PDA

View Full Version : Will the improvements on our Defense help our offense??

Mitchy moo
03-21-2008, 11:39 PM
I was really thinking about it and our Defense looks to be much more stable than in the past few years. We are getting some guys back and tossed some to the curb as we improve. Looking at the big picture of us needing offense help at WR / TE in the draft, will the new defensive additions make the offense that much better?

Mitchy moo
03-21-2008, 11:44 PM
I feel that our starting positions will get better because of our ability to keep team more toward their end then ours. After watching all the games last season and the places we usually started via the bend but don't break attitude, we gave many of our opponents the ability to score, get close enough to score or control where we get the ball in general.

Holding opponents to FG instead of just stopping them earlier inhibited our ability to call plays to score more and just get ourselves out of troubled spots. The game is won or lost on field position and that's a game the defense helps with so much.

jamze132
03-22-2008, 02:45 AM
I think our defense was improved by getting Tripplett off the field. And when you replace him with a guy like Stroud, it's 150% better.

YardRat
03-22-2008, 04:42 AM
The improvements on defense should give the offense more opportunities and shorter fields, hopefully, but it isn't going to help them move the chains, replace FG's with TD's, or improve in the red zone. That's all on their shoulders.