PDA

View Full Version : Dear Voters...

mybills
03-25-2008, 06:24 AM
~The PC Times 7:25 am est.

I don't understand the results of the votes in the most recent poll for President. Even if you combine the 2nd & 3rd place, it doesn't even equal the 1st place numbers. Are the voters not reading enough threads? They must have missed the peanut gallery, a.k.a. (Debate # 2 Open Thread). Here is where you find better answers than what ANY of the candidates came up with, and ironically, they came from the 2nd & 3rd place supporters.

1) There could be a little side benefit to Zone outings for donations. Like when we paid the cover at Brunners, have an extra dollar or two go towards Zone donations.

2) There should be some incentive to giving for a whole year.

3) I also think donors could receive a newsletter with staff writings, whats new with the site and stuff like that.

4) There should be a top donor list as well

5) What about a lifetime membership?

6) The store discounts should be increased dramatically with membership, starting at 50% instead of 10%. Being able to change your avatar at a more reasonable zonebux $ amount is a bigger draw than a private forum

7) A donate button/link to the donor page with all the benefits listed should appear on every page, in the most visible location possible, not just select pages.

Now do you see why I don't understand the voting results? I'm not asking you to not vote for the front runner, I'm asking you to read a hell of a lot more, before you decide your final vote. This is also MY president that you are electing.

Thank You,
~The PC Times.

LtFinFan66
03-25-2008, 06:31 AM
Valid points indeed

Devin
03-25-2008, 06:35 AM
While I get the point of the article its important to note that simply because a voter doesnt vote for YOUR choice, doesnt make it the wrong choice.

Good points were made by all sides imo.

mybills
03-25-2008, 06:37 AM
While I get the point of the article its important to note that simply because a voter doesnt vote for YOUR choice, doesnt make it the wrong choice.

Good points were made by all sides imo.
Again...

I'm not asking you to not vote for the front runner, I'm asking you to read a hell of a lot more, before you decide your final vote.

Thanks!

Devin
03-25-2008, 06:42 AM
So you simply disagree with the vote differential between the candidates? Which means people arent reading?

RockStar36
03-25-2008, 06:45 AM
I think the majority of voters are voting for Playa because he is "cool" and has the name Playa. They aren't actually paying attention to any of the issues.

mybills
03-25-2008, 06:46 AM
I understand why you would protest a fair and balanced article, Devin.

Could there be more broken election rules? Devin, do you happen to know a user named Reg?

ANY form of cheating is a disqualification, and pleading ignorance won't do any good. Voting with aliases, getting your 3rd cousin to come on and vote even though they haven't been here in years, getting someone to signup, etc. are all forbidden.

"Deb (formerly of NLS) and Devin invited me here."
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=149316

If this is the Devin supporter of Playas team, good work rounding up voters. /sarcasm.

LtFinFan66
03-25-2008, 06:47 AM
:scratch:

Ebenezer
03-25-2008, 06:54 AM
4) There should be a top donor list as well

The top donor is a FinFan.

LtFinFan66
03-25-2008, 06:57 AM
What an idiot he must be!

That should be enough to get that idea dropped from the presidential campaign

Ebenezer
03-25-2008, 06:58 AM
What an idiot he must be!

That should be enough to get that idea dropped from the presidential campaign
hell of a nice guy though

Devin
03-25-2008, 06:58 AM

Could there be more broken election rules? Devin, do you happen to know a user named Reg?

ANY form of cheating is a disqualification, and pleading ignorance won't do any good. Voting with aliases, getting your 3rd cousin to come on and vote even though they haven't been here in years, getting someone to signup, etc. are all forbidden.

If this is the Devin supporter of Playas team, good work rounding up voters. /sarcasm.

WTF I don't see a Reg vote. EEG and deb are from an affliate site.......you know to get more traffic. I specifically told Deb any new registrations from her site can't vote for us. I said if they voted for gunz or mbb you would be ok with it ;)

Perhaps its time for you to retire.

LtFinFan66
03-25-2008, 06:59 AM
hell of a nice guy thoughPerhaps I will meet him one day:up:

mybills
03-25-2008, 07:02 AM
WTF I don't see a Reg vote. EEG and deb are from an affliate site.......you know to get more traffic. I specifically told Deb any new registrations from her site can't vote for us. I said if they voted for gunz or mbb you would be ok with it ;)

Perhaps its time for you to retire.
I don't see his vote yet, I am watching for it though. I also don't see where you told Deb that. Maybe you should post a link instead of telling me to retire. :up:

BlackMetalNinja
03-25-2008, 07:04 AM
Seems pretty obvious to me that Playa/NBF sent all their voters to the polls immediately (keep in mind that initially polls were supposed to open today). They have very few votes different from the ones they had in the first primary at this point, they just voted first.

mybills
03-25-2008, 07:05 AM
btw, I will be stepping away briefly from my desk, to bring my kitten for her shots.
I'd love to see something else I could write about when I get back. :D

BlackMetalNinja
03-25-2008, 07:07 AM
btw, I will be stepping away briefly from my desk, to bring my kitten for her shots.
I'd love to see something else I could write about when I get back. :D

Sorry, but I refuse to go streaking through the forums...

mybills
03-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Sorry, but I refuse to go streaking through the forums...
THANK YOU! :phew:

:chuckle:

Devin
03-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Seems pretty obvious to me that Playa/NBF sent all their voters to the polls immediately (keep in mind that initially polls were supposed to open today). They have very few votes different from the ones they had in the first primary at this point, they just voted first.

Sounds like sour grapes, could just be who voters think he's the best choice

BlackMetalNinja
03-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Sounds like sour grapes, could just be who voters think he's the best choice

Not sour grapes in the least, just an observation. Our previous voters were informed that polls would be open Tues-Thurs, as that was the original information posted, so I wouldn't expect them to vote beforehand. You guys did a good job of getting the word out to your camp to vote early, that's all.

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 07:40 AM
I think the majority of voters are voting for Playa because he is "cool" and has the name Playa. They aren't actually paying attention to any of the issues.

That may be the most ridiculous statement of this campaign given that the majority of the open thread about the debate yesterday was discussing Playa's ideas, and he was the only one to completely answer the first debate question which is even further cemented by the fact that he did win the first primary and of the voters polled the most important issue to them was the issues so if Playa was not the best on the issues he wouldnt of won the primary.

LtFinFan66
03-25-2008, 07:53 AM
Sorry, but I refuse to go streaking through the forums...Thank God

chernobylwraiths
03-25-2008, 04:26 PM
That may be the most ridiculous statement of this campaign given that the majority of the open thread about the debate yesterday was discussing Playa's ideas, and he was the only one to completely answer the first debate question which is even further cemented by the fact that he did win the first primary and of the voters polled the most important issue to them was the issues so if Playa was not the best on the issues he wouldnt of won the primary.

I smell ghost writer for Playa. This is the SECOND time that Playa is the ONLY candidate to COMPLETELY answer the debate question.

Holy puppet master batman!

Dude
03-25-2008, 07:03 PM
That may be the most ridiculous statement of this campaign given that the majority of the open thread about the debate yesterday was discussing Playa's ideas, and he was the only one to completely answer the first debate question which is even further cemented by the fact that he did win the first primary and of the voters polled the most important issue to them was the issues so if Playa was not the best on the issues he wouldnt of won the primary.That blurb must be pregnant, cause there sure as hell aren't enough periods in it.

jamze132
03-26-2008, 10:47 AM
So you think that people, me included, are voting for Playa because of his name? And to add to insult, you are basically calling us ignorant for not paying attention to the issues. I feel bad for the guys you are supporting and I hope they realize that.

jamze132
03-26-2008, 10:54 AM

That's a pretty serious allegation. I would love to see some proof.

jamze132
03-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Won't everyone have their say when the actual election takes place?

All of this slandering, trashing, spinning, and nonsense is going to affect everyone in there own way and some people may vote differently then they did in the primaries thus far. Let's not forget that.