PDA

View Full Version : What a difference an hour makes!

mybills
03-20-2008, 10:24 AM
~The PC Times 10:ish am est.

There was a power outage in my office about an hour ago, so I contacted one of the candidates by text message to explain my absence. Luckily, the power came back on and I was reunited with my computer. In that hour, the numbers in the polls have changed again.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/mybills/10am.jpg
Just 3 votes separate first and second place.
Just 3 votes separate third and last place.

There is plenty of time left to vote in this election, so if you haven't voted by now, we will have to bring you more decision making literature. The PC Times will be sending a reporter to each camp. We think the voters need to hear from those who hope to be second in command. We realize that this alone may not make the difference, but we are hopeful that it will help.

~The PC Times

mybills
03-20-2008, 10:59 AM
As promised to our readers/voters:

We asked all of the running mates what their biggest reason was, for agreeing to be a Vice President to their candidate.

Our first response came from jfreeman over at MBBedard Headquarters.

"I honestly didn't feel that I had enough free time to devote as Pres of the zone. It would have been irresponsible of me to run for a Presidency that I cannot carry out at 110%. It would not have been fair to the zone or the people that enjoy posting here.

Of the candidates that were available at the time (before the train parade of followers that decided to throw their names in at the last minute) I felt that MBB and I had similar concepts of what we wanted to improve upon here so I chose to offer my help to his campaign."

..to be continued.

~The PC Times

Valerie
03-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Looks like some aliases are voting. :down: Patrick disappointed me. :down:

mybills
03-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Our second response came in from chernobylwraith over at Gunzlingr Headquarters.

"Well, I like Mike, but I felt that his popularity was starting to get a little TOO big. It was like the newer posters from the last couple years were taking over. When I saw the president thread, (it had started a few days before) I thought of one poster who king of crosses all lines. One poster who not only is respected by the long time posters, but who is also cool with the newer posters. Gunz is that man. When I spoke with him about it, he asked me to be his running mate. I do feel a little bit that my being on the ticket might not exactly help his candidacy since I am not exactly on first name basis with the younger guys. But Gunz is a good man and a friend. He wants what we both want, to bring the zone back to where it was, where there isn't as much fighting and whining.

CW"

..to be continued.

~The PC Times

BlackMetalNinja
03-20-2008, 03:36 PM
So now our posting capabilities are directly dependant on how long we've been here??? This sounds like a classic case of "respect us because we were here longer, not because we've earned it"

While I do think you guys have earned it, and do you think you're both great posters, to simply say that we should be put down because we're relatively new is pretty narrow minded of you.

chernobylwraiths
03-20-2008, 04:26 PM
So now our posting capabilities are directly dependant on how long we've been here??? This sounds like a classic case of "respect us because we were here longer, not because we've earned it"

While I do think you guys have earned it, and do you think you're both great posters, to simply say that we should be put down because we're relatively new is pretty narrow minded of you.

Read into it what you want. This place was different a few years ago and one of the main reasons I stayed around and posted a lot was because of how it was. The Twilight Zone was a place where one could go to talk about anything in everyday life. Some of it was mundane crap, but it was a lot more relaxed. Now is a different story. Now, many of the posters who used to post their stuff in the TZ now post in the No TOS section or don't post at all. Some of it was because of changes in people's lives, but not all of it.

shelby
03-20-2008, 04:41 PM
i post the majority of my personal information in the No TOS simply because it's a more limited audience.

Good work Beth, thanks.

mybills
03-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Me too, and you're welcome!

At this time, I'd like to point out that THURM has been posting on and off today, and has yet to answer my pm about running mates.
nbf has shown up to vote, and he has not answered my pm, either.

shelby
03-20-2008, 05:29 PM
i'm waiting for a response to a PM too.

mybills
03-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Our third response just came in from the THATHURMANATOR over at Earthquake Enyart Headquarters.
"I believe in the principles of EE campaign."

We now await a response from our fourth and final V.P. hopeful.

~The PC Times