PDA

View Full Version : From the Desk of the Playa/NBF 08 Chief of Staff;

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 12:48 PM
For too long now we have sat by and allowed our opponents to take pot shots at our team about changing our views on issues. First off let me just say that this campaign will not be engaging in 3rd grade politicking by trying to drag our opponent through the mud on any issue. We respect each and every one of our opponents and their views whether we agree or disagree with them. We are just sorry that our opponents have choosen to go with negative campaign tactics to try and tarnish us. But that is a decision each individual campaign must make for themselves.

On the issues;
When the campaign first began it was not thought of as a serious effort since it was only happening in the TZ. Once the BZ staff got behind (Devin, and Shelby namely) L.A. Playa and his staff conferred and decided that maybe we didnt have all the answers about what the voters wanted. So we took to asking members what they wanted to see and what changes they thought would be best. This was advantageous to our campaign do to our deep rooted history in the inner workings of the site, having NBF as the VP, and Devin helping with the campaign. Also have original members like myself. We also touched all sectors as Devin is a usual BZ poster, I post a lot in the Scouting Zone, and Playa and Mad Bomber post a lot in the TZ, while NBF not only monitors but chimes in on all the boards. We are also the best equipped to not only know but to know what has and has not worked as far as it goes to moderating this board. We have both Mods and Admins chiming in and have shared those ideas with the candidate. So while Pussy and Beer for all in 08 would be a fantastic idea it is not feasible and Playa has admitted this. He also has never once said he was offended by Bang or Bucks, however he did say that some women and families who have younger children may in fact be offended by those images, considering we are after all a family site, much to the dismay of some. We know from real life that as campaigns grow and go through the election process they must maintain the ability to expand and take on new issues and accept new ideas. We choose not to close our mind to any ideas and know that this board is filled with hundreds of brilliant minds who we would love to hear from as much as possible and we welcome their comments, complaints, and advice!

On the debate...
The Playa campaign is the only campaign to fully answer the debate question. We provided not just ideas to improve the BZ, but also moderation policies, and went above and beyond to talk about the TZ and sub forums. We also spoke about the technical side of the site and encouraged taking even further advantage of some of the vbulletin features that are currently being offered that we could potentially implement.

On the voters...
We appreciate every vote in this primary. Not just our own votes but every person who choose to vote. You guys are the reason we are doing this, and we thank you all for caring enough to come out and show your support and take part in the democratic process. We encourage you to tune in for the second debate as well as the next primary and the general election. We thank you for your time and your effort and please continue to make the effort!

On the opponents...
We wish you all the very best of luck, while we may not all agree on the issues, we are confident we all wish to have Billszone.com become one of the best sites on the internet. Whether thats for Bills news, Draft news, FA news, Football news, Political news, or just having a place to come and hang out at. We appreciate the hard work of you and your campaign staff and look forward to the next debate and primary as we continue on this process to create a new era in Zone History.

Thank you all and good luck!
Playa/NBF 08 Staff

LtFinFan66
03-21-2008, 12:49 PM
:clap:

mybills
03-21-2008, 12:54 PM
No love for the Supervisor or the press?

Rock the Chief!

:rock: Chief

The King
03-21-2008, 12:57 PM
I appreciate you addressing the issues Draftboy. I have no issues with anyone in your campaign but I have issues with your issues.

Your campaign is soft, boring, and offers the same BS an actual campaign offers. While you have some heavy hitters on your side, I wont stand by and let you guys appear once every two days make a PC statement and disappear. I have zero fear about losing this election I will continue to speak my mind and I encourage my team to do the same.

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 12:57 PM
No love for the Supervisor or the press?

Rock the Chief!

:rock: Chief

We are simply responding to recent developments and talking points to our campaign we appreciate everything you do and have said so to you in fact. We support the PC Times and if you ever need a comment from our campaign my PM box is always open to you and I promise an expedient reply!

mybills
03-21-2008, 12:59 PM
I was just kidding. :ontome:

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I appreciate you addressing the issues Draftboy. I have no issues with anyone in your campaign but I have issues with your issues.

Your campaign is soft, boring, and offers the same BS an actual campaign offers. While you have some heavy hitters on your side, I wont stand by and let you guys appear once every two days make a PC statement and disappear. I have zero fear about losing this election I will continue to speak my mind and I encourage my team to do the same.

If your concern is simply that we offer the same BS then I really encourage you to re-read the debate thread. We have fresh ideas and plenty more where those came from, I promise you that. We neither appear once every two days or disappear. We are watching every comment and read everything. Because we choose not to engage in lower level fights doesnt mean we aren't here. We are preparing to be the example that we hope the rest of the campaigns will follow.

Will you and the other remaining campaign enter into a "No Negative Campaign Pledge" the rest of the way?

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 01:02 PM
I was just kidding. :ontome:

Im not however my PM box is always open for questions from the press. Consider it an open door policy for yourself.

Earthquake Enyart
03-21-2008, 01:03 PM

I concur. Being surronded by mods and admins is hardly a mandate for change. It's more of the same old BS.

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 01:05 PM
I concur. Being surronded by mods and admins is hardly a mandate for change. It's more of the same old BS.

While I appreciate your concern, your premise is wrong, we are not all cookie cutters and we can all attest to times when we wish more or less was done in certain circumstances and we all wish to see certain things change that we think would be advantageous to the site. Im sorry you have no chosen to engage on this issue as of yet, but I think if you did, you would see that not only are we not cookie cutters but rather have very innovative ideas for change. However we do appreciate your concern and allowing for us to be able to answer your question.

Will you be entering with us in a "No Negative Campaign Pledge"?

Gunzlingr
03-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Also, I answered each debate question point by point, so don't be claiming you were the only one.

Earthquake Enyart
03-21-2008, 01:08 PM
No.

I have yet to hear an idea from any opponent that I thought was unique. IT's the same old pulabber.

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Also, I answered each debate question point by point, so don't be claiming you were the only one.

That's incorrect because of your personal stance to not take on the moderating aspect of the job (a decision we respect) you did not fully answer that aspect of the question. However every other aspect was fully answered and we appreciate your honesty in that regard.

You spoke of probationary periods for new posters and how we should be able to conduct ourselves as posters and adults.

Also Gunz will your campaign be entering into a "No Negative Campaign Pledge" with us?

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 01:13 PM
No.

I have yet to hear an idea from any opponent that I thought was unique. IT's the same old pulabber.

Im sorry your feel that way but many voters disagree with you in that regard. We have heard from many voters that like our views and new ideas. I encourage you to stick around and keep an eye on our campaign?

Will you be taking the pledge with us or no?

The King
03-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Will you and the other remaining campaign enter into a "No Negative Campaign Pledge" the rest of the way?

Im not attacking anyone personally. As I said, I like all of you. But I truly feel like your whole bit is old, I have two MODs telling me that all of a sudden a change is coming... You have leader who has had an online persona he has completely left behind. Its just BS and while you have everyone else fooled Im sticking to my guns.

So No.

Gunzlingr
03-21-2008, 01:16 PM
That's incorrect because of your personal stance to not take on the moderating aspect of the job (a decision we respect) you did not fully answer that aspect of the question. However every other aspect was fully answered and we appreciate your honesty in that regard.

You spoke of probationary periods for new posters and how we should be able to conduct ourselves as posters and adults.

Also Gunz will your campaign be entering into a "No Negative Campaign Pledge" with us?

I discussed the moderation part in there - including not moving/threads unless there was a complaint, and it wouldn't be an individual decision but a consensus of all mods. I just started off by saying I had no interest in personal power.

I have had a no negative campaign going from the get go, so I don't feel I need a pledge.

DraftBoy
Im not attacking anyone personally. As I said, I like all of you. But I truly feel like your whole bit is old, I have two MODs telling me that all of a sudden a change is coming... You have leader who has had an online persona he has completely left behind. Its just BS and while you have everyone else fooled Im sticking to my guns.

So No.

While Im deeply disappointed in your decision and the negative ramifications it has already had and will continue to have on your campaign. I can do nothing but respect your stance to stand on your laurels. I wish you the best of luck the rest of the way and if you have any other questions, Ill be happy to answer them via PM or just post them on the board and Ill respond. Good Luck!

Earthquake Enyart
Im sorry your feel that way but many voters disagree with you in that regard. We have heard from many voters that like our views and new ideas. I encourage you to stick around and keep an eye on our campaign?

Will you be taking the pledge with us or no?
I said no already.

Just because you keep saying you are different doesn't mean you are.

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 01:17 PM
I have had a no negative campaign going from the get go, so I don't feel I need a pledge.

Again Im disappointed in your decision and the ramifications it will have, if you've made no effort from the get go (like our own campaign) then where is the harm in taking the pledge? However I can only also respect your decision and wish you the best of luck!

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 01:18 PM
I said no already.

Just because you keep saying you are different doesn't mean you are.

Im sorry you feel that way but I dont think your opinion is in the majority. I also am saddened by your decision to not take the pledge but I understand that each campaign must make their own decisions and wish you the best of luck the rest of the way!

Earthquake Enyart
03-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Im sorry you feel that way but I dont think your opinion is in the majority. I also am saddened by your decision to not take the pledge but I understand that each campaign must make their own decisions and wish you the best of luck the rest of the way!
What a load.

Gunzlingr
03-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Again Im disappointed in your decision and the ramifications it will have, if you've made no effort from the get go (like our own campaign) then where is the harm in taking the pledge? However I can only also respect your decision and wish you the best of luck!

Why should I? I have been attacked by various camps, and have yet to respond. I just don't think I should be left defenseless if the attacks escalate and get extreme. If it is like a plege in the real world, it will be broken before I finish my Dr. Pepper.

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Why should I? I have been attacked by various camps, and have yet to respond. I just don't think I should be left defenseless if the attacks escalate and get extreme. If it is like a plege in the real world, it will be broken before I finish my Dr. Pepper.

Like I said that is a decision for each individual campaign to make, and like your campaign we have been attacked by various camps and have also yet to resort to the same tactics. We hold ourselves to a very high standard because its what we feel like the Zone needs in a leader and we want to set that example. Good luck wading through the attacks on your campaign.

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 01:23 PM
What a load.

Sorry you disagree with our campaign stances and good luck in the primary!

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 01:28 PM
I can't believe what I am reading! LA Playa is the candidate for morality? He wants to move MBBs BOB threads to the No TOS Zone, but never chimed in when I was lambasted and criticized by many in the zone when I had an objection to an avatar that I found offensive. I had nor have any problem with MBB's BOB threads because I have seen no offensive material in them. Moreover, I have put the avatar problem behind me as the staff have spoken so to speak and found it unobjectionable. Many of that staff are now on Mr. Playa's staff, and now he wants to censure the zone even more? Is this what the Zone really wants? I can only guess that they do with them voting for him.

I also wonder how much a man who says he will personally PM individually EVERY person who seems to start trouble in the zone. I think that is not only a monumental task, I think Santa Clause would find it difficult to find the time to do that.

I also take umbrage with your stance that your campaign is the only one to not throw mud at the other campaigns. Pointing out obvious changes in your candidate's stance does not mean you are being attacked. I would also like to see obvious mudslinging from all the other candidates.

R. Rich
Why should I? I have been attacked by various camps, and have yet to respond.

That will change.

Gunzlingr
Like I said that is a decision for each individual campaign to make, and like your campaign we have been attacked by various camps and have also yet to resort to the same tactics. We hold ourselves to a very high standard because its what we feel like the Zone needs in a leader and we want to set that example. Good luck wading through the attacks on your campaign.

Same to you.

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 01:30 PM

How did he not fully answer the aspect of the moderating question. It regarded HOW it should be moderated, not he was going to moderate the zone.

mybills
03-21-2008, 01:32 PM
That Santa Claus comment was funny! :rofl:

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 01:38 PM
I can't believe what I am reading! LA Playa is the candidate for morality? He wants to move MBBs BOB threads to the No TOS Zone, but never chimed in when I was lambasted and criticized by many in the zone when I had an objection to an avatar that I found offensive. I had nor have any problem with MBB's BOB threads because I have seen no offensive material in them. Moreover, I have put the avatar problem behind me as the staff have spoken so to speak and found it unobjectionable. Many of that staff are now on Mr. Playa's staff, and now he wants to censure the zone even more? Is this what the Zone really wants? I can only guess that they do with them voting for him.

I also wonder how much a man who says he will personally PM individually EVERY person who seems to start trouble in the zone. I think that is not only a monumental task, I think Santa Clause would find it difficult to find the time to do that.

I also take umbrage with your stance that your campaign is the only one to not throw mud at the other campaigns. Pointing out obvious changes in your candidate's stance does not mean you are being attacked. I would also like to see obvious mudslinging from all the other candidates.

Cher as I said already once and I can quote it is that Playa never said he had any issue with the BoB threads. Not once, he simply pointed out that this being a family website he could see how young children, women, or parents may take issue with that and if it became a problem then a move may be necessary. I was not involved with your avatar issue as far as staff go so Im not privy to the exact incident you are referring to for that I apologize personally.

Also currently we as staff send out numerous PM's especially when posts are reported so Im not how this isnt feasible at all?

I never once said pointing out change of stance on issues was considered mud slinging. I said we've seen it and victim of it. If you need proof read many of the threads around. We are choose to simply not engage in it.

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 01:42 PM
How did he not fully answer the aspect of the moderating question. It regarded HOW it should be moderated, not he was going to moderate the zone.

I have addressed this already with Gunz, and as I told him, since his personal preference was not to take on the moderator role he did not answer how it should be moderated he mentioned that posters should act like big boys and girls and that new posters should have a probationary period. That does not speak to the direct task of moderation when problems arise. While his ideas are new and fresh it does not cover the entire scope of moderation, which I think Gunz realized being a former mod himself and understood why I said what I said. It was not a shot at Gunz rather just saying that its understandable given his position on the issue.

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Cher as I said already once and I can quote it is that Playa never said he had any issue with the BoB threads. Not once, he simply pointed out that this being a family website he could see how young children, women, or parents may take issue with that and if it became a problem then a move may be necessary. I was not involved with your avatar issue as far as staff go so Im not privy to the exact incident you are referring to for that I apologize personally.

Also currently we as staff send out numerous PM's especially when posts are reported so Im not how this isnt feasible at all?

I never once said pointing out change of stance on issues being pointed out was considered mud slinging. I said we've seen it and victim of it. If you need proof read many of the threads around. We are choose to simply not engage in it.

My avatar issue was brought up by a couple of people in general. I would have thought as a staff member you would know about it. Even the THOUGHT of moving threads to the NO TOS zone because of what he feels as questionable content stinks of censur. There are clear guidelines on that and I don't believe they have been broken by Mr. Bedard. Is he suggesting that some of those guidelines be rewritten?

I know you currently send out PMs to people. I was under the impression that he would do this personally. If it is just the staff that sends out PMs, how does that change the status quo?

I think 3/4s of the campaigns have done a great job of NOT attacking the other campaigns on anything other than the issues. For the most part.

LtBillsFan66
03-21-2008, 01:49 PM
We don't need more rules, which Playa is proposing. The mods need much better direction and leadership in being fair and consistent with the present ones.

The last buffalo fan
03-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I love girlscout fights!

Michael82
03-21-2008, 01:56 PM
I was not involved with your avatar issue as far as staff go so Im not privy to the exact incident you are referring to for that I apologize personally.

How could you not remember the infamous avatar incident? Remember....cher did not like my avatar that was created by Mad Bomber. He thought it was offensive and there was a whole controversy over it. :doh:

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 01:58 PM
My avatar issue was brought up by a couple of people in general. I would have thought as a staff member you would know about it. Even the THOUGHT of moving threads to the NO TOS zone because of what he feels as questionable content stinks of censur. There are clear guidelines on that and I don't believe they have been broken by Mr. Bedard. Is he suggesting that some of those guidelines be rewritten?

I know you currently send out PMs to people. I was under the impression that he would do this personally. If it is just the staff that sends out PMs, how does that change the status quo?

I think 3/4s of the campaigns have done a great job of NOT attacking the other campaigns on anything other than the issues. For the most part.

As you may or may not know I was sick for a while and been very busy working on the Scouting Zone and draft guide so Im sorry for not seeing it and I again personally apologize for missing it.

He never said he thought they has questionable content, he said he could see how a young child, parent, or mother might be offended, seeing as how he is none of those things....He is simply suggesting that if it were to become an issue that steps would need to be taken in that regard and that moving the posts is simply one option. He's not saying to do it now, he's saying to do it if an issue arises with the threads from another poster.

He is certainly welcome to do it personally if he so chooses, I think the exact role the President elect will play is a very undefined one that both sides (President Elect and Staff) will have to come together with their own ideas to see what duties will be handled and who by. Also so a more clear role can by laid out and realistic expectations set.

I agree most campaigns have done a good job, and I wish to see that continue, however in recent days attacks have drastically increased and I hope that does not become a trend.

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 01:59 PM
How could you not remember the infamous avatar incident? Remember....cher did not like my avatar that was created by Mad Bomber. He thought it was offensive and there was a whole controversy over it. :doh:

No Im reading the old thread now so that I can familirize myself with it.

LtBillsFan66
03-21-2008, 02:00 PM

How can anyone forget?

R. Rich
03-21-2008, 02:02 PM
We don't need more rules, which Playa is proposing. The mods need much better direction and leadership in being fair and consistent with the present ones.

They're too afraid of making me their overlord, Matthew.

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Thank you Draftboy for addressing my concerns. While I may not agree with the entire content of your answers, I agree with the hope that the intensity of attacks doesn't increase.

Good luck.

Iehoshua
03-21-2008, 02:10 PM
They're too afraid of making me their overlord, Matthew. Rich for Overlord!

:bandwagon

LtBillsFan66
03-21-2008, 02:10 PM
We don't need someone forcing their beliefs on the Zone. We need someone to liven it up and provide direction to the wayward mods.

Earthquake Enyart
03-21-2008, 02:11 PM
I love girlscout fights!
Me too!!

The last buffalo fan
03-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh boy, should I cry or should I laugh ........................what a joke of campaings!

EE, we need you as our President. We don't need clowns running the place! :ill:

BlackMetalNinja
03-21-2008, 02:23 PM
I wish I had seen this earlier... what a load of crap. Thank You Bedard for sticking to your guns on this. Hell thank you to the other two candidates for sticking to THEIR guns (Gunz?) on this!

It goes beyond LA Playa's claims of "beer and pussy in 08". His whole identity here is based around him constantly being with women and how smooth he supposedly his. Look at what his avatar and signature was before this election even began! Now all of the sudden he's Mr. Morality, Mr. Nice Guy that won't take a shot at anybody? The same guy that started threads bashing people that were married and didn't subscribe to his "one woman can never be enough" rhetoric? Then baited everybody that thought otherwise into arguing with him? Are you kidding me?

It sounds like to me that NBF (admin), Devin (admin) and Draftboy (Mod) are pulling the strings on the puppet show. You're already staff, if you had all these great ideas for change, why haven't you already implemented them, and what's going to be the difference in helping you implement them now if you couldn't do it before?!??!?!

Yeah, you're leading in the polls, but it's simply because your candidate ran around telling anybody and everybody whatever it was they wanted to hear... and other than yourselves who are already staff for the most part, you've got a bunch of people that more than likely don't give a damn about the issues backing you.

So refrain from all the attacks you want, but all I see is the same old garbage beind spewed, while trying to cover up everything your candidate DID stand for up until a week ago.

LtBillsFan66
03-21-2008, 02:29 PM
I wish I had seen this earlier... what a load of crap. Thank You Bedard for sticking to your guns on this. Hell thank you to the other two candidates for sticking to THEIR guns (Gunz?) on this!

It goes beyond LA Playa's claims of "beer and pussy in 08". His whole identity here is based around him constantly being with women and how smooth he supposedly his. Look at what his avatar and signature was before this election even began! Now all of the sudden he's Mr. Morality, Mr. Nice Guy that won't take a shot at anybody? The same guy that started threads bashing people that were married and didn't subscribe to his "one woman can never be enough" rhetoric? Then baited everybody that thought otherwise into arguing with him? Are you kidding me?

It sounds like to me that NBF (admin), Devin (admin) and Draftboy (Mod) are pulling the strings on the puppet show. You're already staff, if you had all these great ideas for change, why haven't you already implemented them, and what's going to be the difference in helping you implement them now if you couldn't do it before?!??!?!

Yeah, you're leading in the polls, but it's simply because your candidate ran around telling anybody and everybody whatever it was they wanted to hear... and other than yourselves who are already staff for the most part, you've got a bunch of people that more than likely don't give a damn about the issues backing you.

So refrain from all the attacks you want, but all I see is the same old garbage beind spewed, while trying to cover up everything your candidate DID stand for up until a week ago.

:bow:

BlackMetalNinja
03-21-2008, 02:30 PM
:bow:

:bf1: :hi5:

The King
03-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Nice Job By everyone involved here. Interesting that have still yet to see Playa. Seems Draftboy is doing his dirty work.

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2008, 02:36 PM
:popcorn:

Gunzlingr
03-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Nice Job By everyone involved here. Interesting that have still yet to see Playa. Seems Draftboy is doing his dirty work.

Draftboy is the Billszone version of Karl Rove!

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2008, 02:40 PM

:rofl:
:bf1:
:goodpost:

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 02:46 PM

:rofl:

ouch

The last buffalo fan
03-21-2008, 03:02 PM

Vote "EE & Thurm"!!

THATHURMANATOR
03-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Vote "EE & Thurm"!!
The campaign is gaining late momentum!!!

Gunzlingr
03-21-2008, 03:16 PM
The campaign is gaining late momentum!!!

IS IT?

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 03:34 PM

As Ive said before the candidates will not be getting involved in this kind of thing. I assure you I more than capable of handling questions about the campaign and the issues at hand. Besides both Playa and NBF lead busy lives and dont have time to answer to everyones beckon and call. Ive spoken with Playa today at length and he is aware of the comments Ive made and I do speak for the entire team. I appreciate your concern for my candidate but he is fine.

As for his dirty work? Im a little confused by that? Dispelling rumors and providing light to the voters is dirty work? As you can see I have dealt with the Gunz and Cher campaign in a professional manner and while we dont see eye to eye on every issue we have cleared the air on any misinformation that was out there. Is there something you wish to ask MBB?

The King
03-21-2008, 03:37 PM
As for his dirty work? Im a little confused by that? Dispelling rumors and providing light to the voters is dirty work? As you can see I have dealt with the Gunz and Cher campaign in a professional manner and while we dont see eye to eye on every issue we have cleared the air on any misinformation that was out there. Is there something you wish to ask MBB?

No, I think if I read anymore of your posts in this thread I may fall asleep, or into a coma.

YardRat
03-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Wake me up when somebody actually worthwhile decides to run...Will ya?

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 03:53 PM

Call it what you wish BMN but this was written on my own will and is the farthest thing from a "load of crap"

L.A. Playa has continually said that he comes around here in the TZ to have fun and kick back. If you have mistaken that for his actual personality all the time and that thus has led to you underestimating him and his team, then Im sorry you choose that, but Playa is not only a successful board member, but also a successful person off the board. Its that drive that he is now channeling here to make the Zone a better place. As for the transformation you have seen that is Playa doing what he thinks is best for the Zone now that this game has become more serious. You yourself have commented about you have become more serious about this since the game was elevated by Shelby and other staff. We have never once dispelled or said we were hiding from any previous thing Playa has said or had on his profile. I dont see anywhere that he has become Mr. Morality, and if you're going to drag out the BoB misquote again then Ill simply refer you to the first post of this thread where I have addressed that.

Playa has never once broken the TOS or been warned for any kind of an attack on a poster. So Im a little confused as to where this mentality is coming from that he is somehow not a nice guy. If your beef is that he has baited people into a discussion with him, then we can ask every guy on the board if they've ever done that or not before and we'd all be guilty. Again we've never hidden or denounced this before. So again I dont see what you are getting at.

Well BMN if you must know (and honestly not that its anybody's business) but some of us are very busy in our own lives with personal stuff going on. I can only speak for myself candidly when I say I have not been around nearly enough due to some personal issues that I wish not to talk about...you know what, forget it, I can talk about it just fine. Ive been dealing with mental issues ranging from anxiety on a daily basis to borderline depression. So while Im around for bursts of time Im not around nearly enough and this is the moment that I have to be around for the draft and I cant for the site. I have great ideas that I want to see implemented but sometimes things in life get in the way of me doing that, and thats been my problem as of late. Im so sorry that we havent done everything we can but my health comes first. I cant speak for Devin or NBF and I wont, though I do know both have been extremely busy with stuff in their own lives. Much to the disappointment of some, we dont sit here all day and kick ideas around, we all get very busy and this was Devin's idea to make the site better that Shelby graciously took up and has handled marvelously. So please dont call out the staff when you really have no idea what's going on in individual lives, because it really doesn't look good at all.

However back to your point about us pulling the strings on the campaign, nothing Playa is saying has been fed to him through me, or through Devin, or NBF, or Mad. Its his own thoughts with our input included. He is the candidate and that much is clear to us all. We work as a team to support him.

As for trashing our voters now, seriously? These guys and girls who have voted for, have done so for their own reasons, at least stick to the candidate who is running, but trashing the people who voted for us and saying they dont care? Man thats low...

Im sure you'll have a response and Ill have a response for that, but I still wish you guys the best of luck. I do wish I had more time (and hopefully will with my new medication) to dedicate to this site and this does go to show how much you all care and for that Im very thankful. I do wish you all the very best luck and may the best campaign win.

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 03:54 PM
No, I think if I read anymore of your posts in this thread I may fall asleep, or into a coma.

What do you mean exactly?

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 03:55 PM

While I am honored by your thought of me as one of the most forward thinking political leaders in the modern era, I assure you I am not. I am simply a contract governmental affairs specialist, who strives to help people. Playa and the zone are my people and I plan to help them the best I can. But thank you for the compliment! :up:

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 03:55 PM
As Ive said before the candidates will not be getting involved in this kind of thing. I assure you I more than capable of handling questions about the campaign and the issues at hand. Besides both Playa and NBF lead busy lives and dont have time to answer to everyones beckon and call. Ive spoken with Playa today at length and he is aware of the comments Ive made and I do speak for the entire team.

So, they lead busy lives and can't answer everyone's beck and call, but you spoke "at length" with the candidate for president? Which is it?

If he doesn't have the time to deal with this campaign, maybe he doesn't have the time to be the president? Or is it that he just doesn't want to deal with the "little people"?

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Wake me up when somebody actually worthwhile decides to run...Will ya?

"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem."

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Holy crap! I think we have already pushed DB over the edge!

YardRat
03-21-2008, 04:03 PM
"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem."

I'm trying to be part of the solution...I eagerly await responses to my thread.

BlackMetalNinja
03-21-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm not going to spend all day going back and for with you so you can play spin master some more. The fact that LA Playa has to have an "online persona" that is different from his actual personality, as you say is the case, is all the proof I need that I don't want him in a position of power on this board.

Our whole team has been taking crap for "giving crap" during this process, but you know what... that's who we are, that's who we've always been. We're a group of guys with a good sense of humor that like to joke around and have a little fun, but at the same time, we do have some real ideas of what would make this place better. We don't need "online personas" to hide behind because we're perfectly comfortable in our own skin, doing and saying what we think.

Additionally, Cher hit the nail on the head... you don't have the time to answer to everybody else with questions and comments on here, but you seem to have more than enough time to speak to one another about your plans. If you're so busy that you can't stay involved in this and only show up every other day to post a "I'm a great guy vote for me" line and take off, then how the hell should we expect you to have enough time to address the issues and concerns brought up to you regarding the board if you end up in a position to in fact address those things.

If you want to be super PC and put the same exact people that are already in power, but don't have enough time to try and implement their supposed ideas, vote for Playa.

If you want somebody that is just going to be themself and not put up a front as the situation warrants, somebody with fresh ideas and the time and energy to put them to good use, vote for Bedard.

I await your answer full of no substance or emotion, but just more standard politically correct party lines with baited breath.

Gunzlingr
03-21-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm not going to spend all day going back and for with you so you can play spin master some more. The fact that LA Playa has to have an "online persona" that is different from his actual personality, as you say is the case, is all the proof I need that I don't want him in a position of power on this board.

Our whole team has been taking crap for "giving crap" during this process, but you know what... that's who we are, that's who we've always been. We're a group of guys with a good sense of humor that like to joke around and have a little fun, but at the same time, we do have some real ideas of what would make this place better. We don't need "online personas" to hide behind because we're perfectly comfortable in our own skin, doing and saying what we think.

Additionally, Cher hit the nail on the head... you don't have the time to answer to everybody else with questions and comments on here, but you seem to have more than enough time to speak to one another about your plans. If you're so busy that you can't stay involved in this and only show up every other day to post a "I'm a great guy vote for me" line and take off, then how the hell should we expect you to have enough time to address the issues and concerns brought up to you regarding the board if you end up in a position to in fact address those things.

If you want to be super PC and put the same exact people that are already in power, but don't have enough time to try and implement their supposed ideas, vote for Playa.

If you want somebody that is just going to be themself and not put up a front as the situation warrants, somebody with fresh ideas and the time and energy to put them to good use, vote for Gunz.

Amen Brutha!

The King
03-21-2008, 04:46 PM
:jam:

BlackMetalNinja
03-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Amen Brutha!

Nice try...

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 05:41 PM
So, they lead busy lives and can't answer everyone's beck and call, but you spoke "at length" with the candidate for president? Which is it?

If he doesn't have the time to deal with this campaign, maybe he doesn't have the time to be the president? Or is it that he just doesn't want to deal with the "little people"?

I didnt say that. As you know PM's take a matter of minutes to respond to, however it takes constant attention to monitor the constant comments in threads aside from that this was my comments and my ideas. Playa was told that I wanted to comment however he wasn't consulted on what I was going to say. He had the faith in me to allow me to speak for the campaign, so why would he show up here? This is my thread, with my comments, not his. Playa like the rest of us has time for that some days and others doesnt. We all get busy in life, nobody here is available 24/7, thats life.

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Holy crap! I think we have already pushed DB over the edge!

Nah not even close, I deal with that stuff on a daily basis the staff here is aware of it. All of us have things that we dont always share publicly, however if Im going to be called out to the firing squad as to why I havent done my part, then Im going to defend myself if I have a legitimate excuse, given the PMs Ive received I wish I hadn't said what I had, but its out there now, and Im not backing down from it. Ill deal with the comments that have been made to me on my own.

The King
03-21-2008, 05:45 PM
I think you have done more than your part today alone.

Earthquake Enyart
03-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Nah not even close, I deal with that stuff on a daily basis the staff here is aware of it. All of us have things that we dont always share publicly, however if Im going to be called out to the firing squad as to why I havent done my part, then Im going to defend myself if I have a legitimate excuse, given the PMs Ive received I wish I hadn't said what I had, but its out there now, and Im not backing down from it. Ill deal with the comments that have been made to me on my own.

Have you been outed?

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2008, 06:16 PM

If people have been seriously ***** with you about your problems, then they have more serious problems than you.

DraftBoy
03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
If people have been seriously ***** with you about your problems, then they have more serious problems than you.

As I said I will deal with that and those people on my own, thats not about this election and nobody elses problem to deal with but my own. Ill deal with that. Im going to be gone the rest of the weekend, except for 5-10 min intervals here and there. Good Luck to all the campaigns and happy holidays!

casdhf
03-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Gunz/Bedard would have been the super ticket!

shelby
03-22-2008, 12:53 PM
It has always been the mantra of the Zone staff that we do what we can, when we can. Real life is far more important and should always come first.

DB, i wish you all the best. Hang in there, and i hope you'll be feeling better soon.
:bighug:

casdhf
03-22-2008, 12:56 PM
I need to do something. Who can hire me?

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2008, 01:04 PM
I need to do something. Who can hire me?

Can you do video editing and such?

casdhf
03-22-2008, 02:11 PM
No. I have no useful skills.

mybills
03-23-2008, 07:00 AM
No. I have no useful skills.
The perfect politician! :up:

Earthquake Enyart
03-23-2008, 10:29 PM
It has always been the mantra of the Zone staff that we do what we can, when we can.
:bighug:
:puke: