So, what's the real deal with William James?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

So, what's the real deal with William James?

Is anyone else worried about it? The situation reminds me so much of the Bryant Johnson one. First we brought him in. We liked him and he liked it here. Then a couple days later, it was reported on ESPN and NFL Network and several other places that he signed a contract to join the Buffalo Bills. Yet, nothing was reported anywhere on the Buffalo Bills website. It was never mentioned in the Chris Brown blog and also was not put up as one of the lead stories. Hell, they don't have him on their roster either. So, whats the deal? Is this another one of those false reporting? Was John Clayton wrong, yet everyone else trusted him so they all reported it? I'm sure it's no big deal because he wasn't that good in Philly. But he's better than Youboty IMO and might compete with Greer, plus he makes it so we don't have to use a 1st rounder on a CB. What do you guys think?
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: So, what's the real deal with William James?

I don't think it's a big deal. He'll come in this weekend, sign the contract, and that's when it will be up on the official site.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
      I don't think it's a big deal. He'll come in this weekend, sign the contract, and that's when it will be up on the official site.
      I hope you are right. Because right now, it reminds me so much of the Bryant Johnson is imminent signing.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
        I hope you are right. Because right now, it reminds me so much of the Bryant Johnson is imminent signing.
        Not really. NFLN never reported Jonson signed.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

His agent also said he signed with the Bills.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
            His agent also said he signed with the Bills.
            I didn't know that. Thanks.

Comment

• RingofFire
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Dec 2007

espn has him as a bill already on his profile. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=2626 i watched him for 2 yrs as a giant. He got burned as much as the crust in your undies mikey

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Even if it all fell apart, that wouldn't "worry" me. It's no big deal to begin with.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
                  • Apr 2007

ESPN, the NFL Network (and- not so coincidentally- NFL.com), the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, and the Buffalo News have all corroborated James' signing- how is that like the Bryant Johnson situation, where the only "confirmation" was Sirius radio reports from anonymous listeners? That, or "East Coast Sports News," whatever the hell that is- whatever it is, I didn't know that had any reputability.

What's going on with James, it seems, is that he just didn't want to schedule for himself two trips to Buffalo. The OTA's, if I'm not mistaken, start this week and he's going to go to Buffalo to sign the contract AND join the team on the field; I think he felt it was more practical to do it that way.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Midwesternbillsfan
                    ESPN, the NFL Network (and- not so coincidentally- NFL.com), the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, and the Buffalo News have all corroborated James' signing- how is that like the Bryant Johnson situation, where the only "confirmation" was Sirius radio reports from anonymous listeners? That, or "East Coast Sports News," whatever the hell that is- whatever it is, I didn't know that had any reputability.

What's going on with James, it seems, is that he just didn't want to schedule for himself two trips to Buffalo. The OTA's, if I'm not mistaken, start this week and he's going to go to Buffalo to sign the contract AND join the team on the field; I think he felt it was more practical to do it that way.
                    i think your right. i think that when he needs to be on the field monday he will be, probably have a press conference or talk to reporters before or right after practice.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Midwesternbillsfan

actually that Bryant Johnson signing was getting reported by everone too, AP, Yahoo, Buffalo News, Rochester Democrat & Chronicle. but they were all connecting it to one source.

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
                        • Apr 2007

actually that Bryant Johnson signing was getting reported by everone too, AP, Yahoo, Buffalo News, Rochester Democrat & Chronicle. but they were all connecting it to one source.
                        No, it wasn't. Billsinsider.com did report it as speculation- they admitted they couldn't confirm if a report was true (or even if Sirius radio reported that Johnson signed at all). But I was use all those sources of information you mentioned to stay apprised of Bills' news and these sources- a couple of whom can dig their own absolutely accurate information, especially the Buffalo News- were never (and would never) be so heavily reliant on one flimsy- and ultimately inaccurate- report that "someone" (whoever that is/was) heard that Bryant Johnson signed with te Bills on Sirius radio. Maybe East Coast Sports News reported about a possible Sirius report, too, but again... they have little credibility, anyway (being generous with the "little").

Anyway, Bryant Johnson's signing certainly wasn't reported by Adam Schefter, John Clayton, Allen Wilson, or Mark Gaughan- James' was. There's nothing to worry about it regarding the manner, I know that much. Really, he's ours.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RingofFire
                          espn has him as a bill already on his profile. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=2626 i watched him for 2 yrs as a giant. He got burned as much as the crust in your undies mikey
                          and people are acting like he has a chance to unseat greer.. what a joke.

he may not even make the roster.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

I'll admit am mildly surprised to see it not surface on Buffalo Bills.com as of yet. Though guess because it's not official we'll have to wait. Hopefully it goes up soon as think James is a solid signing and rather have him then a guy like Carr.

Comment

• Oaf
                              Do you read what you write?
                              • Jun 2007

The position still needs to be addressed. Just not in round 1 IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X