• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

From C Browns blog..

8. Hey Chris,

Can you give us any insight into what is going on with Lee Evans? I know a lot of people are curious as to what is going to happen with his contract. Are the Bills looking to extend his contract now, or are they going to let him become a free agent next year? Thanks!
    CB: I'm not going to pretend to know exactly what's going on in Lee Evans' head right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to wait and let all the offseason dust settle before deciding if he wants to commit the prime of his career to Buffalo for the foreseeable future in the way of a contract extension. As far as the Bills are concerned he remains a top priority, but I'm wondering if Lee wants to see what is acquired in the way of offensive talent in the draft, wants to see exactly what new offensive coordinator Turk Schonert has drawn up for him and the offense and what the fate of J.P. Losman is before signing an extension. All I know is the Bills want him here long term and will do whatever they can to make that happen.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

• coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: From C Browns blog..

1.) Devin Thomas
    2.) Andre Caldwell
    3.) Kellen Davis

up yours Lee!

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

If Evans is more concerned about individual players than he is about the team than ship his ass out of here and get something in return before it's too late.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

I agree YR. Why is Evans so in love with JP?

Comment

• John Doe
          Florida Man
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by acehole
          ... but I'm wondering if Lee wants to see what is acquired in the way of offensive talent in the draft, wants to see exactly what new offensive coordinator Turk Schonert has drawn up for him and the offense and what the fate of J.P. Losman is before signing an extension. All I know is the Bills want him here long term and will do whatever they can to make that happen.
          All he is doing is "wondering." There is no real content here.

Are we supposed to believe on the basis of this that Evans will only play on a team that has JP? Pay him enough money and he will sign an extension.

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

If Trent does well this year and/or the Bills get to the playoffs Lee will forget JP.

or else Lee is a moron.
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

This isn't news to me. What he's saying is that Lee wants to see whether the offense as a whole appears headed towards improvement before he agrees to more or less finish his career here. I don't think too much should be read into Chris Brown mentioning JP, I think Chris' point is that Lee doesn't want to be stuck in an inept offense where his potential is limited for the rest of his career.

Can't say I really blame him, I'd be frustrated with our offense too. To me this speaks well of Lee, as he's making his career decisions based on where he's going to be able to be the best football player he can be. I'd be more disappointed in him if he was indicating that he wasn't signing an extension b/c he wants to play out his contract and see what his $$ value is in free agency.

It's a little nerve wracking for us to have to wait on this, but I think in the long run his attitude right now says something positive about his "football character." He's not a paycheck player, he just wants to catch balls and win.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by John Doe
                All he is doing is "wondering." There is no real content here.

Are we supposed to believe on the basis of this that Evans will only play on a team that has JP? Pay him enough money and he will sign an extension.
                I think more so that he is not sold on Trend as some of you are.....
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

I agree with this and said as much a while back. This might be his last good contract so I would be carful if I was him. Inspite of the Joe Montanna compaparisions Trent is a big "?" It would be crytal clear that we needed a #2 WR and a tight end on this offense now and some of you just wanted to bash JP. If I am Lee I would do the same.....show me a comitiment on offense and I will commit to you. If I am Lee I play out my year and see what is what and who is who....

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                  This isn't news to me. What he's saying is that Lee wants to see whether the offense as a whole appears headed towards improvement before he agrees to more or less finish his career here. I don't think too much should be read into Chris Brown mentioning JP, I think Chris' point is that Lee doesn't want to be stuck in an inept offense where his potential is limited for the rest of his career.

Can't say I really blame him, I'd be frustrated with our offense too. To me this speaks well of Lee, as he's making his career decisions based on where he's going to be able to be the best football player he can be. I'd be more disappointed in him if he was indicating that he wasn't signing an extension b/c he wants to play out his contract and see what his $$ value is in free agency.

It's a little nerve wracking for us to have to wait on this, but I think in the long run his attitude right now says something positive about his "football character." He's not a paycheck player, he just wants to catch balls and win.
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Confused
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jun 2007

we could get a 1st rounder from a ****load of teams for Lee.

edited: language....
                    Last edited by shelby; 03-22-2008, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

Yeah but we wont get jack after this season unless we tender him high. Which I hope we will..marv isnt here to pull a Clements

Comment

• acehole
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by raphael120
                        Yeah but we wont get jack after this season unless we tender him high. Which I hope we will..marv isnt here to pull a Clements
                        We can transition tag him....
                        Hated by the stupid..
                        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Romes
                          If Trent does well this year and/or the Bills get to the playoffs Lee will forget JP.

or else Lee is a moron.
                          that sure doesn't help us to sign him to an extension before the season
                          Bottom Line is Lee signs an extension or he'll be franchised and traded in 2009.

If Lee is more aligned with JP or is whining about Edwards as the starter then we should pursue trading him now and replacing him with Boldin or Williams if possible and signing them long term. Some how we need to have a #1 WR locked up long term before the 2008 season starts

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by hoofhearted
                            we could get a 1st rounder from a twatload of teams for Lee.
                            Who. When was the last WR traded for a 1st rd pick...

Comment

• acehole
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Romes

or else Lee is a moron.
                              Agree ...however in its (offense) current state that seems unlikely.

Fairchild booting not withstanding.
                              Hated by the stupid..
                              Loved by their moms.

Comment

Working...
                              X