PDA

View Full Version : VOTER REGISTRATION?

The King
03-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Can someone please give me one example as to why Julie shouldn't leave me after I explain to her she needs to "Register to Vote" So her boyfriend can win a Presidential election on a Message Board?

The Zone Election has jumped the shark.

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Can someone please give me one example as to why Julie shouldn't leave me after I explain to her she needs to "Register to Vote" So her boyfriend can win a Presidential election on a Message Board?

I agree... To further have to annoy everybody on this board to now have to register to vote is just too much. I'm sure half this place is already feeling like this contest has become a spam fest. So what's worse, posting some threads outside of the this forum that people have the choice to look at, or having to send out PMs to everybody to let them know they now have to register?

But I guess, you know, if you already think we're cheating and all, drastic measures have to be taken :rolleyes:

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Did voter fraud exist or not last primary?

Do we want to see it happen again? This is a simple solution to a problem that has occured before and allows the staff not involved in campaigns to be able to easily monitor election results throughout the day and know when somebody who is not registered is attempting to vote.

I would hope that taking the 15 seconds it takes to read the post and the 5 seconds there after to send a PM to Eb saying register to me, isnt a huge inconvenience to anyone.

However that being said if you dont like the decision I guess that the person to contact would be Shelby though I am not aware of if she'll be on today given it being Easter.

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Did voter fraud exist or not last primary?

Do we want to see it happen again? This is a simple solution to a problem that has occured before and allows the staff not involved in campaigns to be able to easily monitor election results throughout the day and know when somebody who is not registered is attempting to vote.

I would hope that taking the 15 seconds it takes to read the post and the 5 seconds there after to send a PM to Eb saying register to me, isnt a huge inconvenience to anyone.

However that being said if you dont like the decision I guess that the person to contact would be Shelby though I am not aware of if she'll be on today given it being Easter.
Simple decision to spam everybody remotely interested in this because two people couldn't control themselves and had to use an alias? I think taking the two seconds to remove a vote that's obviously bogus is a lot more simple than sending out lots of PMs bugging people to register and then forcing them to send out a PM to Eb, and another PM back to them... Or is this just because your camp still thinks we cheated because they couldn't do enough research to realize otherwise?

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Simple decision to spam everybody remotely interested in this because two people couldn't control themselves and had to use an alias? I think taking the two seconds to remove a vote that's obviously bogus is a lot more simple than sending out lots of PMs bugging people to register and then forcing them to send out a PM to Eb, and another PM back to them... Or is this just because your camp still thinks we cheated because they couldn't do enough research to realize otherwise?

Who would you spam exactly? Send out a blast to your supporters saying hey your going to need to register to vote next time. There are a multitude of ways to go that and we will be adding this to the posts already stickied in the other forums so you have no need to spam other potential voters about this. This was not a decision by any one camp, this was a decision made by those who are in charge of monitoring this election, but feel free to throw about accusations at your own will. I wasn't aware of any accusations of you guys cheating.

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Who would you spam exactly? Send out a blast to your supporters saying hey your going to need to register to vote next time. There are a multitude of ways to go that and we will be adding this to the posts already stickied in the other forums so you have no need to spam other potential voters about this. This was not a decision by any one camp, this was a decision made by those who are in charge of monitoring this election, but feel free to throw about accusations at your own will. I wasn't aware of any accusations of you guys cheating.

Maybe you weren't, doesn't mean they don't exist.

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 11:30 AM
I didnt see anything posted here about it. Sorry if I missed it.

EricStratton
03-23-2008, 11:48 AM

I agree MB, the fact that posters on a registration only website must further register to vote in a fake election screams of overkill. Combine that with the fact that Julie should leave you if you ask her to help you out shows the absurdity of the original request.

Is voter fraud that much of an issue that such drastic measures need to be taken and if it is who is at fault, the bulk of the voters who try to do the right thing or the staff who can’t manage a simple election process?

Should we not question the entire Zone Awards voting since none of us registered? Is (insert name) really Zoner of the Year, are (insert names) truly Zoner Couple of the Year, are anyone who they say they are. Last year I won Friendliest Zoner, is that something I will now have to delete from my resume because no one registered.

The process is flawed MB and you are right to fight it. That is the type of drive that will claim my registered vote in November.

LtFinFan66
03-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Just shut the election down

RockStar36
03-23-2008, 01:59 PM
I think I'm gonna send a mass PM out to EVERYBODY

Twice a day

For the next four days

Ebenezer
03-23-2008, 02:02 PM
:roflmao:

Guys, this is more work for me than for you...:lol!:

Devin
03-23-2008, 02:04 PM
I dont know that its about workload Eb.

TacklingDummy
03-23-2008, 02:14 PM

Then drop out.

The King
03-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Then drop out.

Why dont you make me.

Mr. Pink
03-23-2008, 05:36 PM
I don't get the complaining behind this...it's not hard to shoot a PM saying you want to register to vote. Takes all of 5 seconds.

OH NOES!

Yet, people sit here and take more time to complain about the process.

Gunzlingr
03-23-2008, 05:41 PM
I will wait until I hear it from Shelby.

honey
03-23-2008, 05:44 PM
I registered. If anyone wants to urge me to vote for them....pm me. ;)

TacklingDummy
03-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Why dont you make me.

I don't make trash I burn it.

Devin
03-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Doodiehead.

Mr. Pink
03-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Question to the MBB camp, since you're the main ones *****ing about having to register before voting.

It takes 5 seconds, literally, to shoot a PM saying "I, (handle), wish to vote in the zone elections in the second primary."

What is your big issue/concern with this?

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Question to the MBB camp, since you're the main ones *****ing about having to register before voting.

It takes 5 seconds, literally, to shoot a PM saying "I, (handle), wish to vote in the zone elections in the second primary."

I'm not concerned with doing it myself, as you can see, I was one of the first to do so. The problem is that there have already been arguments about how much we push this whole election on the rest of the board and what not. Now we're being asked to send out even more PMs than have already been flying around to get people to sign up so then can vote in this thing. The whole contest started out to be something fun and now I feel like you're making people that want to vote put in more work than is necessary to enjoy this.

All this because 2 people couldn't control themselves and had to vote under aliases as well.

Mr. Pink
03-23-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm not concerned with doing it myself, as you can see, I was one of the first to do so. The problem is that there have already been arguments about how much we push this whole election on the rest of the board and what not. Now we're being asked to send out even more PMs than have already been flying around to get people to sign up so then can vote in this thing. The whole contest started out to be something fun and now I feel like you're making people that want to vote put in more work than is necessary to enjoy this.

All this because 2 people couldn't control themselves and had to vote under aliases as well.

All it takes is one bad apple to ruin a bunch.

It comes across as whiny to be honest, like your camp thinks most of it's voters don't care that much or couldn't be bothered with "rules." Which if that's the case, they shouldn't be voting anyways.

The registration process in my opinion is a good thing, only people who actually care about the zone will vote. Which means the right person in the end will win. If you don't register than you obviously don't really care about which direction this board will head in anyways.

I can respect Gunz' viewpoint on this that he's waiting for the official ruling from the person handling the election process. And the Playa camp has welcomed this new rule with open arms.

But to come out and straight out ***** against a rule change lays a bad precedent. Does this mean, if MBB is to be elected as Pres., that anytime something new is introduced he's gonna ***** and lobby to have it not take place? Even it's for the bettermint of things, such as this one.

The King
03-23-2008, 06:35 PM

On top of keeping this forum interesting, making videos, answering PM's, talking to the staff, replying to debates and reminding people to vote... its gets to a be a bit much.

chernobylwraiths
03-23-2008, 07:28 PM
From what I understand, shelby had to check virtually EVERY vote against other IP addresses because there were many from posters that weren't "known" posters. That made a whole lot more work for her that she didn't want to deal with. At least that is how I understood it. If it makes the process run more smoothly, I see nothing wrong with it. As long as this IS happening. Either way, I don't care. It's not like they are going to ask for a credit card number, is it?

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 07:43 PM
From what I understand, shelby had to check virtually EVERY vote against other IP addresses because there were many from posters that weren't "known" posters. That made a whole lot more work for her that she didn't want to deal with. At least that is how I understood it. If it makes the process run more smoothly, I see nothing wrong with it. As long as this IS happening. Either way, I don't care. It's not like they are going to ask for a credit card number, is it?

There were about 5 names I didn't recognize that voted... if that, of those, 2 were aliases, one of which EVERYBODY knew about, the other wasn't hard since the names quite similar.

If this truly Shelby's wishing and her idea, I'm a little more ok with it, but I don't think that's the case either.

chernobylwraiths
03-23-2008, 07:48 PM
There were about 5 names I didn't recognize that voted... if that, of those, 2 were aliases, one of which EVERYBODY knew about, the other wasn't hard since the names quite similar.

If this truly Shelby's wishing and her idea, I'm a little more ok with it, but I don't think that's the case either.

I know, and sure it is a little more of an imposition, but I don't have a big problem with it.

Even if it wasn't shelby's idea, if it helps shelby, I am OK with it.

Mr. Pink
03-23-2008, 07:54 PM
On top of keeping this forum interesting, making videos, answering PM's, talking to the staff, replying to debates and reminding people to vote... its gets to a be a bit much.

Well if everyone is taking this president thing so seriously. ie. using the position to make the zone a better place and whatnot. We already know that the President is gonna have mod powers and access to mod forums, etc...which means more things to do in general.

Why are you running for the Zone president?

Seeing you just said it gets to be a bit much.

kinigirly
03-23-2008, 08:20 PM
my god i never thought voter registration was going to be such a big deal. is this like the zone's version of giving illegal immigrants a driver's license? maybe its just the admins way of being big brother and red flagging cyber terrorists?

YardRat
03-23-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm OK with the registration deal, but I have to admit I'm getting pretty disgruntled with all of the candidates and their staffs.

kinigirly
03-23-2008, 08:26 PM
i concur. i liked it better when it was just the candidates. now i gotta hear blah blah from this camp and such. it reminds me of that gay zone mafia that was going on for like 2 weeks

The King
03-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Why are you running for the Zone president?

Seeing you just said it gets to be a bit much.

Apples and Oranges. I dont have to spend time in photoshop or movie maker when Im not running for pres.

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 08:44 PM

Dont beat around the bush BMN, you've been blunt and to the point the whole way if you want to throw around accusations then by all means, dont be bashful.

DraftBoy
03-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Apples and Oranges. I dont have to spend time in photoshop or movie maker when Im not running for pres.

Yea there are only countless other hours you must spend going over every thread to ensure violations are not occurring and that fights aren't breaking out. If you think this is time consuming Im not sure you quite know what you are running for.

shelby
03-23-2008, 10:00 PM
See my post in the other thread.

Never in my life have i heard so much *****ing over a GAME.

Keep sucking the joy out of it people, after the next debate i'll be giving out Midol to all who need it....

This is simply rediculous.

BlackMetalNinja
03-23-2008, 10:31 PM
See my post in the other thread.

Never in my life have i heard so much *****ing over a GAME.

Keep sucking the joy out of it people, after the next debate i'll be giving out Midol to all who need it....

This is simply rediculous.

The line between game and competition got crossed when the mod part went on the line and you guys made this all official... But whatever, everybody is *****ing about everything now, so I'm just going to shut up and let this run it's course.

northernbillfan
03-24-2008, 01:07 AM
Putting my Admin hat on for a second, the need for registration was tossed around to curb people voting for candidates more than once. It was thrown out as an idea. It was quickly tossed back in our faces.

The people have spoken and the staff decided to drop registration. There was no out and out voter fraud going on, the staff just wanted to make sure there was less work for the official vote counter.

Now let's get back to the campaign trail and have some fun with this.

Gunzlingr
03-24-2008, 05:57 AM
The line between game and competition got crossed when the mod part went on the line and you guys made this all official... But whatever, everybody is *****ing about everything now, so I'm just going to shut up and let this run it's course.

I concur, it became serious with when the mod portion of the price was thrown in.

BlackMetalNinja
03-24-2008, 06:05 AM
Putting my Admin hat on for a second, the need for registration was tossed around to curb people voting for candidates more than once. It was thrown out as an idea. It was quickly tossed back in our faces.

The people have spoken and the staff decided to drop registration. There was no out and out voter fraud going on, the staff just wanted to make sure there was less work for the official vote counter.

Now let's get back to the campaign trail and have some fun with this.

Thank you, and Shelby, and Eb for listening on this one. It's appreciated.

BAM
03-24-2008, 06:08 AM
Personally I don't see the big deal. If you're serious about the election it shouldn't bother you. I feel it's a good measure to counter the fraud that occurred in the last primary.

Quit whining about it. You're losing my vote here Bedard...

BlackMetalNinja
03-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Personally I don't see the big deal. If you're serious about the election it shouldn't bother you. I feel it's a good measure to counter the fraud that occurred in the last primary.

Quit whining about it. You're losing my vote here Bedard...

It no longer matters, they've cancelled the registration.

casdhf
03-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Guess your team has whined it's way into winning a policy decision. Good job.

jamze132
03-24-2008, 07:17 AM
I registered to vote and it only took 2.3 seconds of my life... It took longer to write this post about my registration experience.

Mr. Pink
03-24-2008, 08:40 AM
:rofl:

And here I thought we got rid of the Thurm from the election process.

I guess this here is proof positive that whining does pay off here at the Zone.

Corey, if you're reading this, I stand corrected. Whine away brother!

BAM
03-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Guess your team has whined it's way into winning a policy decision. Good job.

No kidding. Not a good showing by the Bedard campaign with this thread...

The King
03-24-2008, 11:21 AM
No kidding. Not a good showing by the Bedard campaign with this thread...

The whole thing got way out of hand. See my first post... Its was a knock on myself. Not to say I didnt think it was a bit much. But for sure this thread got way outta hand.

DraftBoy
03-24-2008, 11:23 AM
While I think we all have our own opinion on this, the issue is now closed

casdhf
03-24-2008, 12:25 PM
The issue is dead, but can Bedard over come this? Only time will tell . . .

YardRat
03-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Can I get back the five seconds of my life I wasted PMing Eb to register? I feel cheated.

casdhf
03-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Chances are you wouldn't have done anything better with them.

mybills
03-24-2008, 06:44 PM
The issue is dead, but can Bedard over come this? Only time will tell . . .
It doesn't matter if Bedard, Playa or Gunz started this thread. It has nothing to do with the job of being President. :idunno:

casdhf
03-24-2008, 07:18 PM
No one wants to vote for a whiner. That's all I was saying.

Bill Brasky
03-26-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm just going to shut up and let this run it's course.

I adopted that strategy 2 weeks ago. Seems to be working fine. I'm getting quite the chuckle out of the **** that's gone down in here lately.