• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

AFC East: Even the Patriots have needs to fill

The skinny: The Bills are a team getting better each year. They have a lot of good, young talent and might be one draft away from pushing for a Wild-card spot. They've drafted well in recent years and they have to hope that continues.

Primary need: They want to add a receiver who can help take some coverage away from Lee Evans. They could do it in the first round or they could opt to wait until the second round and take a corner or a defensive lineman in the first round.

Secondary needs: Cornerback, tight end and defensive line.

Possible targets: McKelvin, Jenkins, Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly or Texas wide receiver Limas Sweed.

Summary: They should get a player who can come in and compete for a starting spot as a rookie with the 11th overall pick in the first round. A bigger receiver like Kelly would be a big help to young quarterback Trent Edwards.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: AFC East: Even the Patriots have needs to fill

For LtFF...

The skinny: This will be the first draft in Miami for the Bill Parcells regime. One thing's for sure: They can't do any worse than this team has done the past five years. The drafting has been terrible. Miami has the first overall pick, but they haven't offered many hints as to what they will do with it. They certainly would love to trade out of the spot if they could.

Primary need: If they decide John Beck isn't the answer, it has to be quarterback. If Beck is, it becomes offensive tackle.

Secondary needs: Tackle, running back, receiver, defensive line.

Possible targets: Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long, Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan, Virginia defensive end Chris Long or LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey.

Summary: This is a team in rebuilding mode. But how much patience does Parcells have? It's not going to be an overnight fix. But that's why this draft is vital to the success of the franchise. It's time to build with homegrown players, not other team's castoffs.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
      For LtFF...

The skinny: This will be the first draft in Miami for the Bill Parcells regime. One thing's for sure: They can't do any worse than this team has done the past five years. The drafting has been terrible. Miami has the first overall pick, but they haven't offered many hints as to what they will do with it. They certainly would love to trade out of the spot if they could.

Primary need: If they decide John Beck isn't the answer, it has to be quarterback. If Beck is, it becomes offensive tackle.

Secondary needs: Tackle, running back, receiver, defensive line.

Possible targets: Fordham Punter Ben Dato, Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long, Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan, Virginia defensive end Chris Long or LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey.

Summary: This is a team in rebuilding mode. But how much patience does Parcells have? It's not going to be an overnight fix. But that's why this draft is vital to the success of the franchise. It's time to build with homegrown players, not other team's castoffs.
      Corrected.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• feelthepain
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
        http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10732981

The skinny: The Bills are a team getting better each year. .
        I disagree, their stats and record don't support the fact.

Comment

• feelthepain
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
          Corrected.
          Typical.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feelthepain
            I disagree, their stats and record don't support the fact.
            the fins blow. the worst team in the league. Their record DOES support the facts.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

FTP, when the Dolphins have a better season than the Bills, you can talk again... But until then, let's keep it in perspective.

Hell, I would even go as far as to say when the Dolphins beat the Bills, you can talk some smack, but since that hasn't happened it what, 3 years? LOL

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                the fins blow. the worst team in the league. Their record DOES support the facts.
                That was last year, this is no longer last year.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

That was last year, this is no longer last year.
                  It's still pretty fresh in my mind.

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
                    FTP, when the Dolphins have a better season than the Bills, you can talk again... But until then, let's keep it in perspective.

Hell, I would even go as far as to say when the Dolphins beat the Bills, you can talk some smack, but since that hasn't happened it what, 3 years? LOL
                    Whos talking smack? I'm being truthful, the Bills aren't getting better. If you want to think they are that's up to you, but I'm going by their statistics over the last 2 years not my hate for the Bills.

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                      It's still pretty fresh in my mind.
                      As is the Bills still not being a playoff team for nearly a decade. Honestly they are far worse then Miami in that respect. So if we choose to be picky, I can find stats and records that indicate the Bills are a lot worse then the Dolphins in recent years. Bill fans just want to talk about stats that favor their team, much like a child who has to be better then someone else so they only see what they want to see, rather the the entire truth.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

As is the Bills still not being a playoff team for nearly a decade. Honestly they are far worse then Miami in that respect. So if we choose to be picky, I can find stats and records that indicate the Bills are a lot worse then the Dolphins in recent years. Bill fans just want to talk about stats that favor their team, much like a child who has to be better then someone else so they only see what they want to see, rather the the entire truth.
                        The entire truth is your team is worse than ours over the last few years, not just last year.

Comment

• feelthepain
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                          The entire truth is your team is worse than ours over the last few years, not just last year.

The Bills weren't better in 06 and it's qustionable if they were better in 07. Nice try though.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Whos talking smack? I'm being truthful, the Bills aren't getting better. If you want to think they are that's up to you, but I'm going by their statistics over the last 2 years not my hate for the Bills.
                            But we are getting better compared to last year... Larry Tripplett is no longer on the team. That counts for at least 2 wins...

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

I hope Jason Taylor doesn't blow out a knee on "Dancing with the Stars".

That chick he is banging on the show is completely amazing!

Comment

Working...
                              X