PDA

View Full Version : A Strong Lead for Candidate L.A. Playa

mybills
03-21-2008, 07:22 AM
~The PC Times 8:25 am est.

Well if this doesn't light a fire under the other candidates feet in the next round of debates, what will? The majority of negative comments made against candidate Earthquake Enyart, was the fact that he left the Billszone in protest of the NFL Forum being overseen/moderated by a Miami Dolphin Fan. This, like many things that you would find on a public message board, is an opinion. People disagree with his opinion on that subject, and it shows in the polls.

Ironically, the majority of the votes are for a candidate who admitted to being a bigger New Orleans Saints fan, than a Bills fan. Although I haven't searched for the post where L.A. Playa confessed this, I can attest that he did state that at one time.

The point is, team affiliation shouldn't matter on a community board that welcomes all fans to give their input on my beloved team, the Buffalo Bills. Despite his admiration of the N.O. Saints, L.A. Playa does root for the the Buffalo Bills, as well as Earthquake Enyart. Perhaps Earthquake was not aware of his opponent's love of another team, and may have fought ever harder to knock him out of the competition? It doesn't seem to matter at this time, not with such a strong lead by candidate L.A. Playa.

However, the next round of debates will prove interesting, as candidates Gunzlingr and MBBedard are most certainly still in contention. With Supervisor Shelby cracking down on all election wrong doings, the final three candidates will be concentrating more on the important issues. We all want to have some fun with this, but who will be laughing when the wrong man gets elected?

The polls close at 8 pm, so get voting if you haven't already done so. We are assuming that it's 8 pm PST..due to our West Coast members.

Have a Great Day!

~The PC Times

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 07:34 AM
~The PC Times 8:25 am est.
Ironically, the majority of the votes are for a candidate who admitted to being a bigger New Orleans Saints fan, than a Bills fan. Although I haven't searched for the post where L.A. Playa confessed this, I can attest that he did state that at one time.

The point is, team affiliation shouldn't matter on a community board that welcomes all fans to give their input on my beloved team, the Buffalo Bills. Despite his admiration of the N.O. Saints, L.A. Playa does root for the the Buffalo Bills, as well as Earthquake Enyart. Perhaps Earthquake was not aware of his opponent's love of another team, and may have fought ever harder to knock him out of the competition? It doesn't seem to matter at this time, not with such a strong lead by candidate L.A. Playa.

However, the next round of debates will prove interesting, as candidates Gunzlingr and MBBedard are most certainly still in contention. With Supervisor Shelby cracking down on all election wrong doings, the final three candidates will be concentrating more on the important issues. We all want to have some fun with this, but who will be laughing when the wrong man gets elected?

The polls close at 8 pm, so get voting if you haven't already done so. We are assuming that it's 8 pm PST..due to our West Coast members.

Have a Great Day!

~The PC Times

I bolded two points that I think are important.

In the first point, it definitely DOES matter that one candidate doesn't root for the Bills as their favorite team. The first debate was all about how to make the main forum better. I find it hard to believe that a president who doesn't have as big a passion for the Bills as he does for another team will be the best leader for this site.

In the second point, it seems that you are showing your preference again.

L.A. Playa
03-21-2008, 07:40 AM
This is bad reporting with no facts to substantiate the allegations.

I love football, do I have a favorite team, no. My affiliation and rooting for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Orleans</st1:place></st1:City> is two fold. First, I am a Reggie Bush fan and he plays in <st1:City w:st="on">New Orleans</st1:City>, secondly I root for the city of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Orleans</st1:place></st1:City> in general since Hurricane Katrina.

I grew up in <st1:City w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:City> and root for all the <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> team to be successful so the long suffering fans of their teams get to experience the joy and pride of winning championships they so much desire. This has been stated before but I see has been missed in this report.

I love watching football and am not a rabid fan of any team in which my emotions rise too high or fall too low when teams I root for win or lose.

I have expected the flase accusations from my oppoents but false allegations from the press is just a shame.

mybills
03-21-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm getting tired of the complaints about my fairness. It's not as easy as you might think ya know. Let me reiterate something I've already said a number of times.

I CANNOT VOTE.

I AM NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE.

and most importantly, as of this point the top 3 candidates are all equal in my eyes. I wouldn't mind any of them being president of the zone.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

~mybills

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm getting tired of the complaints about my fairness. It's not as easy as you might think ya know. Let me reiterate something I've already said a number of times.

I CANNOT VOTE.

I AM NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE.

and most importantly, as of this point the top 3 candidates are all equal in my eyes. I wouldn't mind any of them being president of the zone.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

~mybills

*****ing about the press is not only every candidate's duty, but their God given right.

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 07:46 AM
I love watching football and am not a rabid fan of any team in which my emotions rise too high or fall too low when teams I root for win or lose.

Who wants a candidate who is not passionate about their team?

mybills
03-21-2008, 07:47 AM
THAT is the irony!

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 07:49 AM
THAT is the irony!

I figured this would be a popularity contest. I had no idea that it would go this way.

mybills
03-21-2008, 07:51 AM
I was truly hoping for something more than popularity. honey won her contest to be a mod, based on an essay.

L.A. Playa
03-21-2008, 07:55 AM
The exit polls taken from my campaign staff have showed my support has not come from friendships, popularity or relationship, but rather from the positions of the candidates and who they feel best serves their interests

Dujek
03-21-2008, 08:20 AM

Not being as passionate or rabid about the team as other posters could be considered a positive attribute for someone who is going to have to step in and calm certain situations in discussions about that team. They would be more likely to take into consideration the impact the discussion was having on the board rather than jump in on the side of the person who's opinion they agreed with and wave the banhammer at anyone who did not share their point of view.

mybills
03-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Not being as passionate or rabid about the team as other posters could be considered a positive attribute for someone who is going to have to step in and calm certain situations in discussions about that team. They would be more likely to take into consideration the impact the discussion was having on the board rather than jump in on the side of the person who's opinion they agreed with and wave the banhammer at anyone who did not share their point of view.
THANK YOU!!

The point is, team affiliation shouldn't matter on a community board that welcomes all fans to give their input on my beloved team, the Buffalo Bills.

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 08:40 AM

F that!

:D

Dujek
03-21-2008, 08:43 AM
F that!

Nice to see intelligent debate is alive and well.

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Nice to see intelligent debate is alive and well.

Nobody ever said anything about intelligence!

Gunzlingr
03-21-2008, 08:45 AM
The exit polls taken from my campaign staff have showed my support has not come from friendships, popularity or relationship, but rather from the positions of the candidates and who they feel best serves their interests

i still don't understand how you are going to get me more beer or pussy in 2008.

LtFinFan66
03-21-2008, 08:45 AM
:popcorn:

L.A. Playa
03-21-2008, 09:01 AM
i still don't understand how you are going to get me more beer or pussy in 2008.

This has been addressed several times please refer to the Message from L.A. Playa thread

Gunzlingr
03-21-2008, 09:04 AM
This has been addressed several times please refer to the Message from L.A. Playa thread

Thanks I didn't see that thread, but since you weren't serious I don't think I can support you if my campaign tanks.

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks I didn't see that thread, but since you weren't serious I don't think I can support you if my campaign tanks.

Still wish you guys the best of luck along with MBB, may the best team win I guess. Its been an absolute blast so far, Im loving this, granted this is also a lot of what I do everyday just much less civil and with more attacking. There isnt a TOS in the real world...

Michael82
03-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Personally I think that the reason why LA Playa is leading is because of thing things....first of all, he has a very strong Vice President candidate. You could consider nbf the strongest VP of all the candidates. :up: 2nd, a bunch of people are sick of MBB taking over the whole board, he's too popular for his own good, maybe his heads getting a little big? :idunno: :snicker: Hell, look at all the awards he won.

BlackMetalNinja
03-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Personally I think that the reason why LA Playa is leading is because of thing things....first of all, he has a very strong Vice President candidate. You could consider nbf the strongest VP of all the candidates. :up: 2nd, a bunch of people are sick of MBB taking over the whole board, he's too popular for his own good, maybe his heads getting a little big? :idunno: :snicker: Hell, look at all the awards he won.

I'm sorry Mikey, but that's just stupid.... Taking over the whole board? Have him stop posting all the stuff he does and see how long it takes before everybody is *****ing about how boring that place is. Oh, and don't you participate in ALL of those games he does... didn't you BEG to be in Deal or No Deal?

Michael82
03-21-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm sorry Mikey, but that's just stupid.... Taking over the whole board? Have him stop posting all the stuff he does and see how long it takes before everybody is *****ing about how boring that place is. Oh, and don't you participate in ALL of those games he does... didn't you BEG to be in Deal or No Deal?
:rofl: Did you see my :snicker: smilie? I wasn't being serious. :yawn:

Michael82
03-21-2008, 11:29 AM
I think the reason that Playa is leading is because of his solid VP candidate and I'm betting that nbf has helped him with the issues too....

BlackMetalNinja
03-21-2008, 11:30 AM
:rofl: Did you see my :snicker: smilie? I wasn't being serious. :yawn:

Christ I can't ****ing tell anymore...

I think it's broken:
http://home.student.uu.se/hape2405/aabf18_sarcasm_detector.jpg

Earthquake Enyart
What small minded gibberish.

"He's too popular" :wail:

What is this, 6th grade?

RockStar36
A Sarcasm Detector....now THAT is a good use of an invention...

Michael82
03-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Christ I can't ****ing tell anymore...

I think it's broken:
http://home.student.uu.se/hape2405/aabf18_sarcasm_detector.jpg
:lmao:

Typ0
03-21-2008, 11:36 AM
I voted for playa because he said he could lean mikey to water and actually get him a drink...playa must be Jesus Christ or something so we better vote for him.

The King
03-21-2008, 11:48 AM
What small minded gibberish.

"He's too popular" :wail:

What is this, 6th grade?

Thats the third or forth time I have heard that. Too popular.... wtf is that!?

The King
03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
I think the reason that Playa is leading is because of his solid VP candidate and I'm betting that nbf has helped him with the issues too....

Ok so be it, but the fact that he had the biggest change of heart/ flip flop has had no effect is mind boggling. No voter has mentioned this issue or seems to care... its kind of ******ed.

Gunzlingr
03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
A Sarcasm Detector....now THAT is a good use of an invention...

Almost as good as the fing-longer or what if machine!

Michael82
03-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Ok so be it, but the fact that he had the biggest change of heart/ flip flop has had no effect is mind boggling. No voter has mentioned this issue or seems to care... its kind of ******ed.
everyone has a change of heart and flip flops, especially politicians.

The King
03-21-2008, 12:00 PM

So you think going from pussy and beer/***** better have my money to Bang or Bucks being too offensive for the TZ is ok? Not too mention that changed over the course of 4 days.

HAMMER
03-21-2008, 12:02 PM
..and Pat Moran.

Michael82
So you think going from pussy and beer/***** better have my money to Bang or Bucks being too offensive for the TZ is ok? Not too mention that changed over the course of 4 days.
If John Kerry can do it, why can't LA Playa? If Hillary can do it, why can't Playa?

Michael82
..and Pat Moran.
:rofl: So true.

The King
03-21-2008, 12:06 PM
If John Kerry can do it, why can't LA Playa? If Hillary can do it, why can't Playa?

Well Mikey, you can settle for the norm if you want. You can be part of the same old same old. Or you can be part of something great. Thats up to you.

Michael82
03-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Well Mikey, you can settle for the norm if you want. You can be part of the same old same old. Or you can be part of something great. Thats up to you.
I know what you will do to keep the TZ active and I know that you will always draw people, but what will you do for the front page and the Bills board? Those are my main concerns.

LtBillsFan66
03-21-2008, 12:12 PM
The whole get Mikey laid thing to me is very patronizing. Bedard will treat you like an adult, not some pet project.

THATHURMANATOR
03-21-2008, 12:12 PM
I know what you will do to keep the TZ active and I know that you will always draw people, but what will you do for the front page and the Bills board? Those are my main concerns.
What will Playa do for the main page :idunno:

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 12:14 PM

Kerry lost and Hilary is currently behind. What are you saying?

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 12:16 PM

Even I don't think bang or bucks is too offensive for the TZ.

Michael82
03-21-2008, 12:16 PM
What will Playa do for the main page :idunno:
What will EE? :ill:

The King
03-21-2008, 12:17 PM

I think one of the biggest shockers I have had on the zone was when LifetimeBillsfan made the zone rankings and everyone said who? Thats just an atrocity. He is one of the BZ best posters and people just dont know the dude. He has written for the front page at times too. We need to a do a better job supporting and promoting the people who take the time and write for us.

LtBillsFan66
03-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Can you really trust someone with the name "playa?" And who changes his "playa" name once he gets a girlfriend. Then changes it back once she leaves him?

THATHURMANATOR
03-21-2008, 12:18 PM
He clearly stated his intentions. I can't keep repeating this.

LtBillsFan66
03-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Can you really trust someone with the name "playa?" And who changes his "playa" name once he gets a girlfriend. Then changes it back once she leaves him?

I bet it switching his favorite team to the Dolphins would get him a piece of ass, he'd change his name accordingly.

Michael82
03-21-2008, 12:19 PM
I think one of the biggest shockers I have had on the zone was when LifetimeBillsfan made the zone rankings and everyone said who? Thats just an atrocity. He is one of the BZ best posters and people just dont know the dude. He has written for the front page at times too. We need to a do a better job supporting and promoting the people who take the time and write for us.
well said. :bf1:

The King
03-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Here's another idea.... why not post Billzone FP content on other websites? Not spamming if you post a Bills article from another site... might help to boost traffic and membership.

shelby
03-21-2008, 12:23 PM
i post BillsZone FP content on Facebook all the time.

THATHURMANATOR
03-21-2008, 12:23 PM
I avoided the Bills forum for a long time because it was a bunch of ******s. He is a good poster.

The King
03-21-2008, 12:28 PM
i post BillsZone FP content on Facebook all the time.

:bf1: How about ESPN MB, or TBD?

mybills
03-21-2008, 12:30 PM
I just gave this thread 5 stars because of ya'll. Someone had to do it. :couch:

Earthquake Enyart
03-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Mike, if you had a real editor, your training camp reports would have been picked up by bigger fish by now.

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2008, 12:35 PM

And yourself. :D

Michael82
03-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Mike, if you had a real editor, your training camp reports would have been picked up by bigger fish by now.
so, what do you suggest we do about that?

mybills
03-21-2008, 12:48 PM
I avoided the Bills forum for a long time because it was a bunch of ******s.
I avoid the spam zone for the same reason.

Earthquake Enyart
03-21-2008, 01:06 PM
so, what do you suggest we do about that?
Have someone who got at least a B in english keep half an eye on things.

Geez, you guys went half the season with the wrong schedule on it. The daily polls are a joke. I could go on and on.

Mike you have unique content, that if packaged the right way, would be way bigger than it is. I think you would admit that writing isn't exactly your forte.

northernbillfan
03-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Here's another idea.... why not post Billzone FP content on other websites? Not spamming if you post a Bills article from another site... might help to boost traffic and membership.We do that now.

casdhf
03-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Chris Brown goes out on more limbs than the PC Times.

Devin
03-22-2008, 07:42 PM
We do that now.

imagine that.

northernbillfan
03-22-2008, 07:46 PM
imagine that.I wonder how many candidates actually read the FP?

Devin
03-22-2008, 07:59 PM

If you are referring to the first "election" I was unaware anyone actually took that seriously. It was basically "Insult Competition light" hell there werent even registered teams. I totally was joking around, had I had the time to run in this election my stance would probably change on certain things as well. Or id at least take it more seriously then I did that first goof-around.

So far as I know BZ was around years before MBB got here. Dont get me wrong, I have a good time with his games but I assure you whether any of the remaining presidential candidates were here or not the TZ would be fine.

Wasnt your list the composite of 3-5 different people?

To my knowledge we give writers a pretty big medium to write for, many have gone on to write for even larger sites. Our news/frontpage staff are supported very well by shelby, nbf and others. Nbf posts in the main forum when new articles go up as well. They get plenty of support and recognition. A couple of our writers have used us as references to have opportunities writing at larger football sites. And youre right, LTBF should absolutley be asked if hed like to contribute to the front page as hes an excellent writer......Oh wait.......

And correct me if im wrong but the 2007 Billszone poster of the year was LTBF, he won in a landslide. 2nd place was like a dozen votes back, not to mention how many nominations he had....how is it no one knows him?

Here's another idea.... why not post Billzone FP content on other websites? Not spamming if you post a Bills article from another site... might help to boost traffic and membership.

You mean like we do now? Or creating a myspace page? Or cross-promoting with other sites? Or the other various ways we promote and support Billszone.com? You know all the extra stuff that takes place on top of moderating the forums.

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 12:24 AM
If you are referring to the first "election" I was unaware anyone actually took that seriously. It was basically "Insult Competition light" hell there werent even registered teams. I totally was joking around, had I had the time to run in this election my stance would probably change on certain things as well. Or id at least take it more seriously then I did that first goof-around.

So far as I know BZ was around years before MBB got here. Dont get me wrong, I have a good time with his games but I assure you whether any of the remaining presidential candidates were here or not the TZ would be fine.

Wasnt your list the composite of 3-5 different people?

To my knowledge we give writers a pretty big medium to write for, many have gone on to write for even larger sites. Our news/frontpage staff are supported very well by shelby, nbf and others. Nbf posts in the main forum when new articles go up as well. They get plenty of support and recognition. A couple of our writers have used us as references to have opportunities writing at larger football sites. And youre right, LTBF should absolutley be asked if hed like to contribute to the front page as hes an excellent writer......Oh wait.......

And correct me if im wrong but the 2007 Billszone poster of the year was LTBF, he won in a landslide. 2nd place was like a dozen votes back, not to mention how many nominations he had....how is it no one knows him?

You mean like we do now? Or creating a myspace page? Or cross-promoting with other sites? Or the other various ways we promote and support Billszone.com? You know all the extra stuff that takes place on top of moderating the forums.

Gee Devin... why don't you just say "we're doing every thing already, there is no need for this contest"... Would have been much easier.

Devin
03-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Gee Devin... why don't you just say "we're doing every thing already, there is no need for this contest"... Would have been much easier.

It would have been easier, it would have also been inaccurate. And if any of those statements were wrong feel free to point them out. Ill wait.

Perhaps part of the answer to fixing any percieved frontpage issues might first be dropping dead weight.

mybills
03-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Chris Brown goes out on more limbs than the PC Times.

That's because he gets to write about the Buffalo Bills, not the 3 stooges. :D