• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Anyone Planning On Going To Draft??

So my buddy just got a job in NYC and I was thinkin it would be awesome to go...I hear you have to wait in line pretty early the morning of and it's first come first serve, and it's free.

Anyone ever done this before? Is it worth it? How early do you have to get there, and is anyone planning on going???
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Anyone Planning On Going To Draft??

I think it would be boring as hell. Sitting around with a bunch of loud mouth NYC boys doing nothing but waitng on thenext pick

I'd rather watch it on NFLN and do other things while I'm keeping an eye on stuff.

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

I almost wanna go but i'm not scarificing what is my favorite weekend... I'll wnjoy it on NFLN day 1 & Kiper day 2.....It's not so much that it's gonna be boring in person as much as i wont sacrifice the weekend on the couch....My wife has made it kinda like my unofficial fathers day weekend ......Can't wait...Chili,sweets & she screens my calls.
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• Gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

In a way I think it would be cool, but like ddaryl said, you would be sitting around with a bunch of people you don't know (and from what I've seen -act like jackasses on tv).
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

I went for 3 years in a row. Not worth it IMO. You have to wait in line forever. Much better to analyze the draft with my guides with NFLN on.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

plus don't forget that the wait will be even longer now as the 1st round has been pushed back to 3pm.

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

Never been....Never wanna either..... Besides it's more fun laughing at the Dolphins while flipping channels....
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• raphael120
                • Oct 2005

First pick doesnt happen til 3pm!?! All the alcohol is going to wear off for sure!!!!

Ugh...maybe I'll just be in the general vicinity of Radio City Music Hall....at a bar...that'll be good enough!

Comment

• T-Long
                  Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                  • Sep 2003

I get to go this year covering it for Yahoo! Sports...it will be my first time there ever!!

Comment

• bflojohn
                    • Aug 2005

I did it two drafts ago, flying out of Phoenix to link up with my best friend in NYC. I literally felt like I'd checked into a zoo, and I didn't want to leave!! I met Pat Kirwan, Vic Carruci, Adam Schefter of NFL Network along with Gil Brandt. Autographs from all of them.....I even got an exclusive VIP pass for last year, but couldn't go!! If you are a true draft junkie, go and see it once in your life, NYC alone is worth the effort! By the way, I didn't even get in to the first day, had to watch at ESPNZone, because the NFL in their infinite wisdom gave out tickets the night before, and their website said the day of the draft. Oh, well I still had a good time!!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Who would want to go when you can come to the Zone draft party in Rochester?

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                        • Aug 2005

I went last year and I would say that hardcore football fans should go once in their life at least. It does drag on, but they shortened the times for the picks this year so it wont be as bad. I live 3 hours from the city and I left at 11pm, got to the city around 2 and found radio city. We waited in line until like 6 or 7 and they formed a new line that everyone rushed their way over to. Got our tickets which were great seats. We weren't on the lowest level but we were right in the front on either the second or third. We just kinda roamed around the city until the draft started and I fell asleep in a little park area across from radio city and was then told to leave by a cop. I didn't think the people were bad at all. Everyone was pretty cool unless you were rooting for the wrong teams.

After a while when people started filtering out they told us we could move to the bottom level and Steve Young walked right past me so that was cool. We stayed for most of the second round and I am thinking about going again this year.
                        SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• raphael120
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
                          I went last year and I would say that hardcore football fans should go once in their life at least. It does drag on, but they shortened the times for the picks this year so it wont be as bad. I live 3 hours from the city and I left at 11pm, got to the city around 2 and found radio city. We waited in line until like 6 or 7 and they formed a new line that everyone rushed their way over to. Got our tickets which were great seats. We weren't on the lowest level but we were right in the front on either the second or third. We just kinda roamed around the city until the draft started and I fell asleep in a little park area across from radio city and was then told to leave by a cop. I didn't think the people were bad at all. Everyone was pretty cool unless you were rooting for the wrong teams.

After a while when people started filtering out they told us we could move to the bottom level and Steve Young walked right past me so that was cool. We stayed for most of the second round and I am thinking about going again this year.
                          Ok, so what would be a good time to get there to get tickets, period? I dont care about how good the seats are, I just want to get in that mess!

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by raphael120
                            Ok, so what would be a good time to get there to get tickets, period? I dont care about how good the seats are, I just want to get in that mess!
                            There are no assigned seats it's first come first serve. The years I went I got there at 6am and still wasn't in the first 100 to be there...lol.

Comment

• raphael120
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              There are no assigned seats it's first come first serve. The years I went I got there at 6am and still wasn't in the first 100 to be there...lol.
                              I'll have to see if my friend gives a crap about getting up that early, I think it would be cool, and nothin beats a good NYC bagel in the morning!

Comment

Working...
                              X