PDA

View Full Version : Adarius Bowman... the second wideout we pick?

coastal
03-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Lots of people are dismissing Adarius Bowman outright as an option for us in the first few rounds. I start looking at him as the second wideout we bring on board via this year's draft with our 4th pick.

If we somehow got him in the 5th round it would be an absolute steal.

Here's why?

Ernest Wilford, WR Virginia Tech - 120th overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, 6'4", 226 lbs, 4.79 40 yd dash.

Adarius Bowman, WR Oklahoma State - ? pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, 6'3", 223 lbs, 4.74 40 yard dash.

All I know is... screw the Senior Bowl debacle. The kid has an impressive book of work throughout college. He is a fierce competitor and something is telling me he is going to have one giant chip on his shoulder.

The last player the Bills drafted from Oklahoma State who was drafted with a chip on his shoulder is now in the hall of fame.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/bowman.jpg

yordad
03-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Can he block?

buffalony85
03-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Can he block?reed can block so wtf does that matter, the kid can play!

The Spaz
03-19-2008, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't mind him in the 3rd 4th round. Imagine a combo of Kelly & Bowman or Davis & Kelly, Bowman & Davis. I would be happy with either of those.:)

yordad
03-20-2008, 12:36 AM
reed can block so wtf does that matter, the kid can play!Insightful. He has been talked about as a H-back project.

The Spaz
03-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Insightful. He has been talked about as a H-back project.

Anyone who puts him in as H-back is dumb. Also he is too light at this point to be an h-back. Guy is a WR plain and simple.

Night Train
03-20-2008, 08:18 AM
From what I've read, his pro day sucked also. His stock is sinking like a stone.

I watched his workouts in the Senior Bowl and he tried to cradle the ball to his body, instead of plucking the ball naturally with his fingers pointed up. The result was lots of dropped balls.

Not impressed.

yordad
03-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Anyone who puts him in as H-back is dumb. Also he is too light at this point to be an h-back. Guy is a WR plain and simple.OK, lets say you are right. You know WRs have to block from time to time, right?

The Spaz
03-20-2008, 05:01 PM
delete...lol

The Spaz
03-20-2008, 05:02 PM
OK, lets say you are right. You know WRs have to block from time to time, right?

Never knew of a WR drafted just because he can block.

yordad
03-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Well, if he doesn't have good speed or hands, he better be good at something. LOL

WR for blocking? No. Mitigating circumstance? A small one.

But his highlights looks sweet, right?

In all honestly, I kind of like him. But, not too much. Too many question marks. I prefere a center.

coastal
03-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Well, if he doesn't have good speed or hands, he better be good at something. LOL

WR for blocking? No. Mitigating circumstance? A small one.

But his highlights looks sweet, right?

In all honestly, I kind of like him. But, not too much. Too many question marks. I prefere a center. The hands thing came up recently. He had a second boutght of lasix in January. I'd most certainly have the meidcal staff evaluate that if he were projected to go earlier.

And yes... he can block. He loves football and is very competitive.

To me... he be a perfect steal in the 5th.

yordad
03-24-2008, 08:02 PM
I just read this, does anything loook funny to you?

http://walterfootball.com/college/OklahomaState_logo.gif Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State http://walterfootball.com/images/down.jpg
Height: 6-3. Weight: 223.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.
Combine 40 Time: 4.69.
Pro Day 40 Time: 4.75.
Vertical: 33.5. Broad .
Projected Round: 6.
Scouts wanted to time Adarius Bowman in the 40, but he took so long that they got bored and left. A 4.75? Most linebackers are faster than that.

Last year, I said if Bowman manages to get into the 4.4s, he'll go in the first round. Well, how about going a 4.5? I do like Bowman, however, and I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger in Round 3.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008WR.php

Another starnge one...

http://walterfootball.com/college/Louisville_logo.gif Mario Urrutia, Louisville http://walterfootball.com/images/down.jpg
Height: 6-5. Weight: 232.
Projected 40 Time: 4.56.
Combine 40 Time: 4.58.
Vertical: 30. Broad .
Projected Round: 7.
Sluggish at the combine. No surprise here.

The Louisville coaching staff removed Mario Urrutia from the game after multiple unsportsmanlike penalties. The home crowd booed Urrutia every time he caught the ball.

Urrutia had seven receptions, 142 yards and two scores against Middle Tennessee State. However, what the box score doesn't show is at least two drops, including one easy touchdown catch.

Great size. Caught 53 passes for 929 yards and 6 touchdowns in 2006. Needs to improve his 40 time to be a first-round lock.

yordad
03-24-2008, 08:02 PM
I just read this, does anything loook funny to you?

http://walterfootball.com/college/OklahomaState_logo.gif Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State http://walterfootball.com/images/down.jpg
Height: 6-3. Weight: 223.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.
Combine 40 Time: 4.69.
Pro Day 40 Time: 4.75.
Vertical: 33.5. Broad .
Projected Round: 6.
Scouts wanted to time Adarius Bowman in the 40, but he took so long that they got bored and left. A 4.75? Most linebackers are faster than that.

Last year, I said if Bowman manages to get into the 4.4s, he'll go in the first round. Well, how about going a 4.5? I do like Bowman, however, and I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger in Round 3.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008WR.php

Another starnge one...

http://walterfootball.com/college/Louisville_logo.gif Mario Urrutia, Louisville http://walterfootball.com/images/down.jpg
Height: 6-5. Weight: 232.
Projected 40 Time: 4.56.
Combine 40 Time: 4.58.
Vertical: 30. Broad .
Projected Round: 7.
Sluggish at the combine. No surprise here.

The Louisville coaching staff removed Mario Urrutia from the game after multiple unsportsmanlike penalties. The home crowd booed Urrutia every time he caught the ball.

Urrutia had seven receptions, 142 yards and two scores against Middle Tennessee State. However, what the box score doesn't show is at least two drops, including one easy touchdown catch.

Great size. Caught 53 passes for 929 yards and 6 touchdowns in 2006. Needs to improve his 40 time to be a first-round lock.

Tatonka
03-24-2008, 10:13 PM
what happened in the senior bowl? im referring to the senior bowl debacle comment.

ParanoidAndroid
03-25-2008, 12:34 AM
He had the dropsies in practice and basically said it was because he was unprepared to deal with the cold, rainy conditions. He said he didn't bring any hand warmers or anything to keep his hands dry and he felt unprepared. He was sort of joking about it and laughing at himself. I sort of know what he means. I was SUPPOSED to win my county x-country meet in HS, but didn't bring my damn spikes. It threw me off so bad mentally that I choked big time and came in 5th. I did not tell the paper guy I forgot my spikes, though...too embarassing.

Night Train
04-03-2008, 04:18 AM
To me... he be a perfect steal in the 5th.

He can hang out with Chris Henry in the CFL.

eyedog
04-03-2008, 07:51 AM
At least we know it wasn't lasix's bothering his eyesight.

I would still use one of those 7th rd picks on him if he was still on the board.

Just a little heads up, he wouldn't be the only player on the Bills who somkes weed.

DraftBoy
04-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Just got arrested the other night on Simple Marijuana possession. He's a dumbass!

Tatonka
04-03-2008, 10:47 AM
my brother smokes weed and he is still a great person and a good hockey player too.

:up:

yordad
04-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Down with pot, Up with dope!!!! Er...wait... :headscrat

coastal
04-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Good thing being stupid or high doesn't mean you can't run, catch or jump.

Ron Burgundy
04-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Good thing being stupid or high doesn't mean you can't run, catch or jump.

Sure shows a lot about your smarts, though...and your commitment to the game.

That guy is a ****ing moron.

coastal
04-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Christ... he got arrested with some pot.

It's not like he is about to be drafted into American Medical Association.

He's a college kid about to go into the NFL.

Sure... his judgement may have just cost him a few hundred thousand dollars, but it doesn't mean that the kid can't play ball.

If it did, Warren Sapp would have been the career equivalent to Tim Anderson and not the Hall of Famer that he's bound to become.

Ron Burgundy
04-03-2008, 10:29 PM
You can't be much help to your team if you're suspended because you can't put the ganja down for less than a month.

On the plus side, I feel like you'll get plenty of opportunities to blow this guy since he'll be spending some time in street clothes.

coastal
04-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Teams pass on guys like this not because of some moral code or ethical standard. It's like you pointed out... the return on investment is a risky proposition.

As far as the shot about me blowing him... you drunk or high?

Either way, I'm sure your dog is bored and helpless.

DraftBoy
04-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Alright guys cool it with the personal shots, thats not going to be tolerated at all here in this forum. Keep it about the prospects not each other.

As for Bowman, Ill pass, his speed, lack of dedication, inconsistency, and off the field trouble push me away.

Ron Burgundy
04-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Teams pass on guys like this not because of some moral code or ethical standard. It's like you pointed out... the return on investment is a risky proposition.

As far as the shot about me blowing him... you drunk or high?

Either way, I'm sure your dog is bored and helpless.
I don't give a damn about his morals either, it's whether he can stay on the field or not. It was a stupid move and doesn't inspire much confidence in his ability to keep his **** together when he gets paid.

The only time my dog would ever be helpless and bored would be if you tied him up in order to screw him.

Ron Burgundy
04-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Alright guys cool it with the personal shots, thats not going to be tolerated at all here in this forum. Keep it about the prospects not each other.

Oh, Coastal and I go way back. I don't give a damn and he doesn't either.

coastal
04-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Oh, Coastal and I go way back. I don't give a damn and he doesn't either.We're just really good friends...

http://blogs.tampabay.com/80s/images/2007/11/12/stripes.jpg

DraftBoy
04-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the update boys! Carry on...so far I give the edge to Ron Burgundy though...

coastal
04-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I don't give a damn about his morals either, it's whether he can stay on the field or not. It was a stupid move and doesn't inspire much confidence in his ability to keep his **** together when he gets paid.

The only time my dog would ever be helpless and bored would be if you tied him up in order to screw him.Sure it means he might have dropped a couple of more rounds in the selction process, but there still is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a chance on this guy in the late 5th or 6th.

If he hits... you got yourself an Ernest Wilford on the cheap.

As far ar you and your dog... you've been playing with the peanut butter again, haven't you?

Ron Burgundy
04-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Ugh...Wilford. God, I hate Tech. Still, I don't mind taking a flyer on Bowman, but I've seen too much of the Chris Henry syndrome to think these guys miraculously get their **** together.

Personally, I feel that peanut butter is easier to clean up than the Crisco I gotta slather on to get your mom excited.

yordad
04-05-2008, 07:15 PM
LOL, this is good stuff. I'm not sure I know what you know about....well... you know, but I'm with Burgandy minus the shots (I don't know what anyone on here does with there dog).

Coastal, I would like to nabb him in the seventh, and maybe 6th depending on if some others I like are gone and who we got so far. And, if he wants to come to B-lo as a UDFA, then sweet.

My how far this guy fell. Do you wish you never made the thread?

Oh, and Burgundy, you post are even funnier then they should be because I am picturing Ron Burgundy when I read them. Are you typing like he talks on purpose, or did you type like that before the movie? And, do you talk like him in real life?

Dr. Lecter
04-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Coastal and Burgandy are so cute when they are like this.

They act like an old married couple.

And I am shocked that Burgandy is recommended against the pot head, but if he is there at pick 251 take him.

Ron Burgundy
04-05-2008, 11:47 PM
LOL, this is good stuff. I'm not sure I know what you know about....well... you know, but I'm with Burgandy minus the shots (I don't know what anyone on here does with there dog).

Coastal, I would like to nabb him in the seventh, and maybe 6th depending on if some others I like are gone and who we got so far. And, if he wants to come to B-lo as a UDFA, then sweet.

My how far this guy fell. Do you wish you never made the thread?

Oh, and Burgundy, you post are even funnier then they should be because I am picturing Ron Burgundy when I read them. Are you typing like he talks on purpose, or did you type like that before the movie? And, do you talk like him in real life?

Of course he wishes he never made this thread, he looks like a ******. Look how pathetic he's been since then...whining like a little ***** about athletic ability on a guy who's about as smart as my sock.

About the name, I just like the movie, and I tend to use movie names on Bills boards.

I didn't know I was typing like he talks, but that's ****in' sweet. In real life it's even better because it has a Southern accent. Which, inevitably, Lecter will lamely attempt to insult.

coastal
04-08-2008, 08:30 PM
I suppose you need to add Mario and Aquib to the ranks of the villified.

Dr. Lecter
04-08-2008, 08:52 PM
I didn't know I was typing like he talks, but that's ****in' sweet. In real life it's even better because it has a Southern accent. Which, inevitably, Lecter will lamely attempt to insult.

I don't need to insult anybody's southern accent.

Saratoga Slim
04-09-2008, 09:05 AM
my brother smokes weed and he is still a great person and a good hockey player too.

:up:

....and he'd probably be smart enough not to get caught smoking weed a month before he was about to be picked in the NFL draft......

Anybody who gets busted for ANYTHING right now is a big idiot. If you can't recognize the importance of behaving for this critical three-month period and then do it, you've got some major maturity issues.

Night Train
04-29-2008, 04:51 AM
Bowman went undrafted.

You can now sign him to flip burgers at your local BK.

Tatonka
04-29-2008, 11:39 AM
lol