If we draft a receiver, it's going to take him a few years to get to speed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

If we draft a receiver, it's going to take him a few years to get to speed....

Coming from college into the NFL as a WR means you have years until you get better. I really feel that a proven commodity needs to be found and we need to draft a D-player with our first [ick. We need someone we can rotate in to learn his position. I hope the Bills do not waste their first pick on a WR, unless it's ocho cinco on a trade.
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Re: If we draft a receiver, it's going to take him a few years to get to speed....

Originally posted by Skooby
    Coming from college into the NFL as a WR means you have years until you get better. I really feel that a proven commodity needs to be found and we need to draft a D-player with our first [ick. We need someone we can rotate in to learn his position. I hope the Bills do not waste their first pick on a WR, unless it's ocho cinco on a trade.
    Yes and no...team will have to account for a decent#2 vs Reed. Even if they cheat the saftey one foot closer then they did with j Reed. It might make the defference. Allthought I agree it usually takes a year for a WR to really learn the system and get use to the speed of the NFL.
    Last edited by acehole; 03-25-2008, 07:16 AM.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Re: If we draft a receiver, it's going to take him a few years to get to speed....

I don't see the team pulling the trigger on a trade, so we're pretty much zeroed in on getting somebody in the draft that we hope can contribute right away.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

people had to account for calvin too.. and roy williams and furry.. but the lions didnt win.

this is the thing that bugs me about the draft a wr process.. i hope we do take a wr.. or two.. but we still need a vet that can get on the field now..

i hope we get darrell jackson.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
          people had to account for calvin too.. and roy williams and furry.. but the lions didnt win.

this is the thing that bugs me about the draft a wr process.. i hope we do take a wr.. or two.. but we still need a vet that can get on the field now..

i hope we get darrell jackson.

Somebody at least.

Comment

Working...
          X