PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown agrees and disagrees with my way of thinking

X-Era
03-21-2008, 12:11 PM
From his Fan friday comments, he agrees and disagrees with me on a few things on the draft:

1) The Bills would like to add a 3rd FB and will be thinking about one during the draft- Ive said that before, and I think the writing has been on the wall for a while on that. He even mentioned that the Bills have talked with Cauulrick.

2) Fred Davis is the #1 TE- We both agree on that. He then mentioned Bennett and Keller, saying keller was one dimensional ( i wouldnt go that far, but blocking would be his weaker area).

3) Kelly and Sweed are neck and neck. I agree and disagree, I agree that they are neck and neck as far as talent, but I also think Devin Thomas is now right there.

4) None of the WR's is worth the 11 pick. Disagree, I think Kelly's pro-day which hasnt happened yet will change that. But many feel like he does.

5) The Bills will think long and hard about a CB or Ellis at 11. Agree.

6) He doesnt think many if any teams would spend the 4th or 5th rounder on Owen Schmitt. He may be right, but if you want a 3rd FB, why not get the best one.

Yasgur's Farm
03-21-2008, 05:02 PM
From his Fan friday comments, he agrees and disagrees with me on a few things on the draft:

1) The Bills would like to add a 3rd FB and will be thinking about one during the draft- Ive said that before, and I think the writing has been on the wall for a while on that. He even mentioned that the Bills have talked with Cauulrick. The Bills needs are, in order... WR, TE, CB, (WR again), C, RG... I'd list DE in there as well but I think it's gonna have to wait for next year or a late rounder. I feel the same about FB... Maybe a late rounder.

2) Fred Davis is the #1 TE- We both agree on that. He then mentioned Bennett and Keller, saying keller was one dimensional ( i wouldnt go that far, but blocking would be his weaker area). I'd bet my shriveled up left nut that we take TE in round 2... The only question is, which one?... I'd rather have Bennett or Keller for our specific needs. We'll certainly have our pick.

3) Kelly and Sweed are neck and neck. I agree and disagree, I agree that they are neck and neck as far as talent, but I also think Devin Thomas is now right there. I'm really liking Devin Thomas at 11. He's fast enough to stretch the field and pull coverage deep... And big enough to go and get the ball in the endzone.

4) None of the WR's is worth the 11 pick. Disagree, I think Kelly's pro-day which hasnt happened yet will change that. But many feel like he does. I've been preaching the need/value ratio for weeks now. I believe it's almost essntial we take a WR here. Of course a trade down would be ideal.

5) The Bills will think long and hard about a CB or Ellis at 11. Agree. I said almost essntial in #4. Sedrick Ellis (or Gholston) available here blows it up.

6) He doesnt think many if any teams would spend the 4th or 5th rounder on Owen Schmitt. He may be right, but if you want a 3rd FB, why not get the best one. See #1.

ParanoidAndroid
03-21-2008, 07:55 PM
....because Scmitt isn't a true NFL FB. He simply doesn't have the size. He'll end up playing as a #2 or #3 RB for some team. If you want a FB, you can get Caulcrick in the 6th or 7th.

X-Era
03-21-2008, 08:29 PM
....because Scmitt isn't a true NFL FB. He simply doesn't have the size. He'll end up playing as a #2 or #3 RB for some team. If you want a FB, you can get Caulcrick in the 6th or 7th.

The guy is 6' 2" 250 lb. thats not big enough?

Caulrick is 6' 0" 258 lb.

Am I missing something here?

PECKERWOOD
03-21-2008, 08:31 PM
I disagree that any TE we want will be available in the 2nd round. I really see Atlanta going after a TE with one of their 4 first day picks, afterall they did just lose Alge Crumpler.

coastal
03-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Ellis isn't going to be there...

plus don't need another DT. We need another player who can rush the ****ing passer.

Derrick Harvery brings this group into the bigtime.

Yasgur's Farm
03-22-2008, 06:28 AM
I disagree that any TE we want will be available in the 2nd round. I really see Atlanta going after a TE with one of their 4 first day picks, afterall they did just lose Alge Crumpler.Atlanta has 3 (not 4) day 1 picks... 4, 37 & 48. They pick just 2 before our 41... They need a whole mess-o-players. Given their need/value ratio, I think they'll wait untill at least the 48th pick before going TE.

Even if the Falcons grab 1 with their 1st 2 picks... We'll have our pick of 2 out of these 3, Martellus Bennett, Dustin Keller or Fred Davis.

Furthermore, if we wait until round 3 we'll get good help in Jermichael Finley, Brad Cottam or Jacob Tamme not to mention the likes of Martin Rucker.

Night Train
03-22-2008, 06:33 AM
TE's, like WR, is more than 1 or 2 deep.

Why some are panicing over not getting one is baffling. Both positions have multiple options. Quit focusing on 1 or 2 players as the beginning and end of the entire draft.

X-Era
03-22-2008, 08:01 AM
TE's, like WR, is more than 1 or 2 deep.

Why some are panicing over not getting one is baffling. Both positions have multiple options. Quit focusing on 1 or 2 players as the beginning and end of the entire draft.

Its because many know how important the position is and how we need the very best prospect we can get not just a warm body.

bflojohn
03-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Not only did Atlanta lose Alge Crumpler, they also lost his back-up Dwayne Blakley, ironically enough to the Tennessee Titans. The two are reunited in Nashville, amazing!

yordad
03-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Well, I just want to throw in my 2 cents. Bills needs...
1) WR
2) TE
3) CB
4) FB
5) C
6) OG
7) DE (I would have this alittle higher but we just got interior help, and these guys are straight paid)

I'm not saying that is the order we draft players, but I like Schmitt 5 times more then anyone we have at FB. I mean, Barnes is our starter right now. Sounds kinda useless and completely one dimensional. If Schmitt is drafted, he will have been drafted at a spot where there was only one person projected as a walk on starter. I don't see anyone projected to be available in the 4th or later that would be a walk on starter. We need an upgrade there, I think a FB starter is more important then a #5 WR.

I guess it just depends on whether you think Reed and Parrish are good at #3 and #4 Wrs.

For those people that say Schmitt is too small to block, and he is a tweener, or half back, watch him play before you judge. Because he blows people up blocking.

If you are interested in seeing him in action, there is a youtube clip of him blocking. He blast a CB about 5 yards, and as the CB is flying out of the way, he takes out another guy. While blocking the second guy, he gets in the way of a third guy.

He breaks facemasks. He can catch. He can pound in short yardage. Heck, the guy can even do a gimmick punt.

In short, I'm down to use a 4th on our 4th biggest need, and in doing so, getting the best FB in the draft.

Yasgur's Farm
03-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Atlanta didn't lose Crumpler... They released his ass!

X-Era
03-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Well, I just want to throw in my 2 cents. Bills needs...
1) WR
2) TE
3) CB
4) FB
5) C
6) OG
7) DE (I would have this alittle higher but we just got interior help, and these guys are straight paid)

I'm not saying that is the order we draft players, but I like Schmitt 5 times more then anyone we have at FB. I mean, Barnes is our starter right now. Sounds kinda useless and completely one dimensional. If Schmitt is drafted, he will have been drafted at a spot where there was only one person projected as a walk on starter. I don't see anyone projected to be available in the 4th or later that would be a walk on starter. We need an upgrade there, I think a FB starter is more important then a #5 WR.

I guess it just depends on whether you think Reed and Parrish are good at #3 and #4 Wrs.

For those people that say Schmitt is too small to block, and he is a tweener, or half back, watch him play before you judge. Because he blows people up blocking.

If you are interested in seeing him in action, there is a youtube clip of him blocking. He blast a CB about 5 yards, and as the CB is flying out of the way, he takes out another guy. While blocking the second guy, he gets in the way of a third guy.

He breaks facemasks. He can catch. He can pound in short yardage. Heck, the guy can even do a gimmick punt.

In short, I'm down to use a 4th on our 4th biggest need, and in doing so, getting the best FB in the draft.

There was another guy about his size, 6' 1" 248 lbs.

Hes was one of the best FB's ever to play the game.

His name was Mike Alstott and this guy reminds me of him alot.

Confused
03-22-2008, 08:34 PM
If schmitt is there in the 4th we get him. he's worth it in the lockerroom alone.