PDA

View Full Version : VOTER REGISTRATION DRIVE IS NOW ON!! REGISTRATION NO LONGER NEEDED!!!!!

Ebenezer
03-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Folks, first off, thanks to Shelby for doing a great job organizing this contest and keeping it going. However, we want it to stay fun and keep everything flowing smoothly. In the last primary there were a couple of incidence of voter fraud. These were investigated, handled and all is well. To ensure that the rest of the contest goes well we are instituting a voter registration drive. If you want to vote in the upcoming primaries or the general election you will need to be preregistered.

Here's how we will do it.

1. You must PM me with your intention to vote. I will then send you back a PM indicated that you are registered and your name will go on the list in this thread. Some may ask why they just can post in this thread. We have seen before with lunch and Bills games threads where peoples names get lost or the conversation gets sidetracked. The list will be ongoing as I respond to each PM. If people do not see their name listed all they have to do is let me know.

2. IF you do not register before the primary begins you cannot vote.

3. PM me with the username you will be using to vote.

4. You may use only one username.

5. Any attempt to register a second username will result in banning from this forum and you will no longer be able to play in the contest.

6. Continued abuse of registering will result in further penalties including warnings/points and banning from BillsZone.com.

7. Attempts to harass and circumvent these rules will be dealt with in the same manner as #6.

All registered voters names will appear in this thread. PLEASE do not post in this thread. All other posts will be deleted.

Folks, let's remember to have fun with this. Feel free to PM with any questions.

Thanks,
Eb

Ebenezer
03-22-2008, 10:56 PM
No Registered Needed.

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Do staff members of campaigns and the candidates themselves need to register to vote?

The King
03-23-2008, 10:34 AM
wait what?

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 10:48 AM
wait what?

To even further curtail attempts at voter fraud, Eb came up with this great idea to register voters. Voters must be registered to vote before the next primary in order for their vote to count.

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 11:00 AM
This will effectively eliminate about 25% of the people who even were into this in the first place.

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 11:07 AM
This will effectively eliminate about 25% of the people who even were into this in the first place.

Well hopefully if all the capaigns blast this out now so early to their supporters then these guys will have time to send Eb a simple PM registering. Its the best way for us to curtail voter fraud problems and I say this because our campaign was victim of it last primary and we don't wish to see it happen again. I like the idea and I think that as this thing continues to heat up more interest is naturally being generated.

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Well hopefully if all the capaigns blast this out now so early to their supporters then these guys will have time to send Eb a simple PM registering. Its the best way for us to curtail voter fraud problems and I say this because our campaign was victim of it last primary and we don't wish to see it happen again. I like the idea and I think that as this thing continues to heat up more interest is naturally being generated.

Read the other thread and you'll know what I think of asking us to spam everybody even more.

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Read the other thread and you'll know what I think of asking us to spam everybody even more.

Read and responded to, simple solution to an evident problem

I dont think its a spam thing and it doesn't take very long at all

Mitchy moo
03-23-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm registered, let's add some background checks and air spray bomb detectors,LOL.

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 12:10 PM
You guys want my real name, address, and social security # too?

LtFinFan66
03-23-2008, 12:14 PM
I say we kill this election now

Michael82
03-23-2008, 01:15 PM
I say we kill this election now
:rofl: why?

RockStar36
03-23-2008, 01:33 PM
:rofl: why?

It's not fun anymore.

Ebenezer
03-23-2008, 02:03 PM
It's not fun anymore.
I think it is now a blast, personally.

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 03:54 PM
It's not fun anymore.

I completely disagree, this is exactly what I was expecting and what you guys asked for in creating this!

LtFinFan66
03-23-2008, 03:56 PM
:rofl: why?because everyone is turning into a bunch of whiners

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 03:57 PM
because everyone is turning into a bunch of whiners

Not everyone

LtFinFan66
03-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Not everyoneok, most

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 04:01 PM
ok, most

We've only really hear from a select few, I think you're overreacting.

LtFinFan66
03-23-2008, 04:04 PM
We've only really hear from a select few, I think you're overreacting.Ok, the MBB camp

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-23-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm out.

The King
03-23-2008, 05:39 PM
This has gone way past foolish... lets waste even more time now telling people to register to vote? Lets send out even more PM's. Lets submit names SS# and credit scores... those with credit scores below 625 can not vote.

Heres the deal MBB supporters do whatever the hell you want. Make your voice heard register or dont register. You know the name you know the man, you know the drill.

Gunzlingr
03-23-2008, 05:39 PM
I and you guys say I take this too seriously.

honey
03-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Personally, I think it's a kind of neat idea. We have to register to vote in REAL elections, why not on message board elections? :idunno:

Devin
03-23-2008, 06:06 PM
In a real election you have a pool of millions of voters.

Here you have 3 candidates/groups vying for what will end up being a pool of 40-50 voters.

And it eliminates and "last minute push" that might be possible.

PUCKER
03-23-2008, 09:41 PM
You guys want my real name, address, and social security # too?

This coming from you??? :rolleyes:

shelby
03-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Honestly, kids, i don't give a :curse: one way or the other.

i want this game to be fun, not a hassle.

So if this is too much trouble, fine. Don't bother.

Way too much *****ing over an internet game. For the love of God you people need to lighten up. We aren't curing cancer here, it's a :curse:ing game.

kinigirly
03-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Honestly, kids, i don't give a :curse: one way or the other.

i want this game to be fun, not a hassle.

So if this is too much trouble, fine. Don't bother.

Way too much *****ing over an internet game. For the love of God you people need to lighten up. We aren't curing cancer here, it's a :curse:ing game.

THANK YOU. i ******* hate offseason. everyone starts attacking each other cause they are bored. then they think of a game to occupy their time, but get too into the game and start attacking each other again. people that post on this board are deficient in the area of being satisfied with anything, and engage themselves in a vicious complaining cycle that never ends.

Dozerdog
03-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I think it is now a blast, personally.......by complicating it??

I'm not going to register. If that means I'm not voting- so be it.

If you want to eliminate fraud- just eliminate any new members (say they had to have signed up for the zone before March 1) to be elligible.

Earthquake Enyart
03-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Change is required immediately. These mods / admins couldn't get laid in a whorehouse.

The King
03-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Allow me to explain myself. I think we are taking the game too far... thats my point. Its a game. If a lose a message board election to someone who wants it bad enough the have to cheat so be it. To keep adding rules is just getting to be too much for us and for the MOD team. Its like playing clue and having to guess if Prof Plum shoved the lead pipe up Mrs Whites ass.

The King
03-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Im not pissed I made a joke about how far we have had to go to keep the integrity of a Billszone Election.

clumping platelets
03-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Change is required immediately. These mods / admins couldn't get laid in a whorehouse.

Please leave again :up:

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 10:33 PM
This coming from you??? :rolleyes:

Well this is all because you couldn't control yourself not to sign on with another name and vote again. Thanks :up:

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Allow me to explain myself. I think we are taking the game too far... thats my point. Its a game. If a lose a message board election to someone who wants it bad enough the have to cheat so be it. To keep adding rules is just getting to be too much for us and for the MOD team. Its like playing clue and having to guess if Prof Plum shoved the lead pipe up Mrs Whites ass.

This is exactly my point too... Win or lose, live goes on, it's no big deal. Obviously I want Bedard to win because it's a competition and that's the point. But we're at the point now where I'm spending more time working on this than my actual job, and that's just ridiculous, so I'm not going out of my way any longer to get people to jump through hoops so they can keep participating.

Ebenezer
03-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Actually, the better choice would have been Ms. Scarlett...she's a vixen.

Ebenezer
03-23-2008, 10:58 PM
OK folks...

we decided because the next primary is so close and this was a holiday weekend that this may have been the wrong time to invoke registration...but it is an idea for next years election.

Registration is not needed to vote.

So, let's keep it clean and fun. We're sure nobody will try to double vote this time.