid if he puts up. The deal for Price was a coup! I don't know how the cap could possibly have been managed any better at all. What TD did is remarkable.

As to the team, we are solid just about everywhere starting w/ our only noticeable weaknesses on STs maybe, and then depth at OL and WR. WR may not be as bad as being a horrendous weakness, but we simply don't know right now. OL, we still have time and money to sign Conaty and another. Drew will be average at best w/o a stellar OL and woe to him if MW or JJ goes down for any length of time.

There are a bunch of question marks: Jones, Posey, Adams. And Drew will have to start playing well against playoff teams as well. But we have a very well rounded team. The only team that I can even think of that is anywhere close to as good is the Titans. There is no reason why we shouldn't be at least 4-2 and maybe 5-1 in the division. The other ten games are not so tough that we shouldn't be able to swing at least 6-4 easily, and 7-3 or 8-2 even in a good season. So to me, if we don't hit 11-5 I'm gonna be highly disappointed. 10-6, while making the playoffs, will be anticlamatic for me. I'm hoping 12-4, a division win, and a conference win. If we went to the SB, likely it would be v. a team like Philly or T.B. and I just don't have the confidence in Drew to play well against teams of that caliber. So such a SB would likely come down to defense and whoever's D played better in a low-scoring affair.

Schobel94
04-13-2003, 03:42 PM
It's not so much that Drew doesn't perform every well against high caliber teams, it's more that when they score mad points on us, he feels he has to win the game by himself. Sometimes he can, but most of the time he can't and ends up throwing tons of picks. With the vastly improved D, not everything will have to be on Bledsoe's shoulders, and that's when he becomes very dangerous.