PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: VOTER REGISTRATION DRIVE IS NOW ON!! PLEASE READ

YardRat
03-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Forked from: VOTER REGISTRATION DRIVE IS NOW ON!! PLEASE READ (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2383711)

Do staff members of campaigns and the candidates themselves need to register to vote?

Are you serious? Have you been given the impression that the candidates and their staffs are entitled to special dispensation and aren't accountable to the same rules and regulations as the general populace?

shelby
03-23-2008, 09:03 AM
i'm sure that McCain, Clinton, and Obama are all registered to vote.

mybills
03-23-2008, 09:34 AM
:rofl:

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Forked from: VOTER REGISTRATION DRIVE IS NOW ON!! PLEASE READ (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2383711)

Are you serious? Have you been given the impression that the candidates and their staffs are entitled to special dispensation and aren't accountable to the same rules and regulations as the general populace?

No I like asking rhetorrical questions for general populace knowledge. Give me a break, since the campaign staffs and candidates are most well known any of them not to vote or trying to vote under an alias would be immediately noticed. Therefor I was simply asking if he wanted them to register. Nothing about special or preferential treatment at all.

mybills
03-23-2008, 09:54 AM
The answer is yes, DB. :up:

Dude
03-23-2008, 10:24 AM
I registered. :up:

Where's my sticker?

EricStratton
03-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I can almost see why the candidates themselves may be able to avoid registering since their names are on the ticket but for a guy who gets the candidate coffee and makes sure a mint is on his pillow to ask if he should have to dirty himself like the rest of us points out the flaws in this great system of ours.

The political ruling class shows it's stripes yet again.

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 10:50 AM
I can almost see why the candidates themselves may be able to avoid registering since their names are on the ticket but for a guy who gets the candidate coffee and makes sure a mint is on his pillow to ask if he should have to dirty himself like the rest of us points out the flaws in this great system of ours.

The political ruling class shows it's stripes yet again.

The staffs of each candidate thus far have made more posts and been more of a public face then the candidates themselves. So a logical correlation would be made for the same. I have no issue with registering and I support the idea 100%, I was wondering that since it is a holiday weekend and Im around I could ask and then blast it out to all our supporters and our staff. You know with the mint on the pillow and coffee getting thing.

chernobylwraiths
03-23-2008, 07:41 PM
The staffs of each candidate thus far have made more posts and been more of a public face then the candidates themselves. So a logical correlation would be made for the same. I have no issue with registering and I support the idea 100%, I was wondering that since it is a holiday weekend and Im around I could ask and then blast it out to all our supporters and our staff. You know with the mint on the pillow and coffee getting thing.

This is true maybe for some campaigns but not for the Gunz campaign. Of course, I think this is a bad thing.

Earthquake Enyart
03-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Whoever drempt up this idea should be fired immediately.

LtFinFan66
03-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Whoever drempt up this idea should be fired immediately.New word:idunno:

jamze132
03-24-2008, 07:22 AM
New word:idunno:
Probably the reason he is no longer a candidate...