Why we didn't get to keep Drury / Briere??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Why we didn't get to keep Drury / Briere??

According to hotstove: Tom G. never signed the contracts after they we're agreed to by the GM. It's F-in sad that we lost 2 of our best players when they we're being reasonable. They said the team knows the score about getting paid in Buffalo and the moral is down.

Find March 22nd hotstove forward it to about the 6 minute mark and puke.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Why we didn't get to keep Drury / Briere??

anyone know who that guy is or where he gets his information? I want to know if it's credible.

If he's right, there's a lot of misplaced anger around here- including from myself- and it's really bad news for the Bills because Golisano's one of the few guys with the money to buy them. And if he manages them like that, then we're no better off than we are with Ralph.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      anyone know who that guy is or where he gets his information? I want to know if it's credible.

If he's right, there's a lot of misplaced anger around here- including from myself- and it's really bad news for the Bills because Golisano's one of the few guys with the money to buy them. And if he manages them like that, then we're no better off than we are with Ralph.
      That is exactly how I feel, I mean dead on. It's really sad if it's really true. I consider those guys very credible and it seems like a typical scared owner move to choke on a great deal to keep the core of a stanley cup team together.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'm certainly not on the Tommy G. bandwagon, especially after the last year and regardless of whether or not the above is the truth.

Give me a Kelly/Kemp/Whoever ownership group.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

I may go down as one of the biggest F-up in Buffalo sports history, right next to wide right.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
            I may go down as one of the biggest F-up in Buffalo sports history, right next to wide right.
            in terms of publicity and fan lament, nothing can ever beat an on the field occurrence.

In terms of overall impact, yeah, it's right up there. It may have cost the Sabres a shot at the Cup.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Some have been saying it was not Darcy, it was Tom G/Quinn from the start.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                At this point, it's pretty much irrelevant because

a) no one is getting fired over it- especially not Golisano since he's the owner, and
                b) determining who's fault it was won't bring Drury or Briere back (although it would be nice to know who to egg if I ever make it to a Sabres home game).
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

The interesting thing will be this offseason.

Do Pominville and Miller get extended? As much as they have struggled at times, they still might have a boatload tied up in Roy, Vanek, Piminville and Miller.

BTW, I think the story only references Drury, not Briere.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

The interesting thing will be this offseason.

Do Pominville and Miller get extended? As much as they have struggled at times, they still might have a boatload tied up in Roy, Vanek, Piminville and Miller.

BTW, I think the story only references Drury, not Briere.
                    actually, now might be the time to extend Miller because he's had a bit of an off-year. If he plays as good next year as he did last year, then he'll be expensive as hell to re sign.

Pominville is worth the cost.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

Do we have to seriously read about Drury and Briere every single day? It's taking the term "beating a dead horse" to new levels. Time to move on people.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          Do we have to seriously read about Drury and Briere every single day? It's taking the term "beating a dead horse" to new levels. Time to move on people.
                          I haven't read about them in months.

On a side note, I heard the comments and the guy is seriously off on his timeline. Briere didn't have a contract offer on the table when Drurys was set. Briere couldn't deal with the team because of the arbitration hearing. He had to wait till January and I'm SURE he would have been looking for more than 5 years for $25 million in January. Plus, as much as I believe Drury had a deal all but wrapped up in October of last year for 4 years 21.5 million, I don't think there was actually a contract offer. I think they agreed on numbers and it was never taken any further. Still the Sabres fault but slightly different than what that guy said.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                            I haven't read about them in months.

On a side note, I heard the comments and the guy is seriously off on his timeline. Briere didn't have a contract offer on the table when Drurys was set. Briere couldn't deal with the team because of the arbitration hearing. He had to wait till January and I'm SURE he would have been looking for more than 5 years for $25 million in January. Plus, as much as I believe Drury had a deal all but wrapped up in October of last year for 4 years 21.5 million, I don't think there was actually a contract offer. I think they agreed on numbers and it was never taken any further. Still the Sabres fault but slightly different than what that guy said.
                            which in the long term will hurt this team attract talent...if Miller walks this team will be worse than the Pitts. Pirates analogy. That was no slip by DR at that press conference. I think he was pretty pissed at the situation.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

actually, now might be the time to extend Miller because he's had a bit of an off-year. If he plays as good next year as he did last year, then he'll be expensive as hell to re sign.

Pominville is worth the cost.
                              That would make sense but judging from previous esperience with the FO I would be stunned if it happened. They will do absolutely nothing all summer and then will sit back and watch Miller's pricetag go up as he has a career year while they throw him a halfass, token, slap in the face, weakass offer. Then he will waltz out of town just like the rest.
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X