• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Sabres put Connolly on IR

Tim Connolly's 2007-08 season is over.

Buffalo Sabres general manager Darcy Regier announced Friday prior to Buffalo's match-up with the Toronto Maple Leafs that the talented pivot will have season-ending surgery to repair the very painful bone spur in his hip on Monday.

Following this weekend, Connolly will travel to Vail, Colorado to have the procedure, which will abruptly end a year that saw the Syracuse, N.Y. native total seven goals and 40 points in 48 games.

The bone spur was just one of three ailments that forced the center to miss a total 26 games this season to this point: abdominal strain (5); flu (2); and groin/hip (19). Connolly last suited up for the Sabres on Mar. 10 against the New York Rangers.

Connolly intended to undergo the procedure following the season and was attempting to battle through the pain.

In his past three NHL seasons, Connolly has missed 127 of a possible 246 games due to injury.
    The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sabres put Connolly on IR

Can we please get rid of the Tinman already?!?! This guy is hurt more than he plays and is pretty much a waste of money. If he was healthy it would be a different story, but he is such a liability that I think it is time to cut bait.

Comment

• Mitchell55
      only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Nighthawk
      Can we please get rid of the Tinman already?!?! This guy is hurt more than he plays and is pretty much a waste of money. If he was healthy it would be a different story, but he is such a liability that I think it is time to cut bait.

He is one of the best when he plays but thats only about 3 games a month.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MLynch23
        He is one of the best when he plays but thats only about 3 games a month.
        If that!

Comment

• qcsabresfan84
          • Feb 2003

This is definately a big disappointment. I've liked Timmy but he really does struggle to get on the ice.
          N.C. STATE WOLFPACK

Comment

• Mitchell55
            only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by qcsabresfan84
            This is definately a big disappointment. I've liked Timmy but he really does struggle to get on the ice.

But this and Teppo makes you respect our team that much more. Connolly is playing each game by a thread and still makes some great plays and gives it his all. And Teppo is a 39 year old player who is coming back after a heart surgery at the end of the season. Gaustad had one of the worst injuries in NHL history and came back and played hard in the Playoffs. Malarchuk got the worst injury in history and still played. The Sabres are probably the most resilient team in the NHL.

Comment

• LABillsFan
              • Aug 2002

Hopefully the FO will give him a 10% raise and sign him to 3 more years. He's too valuable to the team

Sarcasm
              I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

This injury is something that should be corrected next year. I know TC is not on the ice enough but he's a player that would be very difficult to cut ties with. The issue with the head seems to have been corrected just as they said and these things could just be bad luck and he comes back and starts playing full seasons for years. TC is one of if not the best player on the team. He's absolutely dangerous and scary for the other team.
                Last edited by Typ0; 03-22-2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jan 2004

Comment

• JD
                    Sabres Zone
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                    This injury is something that should be corrected next year. I know TC is not on the ice enough but he's a player that would be very difficult to cut ties with. The issue with the head seems to have been corrected just as they said and these things could just be bad luck and he comes back and starts playing full seasons for years. TC is one of if not the best player on the team. He's absolutely dangerous and scary for the other team.
                    Exactly.
                    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

What a waste of money. This guy is more injury prone than Rob Johnson. Time to close the book on him. It's a shame too because he has sooo much damn talent and is a big part of our PP.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Jan 2004

No such luck,

Regier said Connolly is expected to be ready for training camp in September.

Comment

Working...
                        X