PDA

View Full Version : MBB's cult of personality

OpIv37
03-21-2008, 10:11 PM
I've stayed out of this election so far, but I just started reading some of the threads so I'm going to post a few comments.

If you look at MBB's initial post in the debate, his responses are humorous and fun to read. No doubt MBB has a lot of personality and has almost singlehandedly kept the TZ going over the last year or so. But he's almost a no-show in the main forum, so I'm not sure he has the experience to run it. His ideas aren't very practical, but he's covering that with entertainment value. If he's going to earn my vote, he needs more BZ experience before I'll take him seriously.

The King
03-22-2008, 12:19 AM
I dont want to run anything Op. Thats not really my deal.

The BZ just needs some tweaking... I think my personality could help calm things down over there. Keep the spamming and flaming to a minimum and keep discussions productive. I think the staff now does a great job I just want to help keep things on track.

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2008, 07:37 AM
I've stayed out of this election so far, but I just started reading some of the threads so I'm going to post a few comments.

If you look at MBB's initial post in the debate, his responses are humorous and fun to read. No doubt MBB has a lot of personality and has almost singlehandedly kept the TZ going over the last year or so. But he's almost a no-show in the main forum, so I'm not sure he has the experience to run it. His ideas aren't very practical, but he's covering that with entertainment value. If he's going to earn my vote, he needs more BZ experience before I'll take him seriously.

Are you going to post comments on the other candidates? Or are you just telling MBB what he could do to make you feel more comfortable for voting for him?

OpIv37
03-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Are you going to post comments on the other candidates? Or are you just telling MBB what he could do to make you feel more comfortable for voting for him?

In time- I was reading the threads and that jumped out at me. I will comment on all the candidates once I have an opportunity to ponder their stances a little more.

LtBillsFan66
03-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Bedard is the right choice for the Zone.

The King
03-22-2008, 09:56 AM
But he's almost a no-show in the main forum, so I'm not sure he has the experience to run it. His ideas aren't very practical, but he's covering that with entertainment value. If he's going to earn my vote, he needs more BZ experience before I'll take him seriously.

I also backed TE before it was cool to do so!

Bill Brasky
03-22-2008, 10:02 AM
But he's almost a no-show in the main forum, so I'm not sure he has the experience to run it.

this is why we have put together a solid cabinet... though MBB spends most of his time in the TZ, other members of his party such as myself spend more time in other forums.

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2008, 10:07 AM
In time- I was reading the threads and that jumped out at me. I will comment on all the candidates once I have an opportunity to ponder their stances a little more.

Thank you. The Gunz ticket would appreciate any views that could help us better our campaign.

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2008, 10:10 AM
I also would like to point out what a train wreck the main forum can be and how Gunz feels he is the candidate that can help bring that back to its former glory.

YardRat
03-22-2008, 10:58 AM

Well, really, which ticket isn't headed by a candidate that does most of their damage outside of the main forum?

BlackMetalNinja
03-22-2008, 11:12 AM
I agree with what Freeman says, and if you look at the other candidates, you'll see the same. I can't even remember the last time I ever saw LA Playa post in the BZ... and Gunz doesn't post there much at all either. Freeman posts their frequently from our group, and I'm there semi-frequently as well. I read a lot more than I post in the particular section however.

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2008, 11:28 AM
I agree with what Freeman says, and if you look at the other candidates, you'll see the same. I can't even remember the last time I ever saw LA Playa post in the BZ... and Gunz doesn't post there much at all either. Freeman posts their frequently from our group, and I'm there semi-frequently as well. I read a lot more than I post in the particular section however.

Dr.Lecter supports our ticket and he posts there often.

YardRat
03-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Dr.Lecter supports our ticket and he posts there often.

Supporters may post there, but the main candidates are all lacking in presence in the main forum.

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Supporters may post there, but the main candidates are all lacking in presence in the main forum.

When Gunz is president, that will change.

DraftBoy
03-22-2008, 10:45 PM

Freeman is constantly out of town and is not somebody Id consider a regular poster there. You would be the most regular poster and by your own admission you're only semi-regular.

As for the Playa team you have myself who runs the Scouting Zone and prepares the Draft Guide every season for the BZ, Devin who is a regular BZ poster along with a legend in the TZ, and an insult contest winner, and Zoner of the Year award recipient. You have NBF who is an admin who monitors every forum constantly and is also King Drumk, Mad is the master photoshop artist who is responsible for the Drunk Mikey avatar craze earlier this year, and Playa himself is a constant TZ poster. Our team has the best variety of posters of any team and we provide the most expertise and knowledge of what the problems are of all the boards and how best to address them. We touch all bases not just one or two.

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Freeman is constantly out of town and is not somebody Id consider a regular poster there. You would be the most regular poster and by your own admission you're only semi-regular.

As for the Playa team you have myself who runs the Scouting Zone and prepares the Draft Guide every season for the BZ, Devin who is a regular BZ poster along with a legend in the TZ, and an insult contest winner, and Zoner of the Year award recipient. You have NBF who is an admin who monitors every forum constantly and is also King Drumk, Mad is the master photoshop artist who is responsible for the Drunk Mikey avatar craze earlier this year, and Playa himself is a constant TZ poster. Our team has the best variety of posters of any team and we provide the most expertise and knowledge of what the problems are of all the boards and how best to address them. We touch all bases not just one or two.
Rockstar and I post more in the Sabres Zone in a day than any of you do... EVER. We're also frequent in the Sports Zone, oh and I do Fat Tony duties as well (others help there). Clearly Bedard owns the TZ currently... we can go all day with this.

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Rockstar and I post more in the Sabres Zone in a day than any of you do... EVER. We're also frequent in the Sports Zone, oh and I do Fat Tony duties as well (others help there). Clearly Bedard owns the TZ currently... we can go all day with this.

And when those board ante up to anywhere near the viewership of the BZ, then I think that become a relevant point, however the BZ is the golden egg that every candidate needs to consider and in reality you guys have nobody who really posts there. I also dont agree at all with your notion that "Bedard owns the TZ" he posts the game but I dont think he is near the top posters in there daily. Sparking discussion is one thing, casting votes is another, but thats far from owning a forum. Id argue that Dude has more ownership over the TZ then Bedard does, simply because he actually has a hand in running that forum. And yes I know should Bedard win he will have more of a hand in running the forum, but that does not detract from your point or my own. This is the Billszone first and foremost and I dont see anybody on your staff who Id say is so integrated in the BZ that they have a great grasp of who the best posters are there, the worst, the most heralded and the most unheralded. You are right we can go back and forth about this all day, however my main concern is the BZ, not the TZ. Call me crazy though I guess...

YardRat
03-23-2008, 09:05 AM
When Gunz is president, that will change.

Sounds like an empty campaign promise just dying to go un-fulfilled.

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 11:02 AM
And when those board ante up to anywhere near the viewership of the BZ, then I think that become a relevant point, however the BZ is the golden egg that every candidate needs to consider and in reality you guys have nobody who really posts there. I also dont agree at all with your notion that "Bedard owns the TZ" he posts the game but I dont think he is near the top posters in there daily. Sparking discussion is one thing, casting votes is another, but thats far from owning a forum. Id argue that Dude has more ownership over the TZ then Bedard does, simply because he actually has a hand in running that forum. And yes I know should Bedard win he will have more of a hand in running the forum, but that does not detract from your point or my own. This is the Billszone first and foremost and I dont see anybody on your staff who Id say is so integrated in the BZ that they have a great grasp of who the best posters are there, the worst, the most heralded and the most unheralded. You are right we can go back and forth about this all day, however my main concern is the BZ, not the TZ. Call me crazy though I guess...

All your team has done is toot your own horn about what you're already doing around here... so what the hell is the point of this contest then??? You guys sure make it sound like you already have it under control.

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 11:04 AM
All your team has done is toot your own horn about what you're already doing around here... so what the hell is the point of this contest then??? You guys sure make it sound like you already have it under control.

Plenty is to be done, if you guys can't see that Im sorry. All Im doing is simply pointing out why we are the best team because we cover all the zones and have the most indepth knowledge of the whats wrong where and how to fix it. We know the issues in and out and we have the best ideas on how to correct those. Do I wish there was no issues, or that some were already corrected? Of course however this isnt a perfect world. I wish you guys the best though in tomorrows debate!

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Plenty is to be done, if you guys can't see that Im sorry. All Im doing is simply pointing out why we are the best team because we cover all the zones and have the most indepth knowledge of the whats wrong where and how to fix it. We know the issues in and out and we have the best ideas on how to correct those. Do I wish there was no issues, or that some were already corrected? Of course however this isnt a perfect world. I wish you guys the best though in tomorrows debate!
And all I'm pointing out is that the only people on your staff making any statements are already apparantly doing the majority of the work around here according to what I"m reading, so what's the point of voting for you?

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 11:14 AM
And all I'm pointing out is that the only people on your staff making any statements are already apparantly doing the majority of the work around here according to what I"m reading, so what's the point of voting for you?

No that's what you are inferring not reading. You know its a team effort and none of us have full power to really do any one thing without a group agreement and teamwork. I dont know if your trying to say that NBF, Devin, or I have the power to run the BZ and fix all the issues ourselves, or if your saying something else. However none of us simply mandate anything be done. We each have our own ideas about how to fix things and we all understand the problems that exist both publicly and privately more than any other campaign. The point of voting for us is voting for the candidate who will have the most knowledge of those issues and can be the best representative of the poster and has all our ideas in his head to work with along with his own (which so far have been completely amazing).

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 11:25 AM
No that's what you are inferring not reading. You know its a team effort and none of us have full power to really do any one thing without a group agreement and teamwork. I dont know if your trying to say that NBF, Devin, or I have the power to run the BZ and fix all the issues ourselves, or if your saying something else. However none of us simply mandate anything be done. We each have our own ideas about how to fix things and we all understand the problems that exist both publicly and privately more than any other campaign. The point of voting for us is voting for the candidate who will have the most knowledge of those issues and can be the best representative of the poster and has all our ideas in his head to work with along with his own (which so far have been completely amazing).

I'm not trying to dig the work you guys do around here, I've already told you how I feel about that. But between you and Devin, I just keep hearing what you're already doing. 3/4 members of your team are already highly active in running this place, so voting for the 4th to toe the same line doesn't make any sense to me. Bring in fresh ideas and ways to change the problem areas, people can do that by voting for Bedard.

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm not trying to dig the work you guys do around here, I've already told you how I feel about that. But between you and Devin, I just keep hearing what you're already doing. 3/4 members of your team are already highly active in running this place, so voting for the 4th to toe the same line doesn't make any sense to me. Bring in fresh ideas and ways to change the problem areas, people can do that by voting for Bedard.

I dont see how you can say that Playa is toeing the line? He has contributed more of his own ideas to the campaign then anything the three of us have even thought up. Just about everything he's spoken about the issues so far is his thoughts and they have been incredible! I have a few ideas myself that Ive shared with him and those are his to do with as he pleases but just about everything he has said has been original thoughts from his own head. We simply help him identifying what needs to be fixed, the solutions are all him. Its been an incredible process to be honest, Im very impressed myself.

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 12:09 PM
I dont see how you can say that Playa is toeing the line? He has contributed more of his own ideas to the campaign then anything the three of us have even thought up. Just about everything he's spoken about the issues so far is his thoughts and they have been incredible! I have a few ideas myself that Ive shared with him and those are his to do with as he pleases but just about everything he has said has been original thoughts from his own head. We simply help him identifying what needs to be fixed, the solutions are all him. Its been an incredible process to be honest, Im very impressed myself.

I'm confused... which LA Playa are we talking about? "Online Persona" LA Playa, or "I'm Super Serious and Mr. Morality" LA Playa???

Devin
03-23-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm confused... which LA Playa are we talking about? "Online Persona" LA Playa, or "I'm Super Serious and Mr. Morality" LA Playa???

I'm confused which bmn are we talking with? Online persona Bmn "I'm a ninja" or the BMN who fake slap fights with his bff in no-TOS?

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm confused which bmn are we talking with? Online persona Bmn "I'm a ninja" or the BMN who fake slap fights with his bff in no-TOS?

Surely the master of the Insult Tourney can do better than that?

Devin
03-23-2008, 01:59 PM
There is little question about that.

Surely you can see how stupid that argument is.

chernobylwraiths
03-23-2008, 07:44 PM

So, are you gonna stop covering all the zones when Gunz is president? :D

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 08:40 PM
So, are you gonna stop covering all the zones when Gunz is president? :D

:respect:

Valerie
03-24-2008, 11:57 AM
No doubt MBB has a lot of personality and has almost singlehandedly kept the TZ going over the last year or so. But he's almost a no-show in the main forum, so I'm not sure he has the experience to run it.
:shocked: There's another forum on BFZ?!?!?!?!?! lol Twilight Zone is pretty much all I know about.

DraftBoy
03-24-2008, 12:36 PM
:shocked: There's another forum on BFZ?!?!?!?!?! lol Twilight Zone is pretty much all I know about.

we actually have an NFL Zone now, dedicated to others teams fans, like your cowboys...

Gunzlingr
03-24-2008, 01:06 PM
:sadwalk:

I guess Chern and I (and sometimes Rich) don't count as a cult of personality.

BlackMetalNinja
03-24-2008, 01:09 PM

I guess Chern and I (and sometimes Rich) don't count as a cult of personality.

2 men does not a cult make :idunno:

Gunzlingr
03-24-2008, 01:11 PM
2 men does not a cult make :idunno:

:idunno: