PDA

View Full Version : Gunz' Zone Debate # 2: Donating to the Zone

shelby
03-24-2008, 04:13 AM
BillsZone runs on user donations, and the importance of donations cannot be overlooked. Special features are given to donors as a way to thank them for their support.

The debate question posed to the candidates is this:

As Zone President, what specific things would you do to encourage more posters to donate to the site?
What specific things would you do to improve the No TOS Zone so that people enjoy it more?
Would you make any changes to the features now offered to donors?You may confer with your staff before replying to these questions. Please be as specific as possible in your responses.

Once you have responded to the debate question, your opponents will each have the opportunity to post a rebuttal in this thread. You may then respond to each rebuttal in turn. Please note that only one rebuttal by your opponents, and only one response per rebuttal by you, will be allowed.

The debate will be closed at 5:30 am EST on Wednesday, March 26.

Non-candidates, please do not post in this thread!

Thank you for your participation, and may the best Zoner win!
shelby
Supervisior of Zone Elections

Gunzlingr
03-24-2008, 08:22 AM
1. I think the biggest thing that could be done is to raise the overall standard of the zone so that members take pride in it and want to donate no matter what is offered as a perk. I think the way to do this is to crack down on trolls and spammers, and be vigilant in dealing with personal attacks. There was a time when you could post your opionion and you could debate it without being called names. We need to work to bring that atmosphere back.

2. Making the no TOS zone better is trickier. I don't believe in exclusive content because it leaves out a majority of the members. The only thing change that I would make in the no-tos is to maybe preview articles, etc. a day or too before they are sent to the main forums.

3. I feel that it wouldn't hurt to have more incentives to donating . I am against exclusive content, but perhaps we could offer a zonebuck bonus for each level of donation, maybe increased rep ability something like that. I know that it seemed like the tshirts, key chains and other premiums were pretty popular, perhaps it is time to bring them back. Other things that would not cost anything would be to bring back the zone lottery and give members a free ticket each month.

What I think it all boils down to is taking pride in the website that provides us with so much information, entertainment, and distraction from our real lives. We should be encouraging people to think about donating in those terms, however I don't wish for those that may not have the disposable income to punished for not doing so by limiting access to Bills information.

Sorry about the Font, I don't know what happened there.

L.A. Playa
03-24-2008, 10:36 AM
How would previewing articles a day or two in advance actually make the No-Tos better ?

Gunzlingr
03-24-2008, 11:01 AM
How would previewing articles a day or two in advance actually make the No-Tos better ?

It would give donors a reason to go there. They could check them out in advance of the general populace. It would just be an incentive for more traffic. More traffic=more activity and more activity would make the place better.

shelby
03-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Bedard? Any rebuttal?
If not i will close this thread.

The King
03-24-2008, 02:58 PM
No I am cool. We broke the rules and went back and forth in the debate thread.