Don Banks: 7 impact coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Don Banks: 7 impact coaches

• Turk Schonert, Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator -- Schonert replaces Steve Fairchild, who left the Bills to take the head coaching job at his alma mater, Colorado State. Schonert coached Buffalo quarterbacks for head coach Dick Jauron the past two seasons, and he was one of the leading proponents of drafting current Bills starter Trent Edwards in the third round out of Stanford last year. "I think he was the steal of the draft,'' Schonert told me early last fall, just after Edwards replaced J.P. Losman in the starting lineup.
    Schonert is entering his 13th season as an NFL assistant, but this is his first shot at being a coordinator. He takes over an offense that has finished 30th overall two years in a row, and he's not the type to play it safe and sorry. Buffalo will take more chances with Schonert calling the shots, and among his changes will be the return to a two-back offense that features a fullback, and allowing Edwards more freedom to audible and change plays at the line. Bills fans are going to like his aggressive approach.

• shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: Don Banks: 7 impact coaches

i hope so....

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

But he also mentioned Gregg Williams & Mularkey as Coaches who could make a difference, so we know Banks may be a tad tipsy.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Not to nit-pick, but the two back offense is an agressive approach????

I hope we are ready for a stacked line next year. Thats what you get with a two back set. You also need WR's who will break double coverage and can get open early.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

I have to say, if we are going to rely on our running game, which even for an Edwards fan is pretty obviously the way its going to be for the most part, we SHOULD use a FB. I have never been a big fan of singleback anyways.

Comment

Working...
          X