PDA

View Full Version : WR Paul Hubbard

Tatonka
03-24-2008, 07:51 PM
so what is the deal with him... measurables look very good.. some big games, but didnt play most of 2007.

anyone care to elaborate?

DraftBoy
03-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Classic underachiever

Doesnt help that Wisconsin is a run dominant team either.

The Good:
-Loves to Block
-Goes over the middle
-Fearless

The Bad:
-Extremely Raw
-Rough Routes
-Technique needs work

Bottom Line:
He needs lots of time, probably wont be ready for even basic contribution till the 09 season, but could pay big dividends if a team is patient enough.

Projection: Round 4-5

DraftBoy
03-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Oh and I love this kid for our team too!

Tatonka
03-24-2008, 10:10 PM
why did he not play for so many games this season? he had awful numbers.. and last year only like 700 yards..

was he a starter last year?

i like what i see physically but his numbers look awful.. but i dont remember ever seeing him play either.

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 08:06 AM
why did he not play for so many games this season? he had awful numbers.. and last year only like 700 yards..

was he a starter last year?

i like what i see physically but his numbers look awful.. but i dont remember ever seeing him play either.

He was hurt this season and yes he was the starter I believe. As for his stats they aren't impressive and part of that is Wisconsin's gameplan and part may be on him.

I can tell you this, he does not continually stand out on any game film. He'll make a big catch here and there but nothing consistent.

Jan Reimers
03-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Sounds like a nice 5th round project, and I'd take him there. But we need at least one WR (and a TE) - and perhaps a CB or DT - who can contribute immediately.

We're at a point where we need guys who can come in and play.

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Sounds like a nice 5th round project, and I'd take him there. But we need at least one WR (and a TE) - and perhaps a CB or DT - who can contribute immediately.

We're at a point where we need guys who can come in and play.

Yea I think he's more of 2nd WR of our draft type

Yasgur's Farm
03-25-2008, 11:56 AM
I agree 100%. We need 2 with size out of this draft.