X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

The Tampa Game.

I attended it last night and I have to say that even though they rallied to win against a very bad Tampa team we are in deep trouble. The first two periods were probably some of the worst hockey I have ever seen. They all looked confused out there and uninspired. It was like a freakin bad episode of the Keystone Cops. They were beaten to the puck and along the boards badly. Their passing was atrocious, of course I could see why there were so many turnovers, no one was putting themselves in any kind of position to help the passer. Everyone would just hop over the boards and leave the defensiveman back their to fend for himself while they were making a linechange. WTF is the coaching staff teaching these guys??? Its like they don't have a clue, everyone is just skating around doing their own thing. Roy looked like he was pouting for the first two periods. Our wiley veteran Ludman was coughing up the puck and making bad passes left and right. WTF is going on?? They were booed pretty bad by the crowd at the end of the second. I didn't do it because I don't subscribe to it but I have to tell you they deserved most of the boos. These players are blowing smoke up our asses if they sit there and tell everyone that they are truly concerned about making the POs. Im thinking a few of them are dusting their golfclubs off already. It was great to see such a comeback in the third period and I did have a lot of fun at the game but that first two periods was truly This has become all two common all year long.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• clumping platelets

Re: The Tampa Game.

Hater

BTW: Where were you sitting? and were in the 300s

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

I'm not a hater, they're killing me though. I was in 302 section, aisle 4.
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
        Hater

BTW: Where were you sitting? and were in the 300s
        Eb still hasn't gone to be as of a little while ago, what the heck we're you 2 doing?

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

The passing has been bad lately. I think missing Campbell's style of puck carrying style defenseman is hurting the team leaving its own end and hurting the team.
          I believe they have the most goals in the whole league but their defensemen are hurting them.

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

i was thinking the same thing this morning, it's great we had the big comeback but...should we really need to be having to conduct a COMEBACK against one of the worst teams in the league? We shouldnt have been in that hole to begin with! What happens when we have to step up against a team that doesn't have a goalie thats pretty much an AHL player in the NHL???

Even though we won, I'm still in the same place I was before...we're just not good enough.

Comment

• helmetguy
              Touch the helmet for luck
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
              i was thinking the same thing this morning, it's great we had the big comeback but...should we really need to be having to conduct a COMEBACK against one of the worst teams in the league? We shouldnt have been in that hole to begin with! What happens when we have to step up against a team that doesn't have a goalie thats pretty much an AHL player in the NHL???

Even though we won, I'm still in the same place I was before...we're just not good enough.
              They looked like they got complacent in the first two periods. The big change in the third was that the forwards were being more conscientious about playing defense, especially in transition. They were getting back quicker, and there was less space between them and the defensemen. NOW, if they could only do that for a whole 60 minutes...
              Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
              And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

We looked alright in the 1st period. The 2nd scuekd for sure.

We got two points, zip it.
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                  We looked alright in the 1st period. The 2nd scuekd for sure.

We got two points, zip it.
                  Ah, the contentment of mediocrity.
                  My Band
                  daveviterna.com

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                    I'm not a hater, they're killing me though. I was in 302 section, aisle 4.

Were you the yelling out during the anthems?

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                      Were you the yelling out during the anthems?
                      I was on the other side. Were you one of the booing?
                      Last edited by mchurchfie; 03-24-2008, 06:34 AM.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• clumping platelets

After the second period...........damn straight I was

Comment

Working...
                        X